WR1 Android Screen layout

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
Viofo has offer me this sample of WR1 for test / reviews. Thanks Viofo.

I have a chance to play a little with wr1 after I got. My impression of the quality of the camera, its study and have a good feel when you hold in you hand. It looks nice and elegant. In the short time I have had it (24 hour), there have been no problems.

I can't compare it to the earlier a119, but I got 2 a119s.
Using the Android app make it much more easy to read, change the settings or make a playback on the go. So I feel, it's much more user friendly to use.

I have not have any problem with setting up the wifi, using the app. No freezing.

When you want to change a setting you slide to the side and a scroll menu show up.
If you enable a functions, the button turn green.

I know you guy's N Lady's waiting to see some clip, but you need wait to a little and it will come.

Here is some screen dump from my phone.

Menu screen.
menu screen.jpg

Live View
live view.png

Video folder
Video folder 1.png

Video play back.
Video play back.png

Wifi connect screen 1
connect2.png

Wifi connect screen 2
connect1.png

Attachments

• Video folder 2.png
    Video folder 2.png
    322.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Nice, Viking, and Yeah ... hangin out for your first impressions ... some Video - Day, dusk and night + a comparison with your A119s ... a pic of it on your window?
Nicer or more discreet than the A119s?

I guess this is why they pay you the big bucks ... Yeah? ;D

Edit: To install the Viofo app ... Do they ask for access to all your personal information on your phone?

Last edited:
Only 1 person saw the Easter egg under some blue text. :cry:

A new app version will be released this week.

Another camera that needs a dumb phone to be configured. Too bad. :(

Only 1 person saw the Easter egg under some blue text. :cry:
Some frame grabs embedded in the post showing the full quality would be good...

Your YT Easter egg looks good but we can't see the quality and I didn't bother with the download as it wanted an agreement with terms and conditions!

Edit: To install the Viofo app ... Do they ask for access to all your personal information on your phone?

No. It need access to your photos and Wifi.

Access to.png

I didn't bother with the download as it wanted an agreement with terms and conditions!
Give me a link to a free space, where I don't have to sign up or wait 3 hours for uploading.
2nd option if you don't have server, you can install filezilla FTP server on your PC, open ports in you router and I will upload there.

You wont get my address to my FTP server, since I already got more than 100.000 blocked address + 10 countries there is already blocked.
I don't need more attraction.

Don't tell me, I not try to please you.:)

Last edited:
Another camera that needs a dumb phone to be configured. Too bad. :(

Without a screen it doesn't leave many options. I think more camera with Bluetooth or wifi will come, like it or not.
If you wish you could upload / edit a config file, why not give a input to Viofo.

@viofo would it be possible in the future to upload or edit a "setup/config file" from my pc. I only use linux, so a pc program or IOS wouldn't help me.

Question for @viofo, @Viking or anyone who may have tested this.

I have a router in my car which I use to stream lossless audio from my phone to the car audio via wifi (I hate bluetooth audio). As soon as I start my car, the router recognizes and auto-connects to my phone. A static ip and subnet configuration also allows me to use my AT&T data stream simultaneously.

Can the WR1 connect to my phone through the router instead of directly to my phone (WR1 > router > phone instead of WR1 > phone)? Atm, I can't think of another way to connect multiple wifi devices to my phone simultaneously.

Last edited:
Question for @viofo, @Viking or anyone who may have tested this.

I have a router in my car which I use to stream lossless audio from my phone to the car audio via wifi (I hate bluetooth). As soon as I start my car, the router recognizes and auto-connects to my phone. A static ip and subnet configuration also allows me to use my AT&T data stream simultaneously.

Can the WR1 connect to my phone through the router instead of directly to my phone (WR1 > router > phone instead of WR1 > phone)? Atm, I can't think of another way to connect multiple wifi devices to my phone simultaneously.
That's possible, require the Wi-Fi work under station mode, but currently we don't have plan to do implement this.

That's possible, require the Wi-Fi work under station mode, but currently we don't have plan to do implement this.

I see. My router is indeed in station mode so that would have been a sweet solution. Hmm, I'll play around to see if there might be any way.

Can I make that a feature request for you to consider implementing at some point? I don't know how many people have a similar situation but as people acquire more and more wifi devices in their cars it might have a wider use case for convenience (it's not a huge deal to manually switch to the cam whenever needed but would be nice to not have to). To further the fun I'm also planning to have a wifi tablet connect to my phone hotspot. Would be nice to seamlessly integrate my cam into all of that.

Without a screen it doesn't leave many options. I think more camera with Bluetooth or wifi will come, like it or not.
I think manufacturers should take into account that a large portion of the dashcam market doesn't mind to or would rather have a dashcam with a screen.

I think manufacturers should take into account that a large portion of the dashcam market doesn't mind to or would rather have a dashcam with a screen.

I'd rather have a screen, easier to use, much easier to troubleshoot also

^ Same here ... I want a decent sized screen on the front ... and don't want to introduce another system on the rear.

I'd rather have a screen, easier to use, much easier to troubleshoot also

I have tried to make a list of positive and negative of the different way you could design a system. Nothing is perfect.
I might have forget other details, but this is what I could come up with.

A119 +a119s
+ Have both screen and buttons.
+- Easy to use, but lot of press.
- I have to bend my neck to see screen.
- Screen is small
+ No screen delay
- impossible to adjust on go, if not placed in windshield.
+ Low cost.

Wr1
+ Very use friendly with external screen / remote.
+ you can hold the screen as it fit you.
+ you can stand outside car and show the record. (police)
- Delay on live screen. (1 second or less)
+You place the dashcam where you want and still have control.
- You could have wifi connection problem. (noise)
- need external system. Android, Apple. More complex.
- cost, 3 platform that need to be kept updated.

Dashcam system with separated touch screen.
+ easy to use
+ you can have a bigger screen.
+ 1 system
+ low cost
- lot of cable, if not wireless. Screen still need power and dashcam too.
- Hard to find a good space to place. (Maybe there is already a GPS on dashboard.)
+ you can place the camera where you want and still have control on the go.

I have tried to make a list of positive and negative of the different way you could design a system. Nothing is perfect.
I might have forget other details, but this is what I could come up with.

no screen is great, until there is a problem and all you're left with is some LED's for diagnosis

no screen is great, until there is a problem and all you're left with is some LED's for diagnosis

If like the original Mobius you can plug it into your computer and check everything, then it's not a big issue having no screen. But if it's a wifi-only and the wifi shuts off then you're screwed with no screen :( LCD screens take up space, eat up power, create heat, and add cost and complexity to the cam. If smallness is your goal then ditch the screen ;)

Just be sure to include a PC interface when you get rid of the screen :D

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S WR1 7