Need Help Please With My Setup!

Brandon Balliet

Reaction score
Country
United States

Please help me with the setup, I followed the instructions verbatim

Usually the problem is in the selection of the power sources. With many cars these days what seems at first to be a switched or unswitched fuse is misleading as the car's computer alters the circuits behavior :mad: If you have a voltmeter, you can check the fuses functioning in situ. Alternately the car dealer or a stereo installation tech may be able to help you.

Much better to use proper fuse taps- wrapped wires are not a reliable connection. The ground connection could also be at fault- many bolts you see under a modern dashboard are not grounded. Also let folks know what year and model of car this is as all will behave differently. Maybe someone else has been in your exact situation before ;)

And welcome to DCT :)
Phil

Usually the problem is in the selection of the power sources. With many cars these days what seems at first to be a switched or unswitched fuse is misleading as the car's computer alters the circuits behavior :mad: If you have a voltmeter, you can check the fuses functioning in situ. Alternately the car dealer or a stereo installation tech may be able to help you.

Much better to use proper fuse taps- wrapped wires are not a reliable connection. The ground connection could also be at fault- many bolts you see under a modern dashboard are not grounded. Also, let folks know what year and model of car this is as all will behave differently. Maybe someone else has been in your exact situation before ;)

And welcome to DCT :)
Phil

Hey Phil, thanks for the information. My car is a Dodge Neon 2004 SXT.

Where would you recommend grounding the bolt to?

I know that I need to clean the bolt which will be done tomorrow when I get my fuse taps. Cause I was told those help quite a bit. I do have a voltemeter that I tried yesterday looking for a fuse with constant power. I had the black end on the frame of the car which is metal and the red positive side on the metal point of the fuse.

The fuse that I had tested showed constant power even with the car off.

Thanks again for replying with the great information and welcoming me to the forum!!

Back