0906 disassembly

discharging the Super Capacitor

Dont worry i did :) but have not read the disassembly doc posted as i already had it and the 0806 apart before.

I also have a feeling its those 2 flexible interconnects, but it really look ( as far as my eyes can see ) and feel ( cant pull the interconnect out after having closed the lock )

But i will keep working on it.

Last edited:
Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get the ribbon cable to sit in the guide hole, especially when you can't see!

One of my ribbon cables seems to have been trapped between the PCB and the case (by the factory), not good, be careful when reassembling the case.

This is my worst finger, but almost all of them at least on the finger tips are and feel like the skin have thickened and so having problems with delicate operations.
Have you had any new chemicals or a new type of soap on your fingers? Avoid putting anything on them for a while and see if it clears.

No its not a allergy i was tested for that granted many years ago in the 8 grade, have not messed with chemicals lately.

Will have to see if my doctor can come up with another wonder ointment like the one that worked on my legs so good, only used 1/4 of the stuff then it was gone on the legs, now i have used the remaining 3/4 on my fingers and there it don't work the least.

There was 2 extra flexible interconnects along with my lenses, i will have to try those next though the old ones look just fine.

Okay i am up and running again, dunno what it was but it is working now.

Weather are bad so i cant focus out of a open window as i would prefer to do, so will have to make do with a shorter focus distance in my living room ( 4 M or so )

I didn't receive a lens yet, I hope they ship it with an invoice uncluding shipping fee this time.

@kamkar1 does your invoice declare shipping fees?

One of my ribbon cables seems to have been trapped between the PCB and the case (by the factory), not good, be careful when reassembling the case
Same for me

I dident have to pay a dime as the parcel was declared at 5 dollars value, about the shipping i don't know and i have thrown out the papers.

But DHL do the customs and so on here, and they know what have been paid for the parcel out there i would assume.
And we also have to pay tax on the shipping here, but i assume there was nothing to do for DHL to collect the 160 DKkr handeling fee thay are allowed to collect, at least if there are any customs and so on the parcel too.

Just been out for a little test drive with new lens, seem i have hit the sweet spot, but it is rainy and all together bad weather.
But from cameras own heat generating i did not see any focus shifting, but its hard to determine in such bad low light weather.

I didn't receive a lens yet, I hope they ship it with an invoice uncluding shipping fee this time.

@kamkar1 does your invoice declare shipping fees?

Same for me
Maybe I have your lens, I've just received 2, plus 2 ribbon cables, plus 2 microscopic resistors.

I've never soldered a resistor this small before, any tips :unsure:

Yes, there was a sort of invoice for $5 + $0 shipping fee, though their printer could do with a new ribbon!

We'll see if it arrives or if you received mine :D

Protip: You need veeery calm hands, a soldering station (I'd recommend setting it to 350°C) with a thin tip and something to fix the pcb so you don't have to this with your hands
For example something like this:
s-l300.jpg

Or this: https://www.amazon.de/gp/B003P92254

We'll see if it arrives or if you received mine :D

Protip: You need veeery calm hands, a soldering station (I'd recommend setting it to 350°C) with a thin tip and something to fix the pcb so you don't have to this with your hands
For example something like this:
View attachment 30973

Or this: https://www.amazon.de/gp/B003P92254
I think I will need to mount it on my microscope or I will not be able to see!

Biggest problem is probably holding the resistor in place while it is soldered...

Maybe easier to use a standard size resistor instead of a surface mount one and solder wires to the PCB, then I can easily adjust the resistance.

My PRO soldering station with the replaceable tips and the collection of tips are in storage, and my small soldering station dont have a small tip.

And i would at least have to borrow my friends reading glasses before i try anything,,,,, but i am not going to.

Those resistors was for the heat shutdown issue right ?

My PRO soldering station with the replaceable tips and the collection of tips are in storage, and my small soldering station dont have a small tip.

And i would at least have to borrow my friends reading glasses before i try anything,,,,, but i am not going to.

You can fashion a temporary soldering tip of the desired size using a small finishing nail. I've done that in pinch and it worked splendidly. Here in the US at least you can buy serviceable reading glasses for about a dollar.

I assume so, I would measure the resistance using a multimeter to see if they are 9.1K but I'm afraid I will loose them among the dust.

I've not had a problem in the car so far anyway so I will leave them for now and maybe replace them if I do find it a problem.
If they are both 9.1K same as the original then there is no point changing them anyway, since they are both on the same strip they will be the same value.

Has everyone else only got 1 lens, or are they different for us to choose the best?

I got 2 that look the same installed in a mount ( not glued off course )
I think they are the same ?

I just received my DHL delivery. Two lenses pre-installed in bases, two ribbons and the two microscopic resistors, assuming that's what they are as I've not personally worked with such small components. Both lenses appear identical but one may be slightly different than the other if you very closely compare the small element in the center. Not sure yet. One lens I received is prisitinely clean and the other is smudged and may even have a small scratch. When I get some time I'll clean it properly and see what I've got.

The one time I ever tried to solder tiny surface mount components I gave up in despair. I turned to a highly skilled friend of mine who does a lot of professional radio repair for police and fire departments but he no longer lives in the area. He had a special jig and magnifier set-up on his workbench made for this kind of work. Even he hated to work with these things. I remember he said these kind of components were meant to be installed by precision robots, not people.

Last edited:
I have been known to solder components to computer motherbords, in order for me to overclock it further by increasing some voltages.
And the IC legs i was working on was pretty darn close together too, and the normal 1 mm DIA solder i use was too much for the job, and the tip on the soldering station was like a needle.
But this was back in the late 90ties or something, back when Nvidia also made chipsets for motherbords, cuz i seem to recall this was such a motherbord.
But back then my eyes was much better and my hands probably more steady too :)

I just read some info on the new up coming +10 core AMD CPUs, they are named 19XX but sadly they jump from a SKU called 1976 to ones called 1956.
Being from 1966 myself it would have freaked me if i was able to get a 1966 CPU when i still have my Dual-core Opteron "Denmark" computer.
And it would have been unbearable as i would have no money for such a upgrade,,,, o BTW the sockets are 4094 pin :eek:

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-lineup-threadripper/

Id like to get me some of that, will have no problem settling for a 12 core one :cool:

Just found out DHL has delivered, but to the wrong address.:( I have a surveillance camera, so I know he/she never came to my house.
It was electronic signed, so they could it drop off.
I have already called DHL to see if there can locate the packet. I hope the best.

Lot of the people is good to return wrong delivered mail other(n)
I know someone got a lot of good electronic stuff from newegg and kept it.

Just found out DHL has delivered, but to the wrong address.:( I have a surveillance camera, so I know he/she never came to my house.
It was electronic signed, so they could it drop off.
I have already called DHL to see if there can locate the packet. I hope the best.

Lot of the people is good to return wrong delivered mail other(n)
I know someone got a lot of good electronic stuff from newegg and kept it.

Check the tracking number on DHL's web site. It will tell you every place the package was logged.

I received a DHL package sent to me from a camera developer in Hong Kong a few days after Christmas and it ended up in the wrong city. It got to me but it took a few extra days, once they sorted things out after the Holiday shipping insanity.

Check the tracking number on DHL's web site. It will tell you every place the package was logged.
I did that and that's why I know it was delivered. One strange thing was, I never received a sms update, then I could have called the same second, since I was home.
DHL will take contact to the driver and hopeful know where he drop the packet.
I assume there also use GPS tracking, so when it was scanned the last time, there will have some coordinate.

I did that and that's why I know it was delivered. One strange thing was, I never received a sms update, then I could have called the same second, since I was home.
DHL will take contact to the driver and hopeful know where he drop the packet.
I assume there also use GPS tracking, so when it was scanned the last time, there will have some coordinate.

Yeah, they do use GPS on delivery and more than that! I live out in the middle of rural nowhere and happened to be out in my front yard when the driver pulled up to my house today. By the time I got back inside to my office and checked, the DHL web site showed my package as delivered!

Yeah, they do use GPS on delivery and more than that! I live out in the middle of rural nowhere and happened to be out in my front yard when the driver pulled up to my house today. By the time I got back inside to my office and checked, the DHL web site showed my package as delivered!

Call DHL again 7:50pm, just before end of day and it didn't sound like the driver was send out to look for the packet.:oops:
I don't know how DHL will track a packet, if people have taken it inside there house, but I hope it end up at some nice responsible people, that will handle the packet over to me.:unsure:
I guess I have to wait a little, before I can do any update.:sleep:

Back