SJCAM SJ7 Star Sample Videos

I did a few videolapse tests over the last couple of days on firmware 1.13 - the night video was cleaner than I expected:

I also tried a stress test today with a UHD videolapse which I'd planned on leaving all day but unfortunately I went out and snagged the power cable after 5 hours.

It was 20c and I think there's a bit of focus drift once it had been sat in the sun for an hour - the camera was incredibly hot but everything on it was still working as expected:
Sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Dident get too much footage today, but at least my car are driving better now, not super but better for sure.

Will just have to brainstorm the little RC car some more.

2.5K 60fps!
Lucky not to have an accident if that was "England", you were riding on the wrong side of the road :ROFLMAO:

And much too fast i might add, but i have seen the aftermath of a "friend" try to drive thru a car at that speed, and the bike barely made it to the other side where the driver was.
So speeding bikers don't bother me much though i drive a mini/micro car.

My "friend" on the other hand he landed in several pieces down the road, when the fire department was hosing the street it was like a red river along the curb.
Did freak me a little when i saw and recognized the mangled motorcycle "parked" inside the car, no doubt in my mind Jan as the guy was named was no more.

A manual zoom & focus lens will be problematic, zooming to what ever you want is easy, but focussing the lens on such a little screen is a pain.

Even using manual focus on my Nikon Dslr with a little larger screen is stupid, so i mostely have to take some pics and then zoom in on them using the camera and lens to inspect if manual focus is alright.
To be honest i dont even know why Dslr cameras support manual focus when its so silly, old Slr cameras was much better in this regard.

There are a few that make addons for some action cameras using other lenses.
https://www.back-bone.ca/

Just be advised upgrade lenses for these things can be just as stupid expensive as lenses for Dslr cameras.

In general i find a real camcorder best in most cases, things like the little action cameras are only to be used for really up and close ( on board ) action, filming some one else doing something action - filmed from a distance as a spectator you are far better off with a camcorder.

Same goes for phone cameras, you need to be up close or you again are better off with a camcorder.

My friend have several action cameras, but it is his Sony camcorder that see the most use.
Right buy a 35 mm.

And much too fast i might add, but i have seen the aftermath of a "friend" try to drive thru a car at that speed, and the bike barely made it to the other side where the driver was.
So speeding bikers don't bother me much though i drive a mini/micro car.

My "friend" on the other hand he landed in several pieces down the road, when the fire department was hosing the street it was like a red river along the curb.
Did freak me a little when i saw and recognized the mangled motorcycle "parked" inside the car, no doubt in my mind Jan as the guy was named was no more.
Do the " rice rocket" riders there in Danmark cruise the four lane highways doing wheelies and unnerving car drivers and tempting fate like here in the States ?
I think they have a death wish-ride hard, die fast!

I think they have a death wish-ride hard, die fast!
We had a lot of them here a few decades ago, they have become very rare now, Darwin seems to have won :unsure:

No i have not seen them ride quite like in the states, but you can run into a Danish sized group of MC riders, and often they will drive in a manner that's not allowed.
The largest gathering must be the Annual opening of "Bakken" that's a amusement park / area North of out Capitol Copenhagen, but this are after all a policed event.
And even the groupings like HA and Bandidos join in.

You will also often run into smaller groups of elderly mostly men on bikes, but then its no more than 10 - 20 and those most often drive okay.

We had a lot of them here a few decades ago, they have become very rare now, Darwin seems to have won :unsure:
Here they are young and driving recklessly, by and large! The State Police can't be everywhere!
Driving between rows of fast moving cars and trucks on Interstate 95 has to be considered a fool's errand!

Just like bicyclist i applause when i see a good one as i then don't have to do it that often, and so i had to thumbs up a biker today as he was driving quite responsibly, and that's still rare here.

If 90 % of danish car drivers cant drive behind another vehicle , no matter its speed, then it is a much higher number for biker's im afraid.

Gimbal ( too ) seem to be performing fine, and the microphone on the Sj7 are also fine i think, you can allmost make up what the people next door are saying, and that saw somewhere :cool:

Ooops sorry , was it really five times? I know I put it in a a couple of threads but didn't think it was that many?

PS Just seen they got a few 'likes' so nobody else appears to have been bothered about it.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of videos from an off road experience I went to yesterday

This one was filmed at 1080p in a higher frame rate:

And the next one is full UltraHD at 30fps:

The camera was just stuck to the window of a Land Rover Defender with a cheap suction mount so I'm very happy with the footage that came out as these roads (if you can call them that) were beyond bumpy!

Back