One Epic Morning Across the Mojave Desert

I took a different route thru the same desert last year :)

O yeah if those dirt tracks are on the GPS, or map, than that's where i would be going.

Wow, which exits did you take to reach those dirt roads?

Hole in the wall info center to Cima was the route shown with a few off map detours. The Mojave road is a famous off road route. But I wouldn't recommend these off road ventures unless you have a serious off road rig.

You can still see a lot of cool things on the paved roads like the Kelbaker Road in the south to Cima or Baker.

Hole in the wall info center to Cima was the route shown with a few off map detours. The Mojave road is a famous off road route. But I wouldn't recommend these off road ventures unless you have a serious off road rig.

You can still see a lot of cool things on the paved roads like the Kelbaker Road in the south to Cima or Baker.

Oh yea, my current car is a small sedan. I don't dare tackle these roads with my parents in the car either. They freak out and get annoying too easily :D.

I see you have a ScanGaugeII. Got one myself. Need to replace it though the back-light died.

why dont you invest more: buy some better dashcam ?
The Sony HDR-PJ540 as @hanstj has used gives better video for this sort of thing than most dashcams would as it's clean video with low noise and is exposed nicely across the entire frame for this sort of scenic video.

The Sony HDR-PJ540 as @hanstj has used gives better video for this sort of thing than most dashcams would as it's clean video with low noise and is exposed nicely across the entire frame for this sort of scenic video.
You mean he has mount this sony camera into his windshield car ? This camera
[U
SonyHDRPJ540.jpg
][]

Yes it's mentioned at the end of the Youtube video in the first post - it's for recording the scenery rather than the cars themselves (although feel free to correct me @hanstj!)

After see these footages, i think he may consider buy a action cam 4k with timelapse. It will be better in anyway: mounting, image quality...
This sonny camera may be expensive but i think its image quality is not so good.

Does it have optical image stabilisation?

I've only tried one UHD action camera at night as a dashcam and it had bad motion blur and was quite noisy - it was on an older firmware so I'll give it another go to see if it has improved as the firmware has moved on.

His traveling only was recorded in daylight as i see. But image quality's not good. Bad with my opinion.

His traveling only was recorded in daylight as i see. But image quality's not good. Bad with my opinion.
I've got a feeling I'm watching the first video in this thread - ie this one:

And you're watching the one in the second post from a Blackvue:

That would probably make sense :)

201744e9a481-89fd-43e8-ae1b-c3f445635337.png

Daylight footage looks bad. I feel sorry for his trip.
So, a action cam 4k can help.
(it just random footage i found on internet. it must have many action cam better than that and very cheap. Below 200$)
and in order to save memory, he can use timelapse.

Back