DashCamTalk 5 year anniversary!

Wow...didn't realize it was 5 years already! Time has flown buy. Really impressed with the community and glad so many people contribute even though I had to scale back due to work and family commitments!

Thanks everyone for a great 5 years!

thanks for having us :D

I joined up pretty fast, but as i recall i already had a dashcam at that time.

Looking at youtube my oldest dashcam upload are dated December 2012, and that was actually a dual channel system ( 720p / D1 )
By October 2013 i was already on the 4 channel analog system.
Dont say i am not progressive heading almost strait for a multi channel system :D

Still waiting for that good worth while multi channel system, but i figure the wait will not be long now :)

The original forum software was phpBB. It was ok but not the easiest to manage. Xenforo was relatively new when we switched over in 2013. Apparently now Xenforo has a larger marketshare than vBulletin. Also Xenforo 2.0 will be released this year so expect an update to this forum software once the production version is released.

I joined up pretty fast, but as i recall i already had a dashcam at that time.

Looking at youtube my oldest dashcam upload are dated December 2012, and that was actually a dual channel system / 720p / D1 )
By October 2013 i was already on the 4 channel analog system.
Dont say i am not progressive heading almost strait for a multi channel system :D

Yeah, some of us early dashcammers were hard core. You had your cool analogue DIY set-up and I had a camcorder mounted on my dashboard with a giant wad of Blutack. :):smuggrin:

Maybe that give one a chanse to update user name, or at least loose that silly 1 :D

"The GREAT Dane" :ROFLMAO:
Not sure about that.
Here is a Great Dane.
GreatDanealmost200%20lbsdogAlemao.JPG

Not sure about that.
Here is a Great Dane.
GreatDanealmost200%20lbsdogAlemao.JPG

Years ago, I had a girlfriend who had a Great Dane, in part because she raised sheep and he was a terrific farm dog. The first time she brought him over to my house the dog laid down in front of the couch and farted and we all had to run out of the house and leave the doors and windows open for half an hour! It was pretty funny. :D

The Grumpy Dane if anything like that.

Regarding dog flatulence it seem to me like they all had something crawl up their behind and die.

Years ago, I had a girlfriend who had a Great Dane, in part because she raised sheep and he was a terrific farm dog. The first time she brought him over to my house the dog laid down in front of the couch and farted and we all had to run out of the house and leave the doors and windows open for half an hour! It was pretty funny. :D

everyone always blames the dog :p

Happy Anniversary DCT

DVR-027 was my first hobby level dashcam in the early days before eventually getting into the dashcam business all together in search of something greater. Time flies when you're having fun!

5CIxr1C.png

this was also my first DVR or a lookalike i.e. fake, I can't remember exactly when I bought it but it was either mid 2010 or early 2011. at the time I thought it marvelous being able to capture my journey and be able to have proof if I was/was not to blame for a road accident, it's only much later when I was able to compare it's results with newer DVR's that I noticed it was like comparing a digital TV, to the old 625 lines (PAL) TV's

I stumbled on dashcamtalk, in early 2013, not long after purchasing a Blackvue DR500GW, this DVR looked the business only problem it didn't produce the results, the results looked very pore, but what got me to google for dash-cam information was that the built in GPS was showing that I was driving 40 - 50 miles east of my true location, where there were no roads, I got little to no help from the Korean seller (from ebay), so did some googling and it brought up dashcamtalk. I asked my questions and got very quick response and have been here ever since and still learning all the time

...the dog laid down in front of the couch and farted and we all had to run out of the house and leave the doors and windows open for half an hour! It was pretty funny. :D
Used to have a black Lab that would do the same thing but would leave the room right away - sometime before the humans could detect the odor. Didn't take us long to learn when the dog left - so should we. :yuck:

everyone always blames the dog :p

With good reason.
I remember as a kid we got a dog there master to slip silent wind and leave the room, so we could blame each other.
It could also enter and leave the room for that reason. Sometime with the guilt painted in the face.
dogs-caught-in-the-act-20.jpg

I can't believe it's been that long. It's really exciting to see it come this far

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Back