Adorama has the WR1 for $69+FS but is on backorder.

Received mine earlier this wee but haven't had a chance to set it up (will do that this weekend).

It came earlier than I thought, so proper kudos to Adorama for shipping and honoring their initial sale price.

Hopefully your setup goes better than mine. Could pair to wifi no problem (solid green led), but the viofo app just constantly triggers a blinking 'wait' screen but never finishes. The FN app says it's recording right after it's connected and you can't change any settings (all while the cam is annoyingly beeping at me nonstop with the flashing red led for minutes on end). I don't have an sdcard reader to run the viofo format app on my computer so I ordered a usb reader to try to format it that way (if that's even the problem). $69 is too much to run an alpha product on Viofo's behalf, but I'll stick it out and hope the computer format works before sending this back and buying something else.

Hopefully your setup goes better than mine. Could pair to wifi no problem (solid green led), but the viofo app just constantly triggers a blinking 'wait' screen but never finishes. The FN app says it's recording right after it's connected and you can't change any settings (all while the cam is annoyingly beeping at me nonstop with the flashing red led for minutes on end). I don't have an sdcard reader to run the viofo format app on my computer so I ordered a usb reader to try to format it that way (if that's even the problem). $69 is too much to run an alpha product on Viofo's behalf, but I'll stick it out and hope the computer format works before sending this back and buying something else.

what size card are you using?

That's why it's beeping and not getting anywhere, card needs to be formatted FAT32 before it will work, it will be exFAT still

Hopefully that's it. It's a brand new micro SD card. Not sure why the cam/viofo app can't format it directly - had to buy a $10 USB adapter and download the viofo format program. No way a typical consumer would go through this. I mean, the included instructions didn't even have the 12345678 wifi password listed that I had to find on this board. Should have just bought a street guardian cam :)

Once you can format the card you should be good to go, app connection will probably be ok once you have that sorted also

So, ultimately, I had to reformat the card as exFAT first through windows explorer because the fat32 program gave an error that the card was locked/running some process and wouldn't format directly from the program. Once my Lexar 64GB was formatted as fat32 everything worked fine and the camera was able to connect to the app and record. I also updated to the 1.01 firmware without issue. So, that mini-headache is removed. I still think it's a big issue that the cam can't reliably format the card itself (like a cell phone does), but that is in the past now.

Any word on when adorama will be receiving more stock? I've been getting the same repeated, automated email saying the camera is on backorder. Some have received their order while others like myself have been waiting for over a month. Can anyone shed some light? TIA!!

Any word on when adorama will be receiving more stock? I've been getting the same repeated, automated email saying the camera is on backorder. Some have received their order while others like myself have been waiting for over a month. Can anyone shed some light? TIA!!
You can contact them directly on this forum!

Thank you! Is there anyone in particular I should contact?
They have CS on this forum,you can PM them directly for help! Or you can PM Viofo for help also!

Thanks everyone. I sent Helen an email this morning.

Quick update. Helen responded almost immediately to my email saying adorama should be getting more stock of the wr1 within the next two weeks. The very next day (09/06) my PayPal account was charged the original $69 and I received notification that my order is preparing for shipment with a tracking number. Woohoo!

Thanks everyone for suggesting to contact Helen directly and I also wanted to thank Helen for getting back to me so quickly and making sure my order was processed.

Well, as a non-commerce savvy user, I have learnt a thing or three after having gone through the 10 pages of this thread.

As a consumer I know companies live or die over the quality of their product, backup facilities and cost.

Much was made about cost differences. Ignoring the why’s and wherefore’s, what a company decides to advertise an item for is their business (literally) and it’s for the public to choose who to purchase from. If the public order at one advertised price and subsequently are told it’s higher, then the buyers can cancel the order if they’re not prepared to pay the higher price. Inconvenient certainly, but nobody loses any money.

I don’t have money to burn and I suggest that anyone buying a dashcam isn’t going to be on the breadline. A dashcam isn’t normally seen as a critical item, it’s more of a lifestyle choice.

Call me monetarily irresponsible if you will, but when it comes to buying stuff, I’m not about to quibble over $11 (even at our lousy exchange rate)….and please don’t mention principles.

...Call me monetarily irresponsible if you will, but when it comes to buying stuff, I’m not about to quibble over $11 (even at our lousy exchange rate)….and please don’t mention principles.
It's not irresponsible - it's just assigning value to your time that you may waste/spend in saving a few dollars, or pounds, or Euros, or rupees, etc.

I know people that will shop and haggle for weeks when buying a new car trying to save $100 or so on something they plan on owning for 1o years. Ask these same people to work for you for weeks, or days, or even hours, for that same $100 and they look at you like you're crazy. They totally fail to see it's the same thing.

Call me monetarily irresponsible if you will, but when it comes to buying stuff, I’m not about to quibble over $11 (even at our lousy exchange rate)

I don't quite understand your calculation of $11.00. The difference between the original Adorama offer at $69.00 USD and $99.00 is $30.00. That's a 30% discount.

Maybe you can throw your money around with abandon but to many a $30 savings means they can afford a good quality memory card and still keep the price below $100.00.

You know this whole accusatory kefuffle over Adorama's initial $69.00 pricing for the WR1 is misguided and off target. The reason I say that is that as soon as I heard about the WR1 I went over to the FoxOffer web site where the WR1 was initially listed at $80.00. For Adorama to list it initially for about 10 dollars less is completely within the normal level of pricing you might ordinarily see from them. Not long after I saw it on FoxOffer, I went back thinking I might buy one from them but the price had now jumped to 99 dollars. I think maybe Viofo was trying to decide what price to ultimately offer the product for or something like that. For people who don't know FoxOffer and Viofo share an intimate relationship. Maybe Adorama's initial pricing was based on a different cost basis than they were ultimately provided?

Perhaps Viofo or FoxOffer might enlighten us about this?

I was referring to your comment above.

I agree that if you're able to make a $30 saving than I would obviously consider that a saving worth something.

I was referring to your comment above.

I agree that if you're able to make a $30 saving than I would obviously consider that a saving worth something.

Ah, I see. I didn't get your reference as nobody, including especially Viofo responded to my little "factoid" regarding the original $80.00 price offered by the manufacturer's retail sales division. Virtually all the rest of the discussion here revolved around Adorama's original $69.00 discount price and whether or not they would honor it, which of course, they did.

Back