GPSMapper

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650S-2CH / Viofo A119 V3
Hi,
I have just purchased DR650S and during mounting noticed thay there it is not sitting tight in a mount ring and plays noticably.
Similar to what is filmed on this video:

Is it normal?

Tnx.

See if this helps...

upload_2017-7-23_19-3-34.png

Well, I am pretty sure I have tried everything. Dashcam is definitely clicks into her place. But it is still not sitting tight. And this could be an issue on some bumpy roads and on some diesels where vibration is sensible on the windshield..
I have now recorded my own video.

Is it normal?
I have put a small piece of tape on the dashcam, it sits now tight, but it is really hard to click it in and remove in this case....

Looks like the lock button did not come back to its position (remember: you have to push the lock button - see my diagram earlier - to release the dashcam in the first place, right?). See if you can inspect that little click inside the tube (after pulling the dashcam out first, of course) and press and release the lock button a few times to see if it "bites" and "unbites". Then slot the dashcam back in while at the same time pushing the lock button haaaard - yes, you have to push the button hard in order to let the dashcam sit in the right position for it to "bite". I had similar trouble when playing it new, especially once the base has been glued to the windscreen it is hard to align the trunk right into the bracket ring (because you can't look at it easily for alignment - the tube itself should slide in nicely, but it did not seem to obey that law of nature in reality - probably it is due to my clumsiness).

See if this helps. Otherwise you may have to take it back to seller. Or other members in this forum might offer some other ideas.

@cookoo
Thanks for the comments.
Yes, when I am removing the dashcam, I am pressing down the lock button to lift up the latch in the tube and to 'unlock' the body

With body removed, I can see the latch moving up and down in the tube when I press and depress the lock button.
However, there is no need to push hard and keeping lock buton pressed when inserting the body back. It just slides in easily and 'locks' in its place. There is obviously no space left to move any forward
I have tried inserting it, however, with lock button pressed (as you have advised) - this makes no difference. Body locks when I depress the button, can't be removed, rotates with clicks.
But, it is still loose in the mount ring anyway, maybe latch is not releasing completely or there is a problem with a latch spring.

Anyway, I have contacted the distributor already and they have advised that they would provide a replacement mount bracket for me.

Meanwhile, just to re-confirm - dear owners of Blackvue dashcams (with the ring front mount) -
could you please confirm that once your dashcam is clicked-in the mount - it is siting tight and does not stagger in the mount when you try to sway/shake it with a hand?

Last edited:
I can confirm that mine is rock-solid. It takes a fair amount of pressure to pull it out and push it into the ring (even with the button pressed). Very tight fit.
I wonder if your ring got cracked at some point, perhaps in a spot that's not obviously visible to you. Hopefully the replacement bracket will do the trick.

Brad.

I have noticed there is some variance in the mounts. Some are a bit tighter than others, to the extent that it's very difficult to even get the camera into the mount. I haven't really seen any actually wiggle like yours though.

Perhaps see if your vendor can get a new mount out to you, otherwise it'd be a ghetto fix but I wonder if putting some tape over the camera body at the very end closer to the WiFi button side would help.

it'd be a ghetto fix but I wonder if putting some tape over the camera body at the very end closer to the WiFi button side would help.
This is exactly what I did as an interim fix (while I'm waiting for a mount replacement to arrive)
I am really surprised to see such an issue for a $300+ dashcam :) and to notice that famous manufacturer seems to have a stupid QC issue (as I have seen couple of similar reports before and your comment above also confirms that BV should consider improving QC).

But I really like and need cloud service and live view (and I know that I'll be using it), so it seems there is no other choice.
My wife is not an expericenced driver (yet) and I was accomopaning her to help and support every time she was driving. Now she is almost ready to take her first rides without me sitting on a passenger seat. :)
But I can still connect via mobile from almost anywhere while she is driving and even chat with her! This is amazing, at least first couple of tests are really promising.
PMP, WiFi LTE hotspot with unlimited data subscription - all installed :)

Otherwise I would have choosen VIOFO 119 (or SG9665GC) as both are having better recoding quality (esp. at night) and are cheaper (and 119 is MUCH cheaper)

Last edited:
Well, I am pretty sure I have tried everything. Dashcam is definitely clicks into her place. But it is still not sitting tight. And this could be an issue on some bumpy roads and on some diesels where vibration is sensible on the windshield..
I have now recorded my own video.

Is it normal?
I have put a small piece of tape on the dashcam, it sits now tight, but it is really hard to click it in and remove in this case....

My new 650S does exactly the same thing..... moves up and down just like yours.... I was heading on an 8,000 KM trip, so I just jammed a sharpened toothpick in between the camera and mount..... Worked for me, but pretty sloppy QC from BlackVue....!!

I have received the replacement mount ring.... it is even worse!
I'm disappointed, though not sure if I'll pursue with reporting this to HQ....
However it seems that if you need live view type of feature, there is no other choice...
BTW, I have just got the dual-channel 650S-2CH .... and it's the same! A little better, but still will require a tiny piece of tape to fix front camera tight in its mount.

Toothpick still there... and it's working great.. no wiggly camera..!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR650S 12
shimon10121 DR650S 15
shimon10121 DR650S 11
Back