One Epic Morning Across the Mojave Desert

after think twice, maybe his windsheild was not clean ? i wonder is there any solution to deal with that !

201744e9a481-89fd-43e8-ae1b-c3f445635337.png

Daylight footage looks bad. I feel sorry for his trip.
So, a action cam 4k can help.
(it just random footage i found on internet. it must have many action cam better than that and very cheap. Below 200$)
and in order to save memory, he can use timelapse.

after think twice, maybe his windsheild was not clean ? i wonder is there any solution to deal with that !

I was in the desert so the truck did have a thick layer of dirt on it. My footage on roads with a cleaner windshield does produce a better video.

Another desert video, quality is not so great:

Road video with quality being better:

His traveling only was recorded in daylight as i see. But image quality's not good. Bad with my opinion.

Are you talking about my video or @flank's? My video was clearly not recorded in daylight. It was very early in the morning, before the sun even rose.

Yes it's mentioned at the end of the Youtube video in the first post - it's for recording the scenery rather than the cars themselves (although feel free to correct me @hanstj!)
You mean he has mount this sony camera into his windshield car ? This camera

@reverend is correct. Although, I do not mount my camcorder on the windshield, but on a tripod. Take a look at the attached picture.

DSC00065.JPG

I was in the desert so the truck did have a thick layer of dirt on it. My footage on roads with a cleaner windshield does produce a better video.

Road video with quality being better:

Hey! It is Colorado National Monument! What a coincidence. I just finished editing a video of my first visit there. Amazing scenery!

Daylight footage looks bad. I feel sorry for his trip.
So, a action cam 4k can help.
(it just random footage i found on internet. it must have many action cam better than that and very cheap. Below 200$)
and in order to save memory, he can use timelapse.

Time-lapse will never work for me, because the resulting video will too crazy fast to be enjoyable. Whenever I am ready to purchase a 4K camcorder/action cam, I do not think I will be going for those cheap obscure brands. Instead, Sony FDR-X3000R will be my top candidate. It has the same excellent "Balanced Optical SteadyShot" that my Sony HDR-PJ540 has. It is also capable of shooting 4k footage at 60 fps. Take a look at a test video below. It is so much better and smoother compared to the Apeman one, isn't it?

Time-lapse will never work for me, because the resulting video will too crazy fast to be enjoyable. Whenever I am ready to purchase a 4K camcorder/action cam, I do not think I will be going for those cheap obscure brands. Instead, Sony FDR-X3000R will be my top candidate. It has the same excellent "Balanced Optical SteadyShot" that my Sony HDR-PJ540 has. It is also capable of shooting 4k footage at 60 fps. Take a look at a test video below. It is so much better and smoother compared to the Apeman one, isn't it?

yes, that's what i was talking about :)
i think if you keep your windsheild clear, you will have wonderful footages :)

Back