Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
hi guys,
here we listed the submited bugs by all of your guys, please choose the items you meet, or you think it must be solved/improved.
if you want to add other items, please let me know

<update on 5.27>
1, front camera focusing problem -- hardware, customize designing a lens, now use F2.0 lens as alternative;
2, RTC time reset on some cameras -- hardware, testing with high temperature MS621T now;
3, rear camera flip problem -- solved
4, video file names messy to sort -- solved
5, gps log file messy or lost,-- solved
6, LED too dark for daylight -- hardware, reduce resistance
7, remote control no snap when screen off -- solved
8, sometimes charging icon disappear -- solved
9, G-sensor too sensitive -- please check if the sensitivity is ok in 5.27 fw
10, sometimes fail to start when ignite -- need more research
11, system setting restored on V5.03 -- solved
12, GPS longitude and latitude correcting -- solved
13, memory error for large card, need a format button -- added format button, need polish
14, long time to lock GPS -- hardware, optimize GPS antenna
15, need shutter sound when snap -- rework firmware
16, serious bitrate problem -- rework firmware
17, need VBR/CBR menu options -- will use CBR
18, temperature stamping on video -- added on 5.27 fw, need polish
19, need temperature unit C/F -- added on 5.27 fw, need polish
20, change stamping font/size/border -- need more research
21, embed META into video -- need more research
22, turn off sound can be louder -- rework firmware, anyone have experience on creating a PCM or WAV?

Last edited:
1: yes ( heat related focus shift on stock lens, maybe a little L or R placement of lens too resulting in focus issues to one side of the footage.
2: yes ( camera use default time/date when powered by micro USB and not in the GPS mount on the windscreen.
It also use this default time on first startup of the day of car,, but normally GPS get fixed and time adjust before first file are saved.
3: no ( have camera installed upside dow and rear camera flip to down, footage appear right side up, live view of rear calera on dashcam screen apear upside down.
4: yes if set to log only or stamp on, not using either give a okay file structure.
5: I have not looked closer at this feature
6: Yes need to be brighter
7: I have not yet looked closer at this, a short press mane camera LCD come on, but no picture or file appear to be locked down. ( would be nice if event files go to a separate read only folder )
8: I have not noticed this.
9: Yes all 3 settings need to be less sensitive.
10: NO have been working flawless.
11: Not sure ?
12: Not looked close at this.
13: been using a 2016 model Toshiba U3 memory card ( exceria ) it have been working fine all the time ( cheapest U3 card where i am in the world )
http://www.toshiba.co.uk/flash-memory/microsd-cards/exceria-m302/
14: yes cold boot do take a bit long, only 5 satellites appear to be seen by the camera ( have not looked at this often ) once locked in GPS connection seem to be fine.
15: sound for take pic would be nice.
16: VBR bitrate do seem to be very variable and often choosing a low bitrate where a higher should be used ( maybe change to CBR for quick or temporary fix )
17: that will be nice.
18: That would be nice too, but i minor thing.
19: Yes that would be nice, but not a major thing to look at the moment.
20: I dont think its bad
21: yes that would be good i think.

Extras:

Speaker volume also seem low, boot and shut down sounds are not that loud i think, wouldn't will not hurt to be louder i think ( you can always use beep off in menu if too loud )

Speaker volume also seem low, boot and shut down sounds are not that loud i think, wouldn't will not hurt to be louder i think ( you can always use beep off in menu if too loud )

I think the boot sound is ok but shut down sound is little grave.
Any one can recommend a shut down tone?

Pressing the remote control to lock the file, it locks the current front file but the previous rear file!
Also, I think the lock icon stayed on when it moved to the next file instead of disappearing.

The mini 0806 used to lock the previous, current and next files so that you didn't miss the event if you were a little slow pressing the button.

Really like the remote control, although I think I would prefer short press to be lock and long press to be photo.

17, need VBR/CBR menu options
I don't think we need an option, most people will not understand it anyway.
We just need good bitrate all the time, CBR would be OK, or a VBR that never goes very low.

I would like the WDR icon removed, it is quite big and hiding part of the image. There is no option to turn WDR off/on so the icon is not needed.

1, front camera focusing problem
Needs more improvement/attention
2, RTC time reset on some cameras

I don`t have this problem, but it needs your attention, what does cause this

3, rear camera flip problem
yes
4, video file names messy to sort
yes
5, gps log file messy or lost,
yes
6, LED too dark for daylight
Maybe
7, remote control no snap when screen off
yes
8, sometimes charging icon disappear
I don`t have this problem, but it needs your attention
9, G-sensor too sensitive
yes
10, sometimes fail to start when ignite
11, system setting restored on V5.03
12, GPS longitude and latitude correcting
A must one
13, memory error for large card, need a format button
Maybe
14, long time to lock GPS
15, need shutter sound when snap
Maybe, but switchable (On/Off)
16, serious bitrate problem
Yes
17, need VBR/CBR menu options
No
18, temperature stamping on video
No
19, need temperature unit C/F
Yes (maybe the Kelvin only? Ok,ok! I am just kidding…)
20, change stamping font/size/border
Maybe
21, embed META into video
Maybe
22, turn off sound can be louder
Yes
23, I like very much Nigel`s idea:
although I think I would prefer short press to be lock and long press to be photo…

Last edited:
updates:

for focusing problem, the substitute lens we sent is just for temporarily
we are developing a new lens now, customized design for high temperature environment, which will be used on mass production.

for RTC problem, we primary confirmed that is caused by high temperature of PCBA, testing high temperature MS621T battery

for the other software issue, we will release a firmware on Wed or Thu to improve

Hi Rayman,

when you plan to complete developing of new lens?
And will be able to get the last version of these lens for testers?

Hi Rayman,
when you plan to complete developing of new lens?
And will be able to get the last version of these lens for testers?

we will get samples on next week to check out the quality,
then small order samples to check the homogeneity but i understand those need more time.
I think we can send those samples to you guys in one month.
it is not a easy work to run something to mass production

If it was easy everyone would be doing it :) have faith and keep up the good work.

I think the new one could be a narrower angle than our current replacement, for 1080 resolution it seems a bit wide, hard to read number plates at distance, plus it can see my CPL!

yes the temporary alternative is in a super wide angle, which we are avoiding. which only make things smaller and more A pillar area visible.
the diagonal angle 125 to 130, horizontal angle 105 to 110 is our best choice

Any chance on turning on dewarping function?

we will get samples on next week to check out the quality,
then small order samples to check the homogeneity but i understand those need more time.
I think we can send those samples to you guys in one month...

May I suggest to send it as Small Packet by Air?As a private person as you have sent it last time. Delivery is 10-14 days indeed, but the guys wont have a problem with DHL and customs combination - I guess. I did not have any problem last time, but I see around, that the others had. I think, it is cheaper to you also.
Guys? Is it ok for you?

Any chance on turning on dewarping function?
That is not a good idea with a 1080 resolution sensor, we would loose the image sharpness, a narrower angle lens will remove some of the warp anyway.

This is not a bug.

But on a finish product I like much more a strait USB cable without cigar plug. A cigar / USB plug can be put on side.
Today's car have many USB outlet now and sometime the cigar plug is behind a panel.
Just my 10 cent.

Recording red led flashing when ok
Gps green led sturdy when ok.

Can either flashing or sturdy mean ok.
Just so it unified.

Today's car have many USB outlet now and sometime the cigar plug is behind a panel.
sounds like a good idea but a lot of vehicles have USB ports that are incompatible with the cameras, it can cause a lot of unnecessary support issues when people try powering cameras from inadequate or unsuitable factory USB outlets that are either underpowered or data enabled

sounds like a good idea but a lot of vehicles have USB ports that are incompatible with the cameras, it can cause a lot of unnecessary support issues when people try powering cameras from inadequate or unsuitable factory USB outlets that are either underpowered or data enabled

Thanks for clarifying the problem with USB plug.
I have been so happy for A119s got a USB and I have tried on 3 different cars without any problem.
But you are right, there is a risk of more problem can occurred.

Back