MY Goluk T3 Seems to Stutter

PFWiz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Goluk T3
We have permanently installed T3 in our SS. Last week I got hit by a shower of rocks flying off the empty bed of a flatbed semi. Because there was no G force related to this it did not "lock the video". I found the video of me coming up behind the truck in the loop section of the videos, but when I looked at it I found it stutters. Maybe 20 to 40 seconds of good recording then the video seems to jump maybe 5 to 15 seconds.
Guess when the actual video of the rocks striking was? Yep, during a stutter. %#$@!@#$
Does this happen to anyone else? I am using the supplied memory card, will changing it help? Do all T3s have this issue?

Appreciate any help.

When I was testing the Goluk T3, I never experienced this issue, though I didn't use the supplied memory card, since I usually prefer using at least 64gb for dash cams. The memory card I think I used was either the Samsung Pro 64gb or Lexar 633x and didn't have any issues related to stuttering.

Which vid player are you using? Some have playback stutter while the recording itself is fine. VLC player in a Windows platform does good with most cams ;) Win Media Player usually sucks with dashcam vids :(

Phil

Tried using VLC, no joy.

Ordered a 32 gig U3 card. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Tried using VLC, no joy.

Ordered a 32 gig U3 card. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Hopefully you ordered from a reputable brand microSD card from trusty retailer like Best Buy, B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

Because there was no G force related to this it did not "lock the video".
And why would you be driving with the G-Sensor activated? That's not a good idea and might be what caused the stuttering.

And why would you be driving with the G-Sensor activated? That's not a good idea and might be what caused the stuttering.

What? Huh?

I am saying that the accident did not have any sudden G Force incident that would cause the camera to move the video out of the "Loop" library and lock it into memory.... I never said anything about driving with any sensor activated.
Hopefully you ordered from a reputable brand microSD card from trusty retailer like Best Buy, B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.

Got a PNY Elite-X U3 card from Amazon.

I am saying that the accident did not have any sudden G Force incident that would cause the camera to move the video out of the "Loop" library and lock it into memory...
If you were expecting that clip to be locked then the camera has to have the G-Sensor feature activated, otherwise it doesn't save any clips automatically.

Btw, Goluk has its own sub-forum. ;)

If you were expecting that clip to be locked then the camera has to have the G-Sensor feature activated, otherwise it doesn't save any clips automatically.

Btw, Goluk has its own sub-forum. ;)

Thank you Captain Obvious. Who knew that for that G-Force sensor to work that it had to be activated?

OK just looked at video taken with new higher speed card. Looks great! No stuttering!

Kind of silly for a manufacturer to include a card that will not allow their product to work properly....(n)

Might I suggest that when anyone on this forum tests a camera they try the memory card that comes with them? (assuming one comes with.)

Who knew that for that G-Force sensor to work that it had to be activated?
Well, was it? That's the only thing that matters to this discussion.

"Who knew that for that G-Force sensor to work that it had to be activated?"

You do realize that I was being facetious, right?

"Well, was it? That's the only thing that matters to this discussion."

No it does not matter in the least. I have demonstrated to my satisfaction (the only one that matters for my thread) that the problem was caused by the low quality memory card supplied with the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back