new ThiEYE T5e firmware update

The last firmware, you can download at http://www.thieye.com/support.html and is Version No. : TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 Release Time: 2017/07/06. Try first to install via sd card (think is more easy for me). You can always do it later via computer (but if you decide to do it, ask because the way to do it, do not explain it well in the PDF of Thieye, at least I think so.)

You are right, not even cut and paste, two contacts or three a day and the answer is automatic, neither cut nor paste, "thank you for your feedback". Neither through paypal, the "financial department" answers, I am forced to raise the case to paypal.
Better hurry. PayPal said "Sorry, order is over 30 days" and did nothing. Oh yes, same answers possibly computer auto-generated, I have pages and pages of it from my GearBest "Tickets"

Today I upgrade new version TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 on my T5e. Installation by directUSB is good but could not turn off Thieye when finish (anybody can?). Quick test: This version is bad: look like 4K is out of focus; 1920x1080 120 fps is totally blurry. 60 & 30 fps is a little bit better but may not be the same with old version. I will install the old version and test more. Anybody test the new version?

The last firmware, you can download at http://www.thieye.com/support.html and is Version No. : TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 Release Time: 2017/07/06. Try first to install via sd card (think is more easy for me). You can always do it later via computer (but if you decide to do it, ask because the way to do it, do not explain it well in the PDF of Thieye, at least I think so.)
The DirectUSB is for cams that have crashed or locked the firmware. SDcard is for cams that work properly, retain your settings for example, you have set FHD60, EIS ON, 2x LED's on etc and cam keeps your settings. If f/w crashed it will revert to whatever the settings were when it crashed every time you Power ON.

The DirectUSB is for cams that have crashed or locked the firmware. SDcard is for cams that work properly, retain your settings for example, you have set FHD60, EIS ON, 2x LED's on etc and cam keeps your settings. If f/w crashed it will revert to whatever the settings were when it crashed every time you Power ON.

Thanks @Aussie Kev

Is necessary to do anything in the settings before update via sdcard.

Thanks @Aussie Kev

Is necessary to do anything in the settings before update via sdcard.
No nothing in the settings. Format the SD card so it is blank and simply copy the firmware BIN file to the root directory of the SD card (preferably format and copy using a SD card reader via PC though can use "format" option in cam then copy via USB from PC then Power OFF)
Insert card and Power ON, the blue light will flash for a while then stop and possibly the cam will boot to normal. Format the card to delete the f/w file immediately.
EDIT Go to "Version" to check new firmware loaded. :)

Well the camera returned last Friday to China: It was offered first 20 and later 30 USD for staying a paperweight. Most pay the ports and give me back, until the 45 days, the market value (we'll see which it finally is, I'll tell you.). Finally, I have asked Amazon, much more expensive (in my case 99 vs. 169€) but arrives fast (before my holiday) and more guarantee, at least to date. Bad experience with Gearbest and before with Banggood. I won't recommend them, I'm (not) sorry.

thieye t5 image get blurrier as camera heats up https://ibb.co/bHeaLQ not sure if it happened before firmware 062817 and no idea if all action cam have the same problem (these are snapshots from the same video at different moments in time, temperature is degree F -outside temp on the top of the screen).

thieye t5 image get blurrier as camera heats up https://ibb.co/bHeaLQ not sure if it happened before firmware 062817 and no idea if all action cam have the same problem (these are snapshots from the same video at different moments in time, temperature is degree F -outside temp on the top of the screen).
I have read that the heatsink paste is poorly spread on Amba A12S chip and overheating will be worse. May be your problem. Of course this means dismantling the cam and doing it properly and obviously not easy. Poor assembly at manufacturer ... again.

I have read that the heatsink paste is poorly spread on Amba A12S chip and overheating will be worse. May be your problem. Of course this means dismantling the cam and doing it properly and obviously not easy. Poor assembly at manufacturer ... again.
i believe t5 is not the same camera to have the problem, i remember the gear360 2016 had a similar problem (different sensor and different video chip) : the only 2 possible explanation i can think of : 1/ as the sensor gets hotter the image gets noisier and the video chip that has a noise removal algorithm must blurrs the image more and more in order to get the same level of noise in output or 2/ the heat deforms the lens holding structure and the image gets out of focus hence the bluriness. if someone knows the explanation please share.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my ThiEYE T5e Ext MIC, FW TI/UN7-170401-V5.0

Big screen - T5e, small screen on top -TrendVision 718GP.
At start T5e looks good, but at the end of the video T5e is much blurrier.

there is a new firmware which in the changelog it fix wifi... i don't know the other changes but it seems working find on my t5e w/ mic...

SO92-T5_TI_UN7-170821-V5.0_20170821_1146.elf

I tried TI/UN7-170821-V5.0 today and I cannot pair the bluetooth remote.

Does anyone have the same problem?

How can I downgrade?

P.S. How do I know if I have the ext mic version? Is the hole under the usb/hdmi/sdcard a proper indication that I have the external mic version?

Yes... If ur t5e has a hole under hdmi usb sdcard port then u have the t5e with mic... And you need to use the firmware with mic... I havent tested the bluetooth yet... Mine not yet arrived...

The thing is the remote was working with the version the camera had when it arrived from gearbest. And then I updated it and it stopped working.

Michael, would love it if you reported what firmware your cam came in with (when it comes), and if the remote works well. Thanks in advance.

0628 my camera firmware when it came... Upgraded it to 0821... But i dont have bluetooth remote yet to test...

I have updated my t5e three days ago. And now It's impossible to save at 1920x1080 120P 16:9 the videos has green band.
When I play this videos on computer, has a green band.
The other resolution don't problem. (It's so strange)

I have updated my t5e three days ago. And now It's impossible to save at 1920x1080 120P 16:9 the videos has green band.
When I play this videos on computer, has a green band.
The other resolution don't problem. (It's so strange)
Odd? Though not used 120fps. Did you use September F/W upgrade TI/UN7-170908-V5.0 here http://www.thieye.com/support.html or a previous version?
Not tried yet, wonder if it supports Time and Date save after battery removed?

Last edited:
Today I update my thieye with last firmware
TI/UN7-170908-V5.0 and the film with 1080 120fps is anormal, has green band.

I posted my review on here a good while ago but hadn't risked updating the FW. Good camera (I thought) great video, sharp lens (but then you find rubbish FW.) Today someone posted on my YouTube review saying that timelapse is greyed out. ie doesn't work. I thought, maybe I will update. Mine is on TI/UN5 - 170112 - v5.0 which does give good video results. Did some research and it appears update by usb is the safest way. Downloaded latest FW
Version No. :TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 Release Time: 2017/07/10. Tried to install the DirectUSB-2.2.28.0-Setup. exe and guess what? Won't install in Win 8.1 I'll leave it I think. As I said in my post months ago didn't want to brick the camera. Why can't ThiEYE get their act together and make the product reliable before releasing to the market for market testing? I recommended this camera to 100,000 people of flying forums :(

Has anyone had success upating from my version to TI/UN7-170628-V5.0 using the usual microcard method?

Back