Watch this guy,please

Nice scenery. Looks to me like the guy who moved over wanted to have a look at you. Keep on keeping on. :)

First he stays in faster lane and block me to overtake him and drive slow and then when I was overtaking him,he increase his speed only to show me that he can go faster doing that he was showing me something with his hands and even open his window when he was paralel with me to argue or something. Pure nutcase IMHO.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

You know what annoys me more than people staying in the left-side lane, regardless of no cars in the inner-lane? People that flashes without any reason. If the sign says 130km/h - it means you MAY and CAN drive at that speed, not that you should.

Chill the F down, don't flash people, because if you do, they might just think you're a morron and slow down to annoy YOU, because you annoy THEM.

You know what annoys me more than people staying in the left-side lane, regardless of no cars in the inner-lane? People that flashes without any reason. If the sign says 130km/h - it means you MAY and CAN drive at that speed, not that you should.

Chill the F down, don't flash people, because if you do, they might just think you're a morron and slow down to annoy YOU, because you annoy THEM.
But he's suppose to be aware of other participants in traffic and not bother-annoy them. What's he doing in left-side lane driving so slow when right-side lane is empty. How can I show him that I have intention to pass unless I flash or use horn to him?

I will counter to say what does the impeding driver know about what is the reason to vacate the lane? Or even care?

Very nice to state that the speed limit is thus and so, but what if there is some urgency to the other traveler for reasons not obvious to the impeding driver?

Any number of reasons come to mind. Medical emergency comes to mind first.

I thought rule of the road is not to obstruct your fellow travelers.

Skippy

I will counter to say what does the impeding driver know about what is the reason to vacate the lane? Or even care?

Very nice to state that the speed limit is thus and so, but what if there is some urgency to the other traveler for reasons not obvious to the impeding driver?

Any number of reasons come to mind. Medical emergency comes to mind first.

I thought rule of the road is not to obstruct your fellow travelers.

Skippy
Obviously i can not speak for the trafficrules in Serbia, but i won't be surprised if they corresponds to the common rules of traffic in Denmark..

If you're are in an emergency and have to travel faster than the legal max road speed, there's certain rules you have to obey to do so.
In Denmark, we have the option to do so, IF and WHEN life(s) are at risc, woman going into labor or even gunshots, yeah... you name it.

However, one does not get to ride as craaaaazy as they wan't just because the want to.
We need to inform the police or Emergency Response Central at first, giving instructions on what route to take, destination and the cars numberplate.
Then we need to SIGNAL to all other trafficants that this is an emergency and that's done by a white piece of cloth on your mirror or out the side window and your emergency lights / hazard lights blinking on throughout the entire drive.

For normal driving purposes actually, in Denmark, we have what's called a "1000 meter rule".
It means that if you choose to overtake the car in the rightside lane, you have to do so within a 1000 meter distance. Most people are unaware of this rule of law, but nonetheless it's valid and police can ticket you for not turning into the rightside lane after overtaking, when the distance goes beyond the 1000 meters.

Yes, he stays on the left side for some time, but nonetheless does make a lane-switch and even indicates it.
So, please tell me again, is the lives of other people meaningless to you, because you need to go faster and can't even bother to wait for a second or 2, for the person in front to get into the rightside lane?

Obviously i can not speak for the trafficrules in Serbia, but i won't be surprised if they corresponds to the common rules of traffic in Denmark..

If you're are in an emergency and have to travel faster than the legal max road speed, there's certain rules you have to obey to do so.
In Denmark, we have the option to do so, IF and WHEN life(s) are at risc, woman going into labor or even gunshots, yeah... you name it.

However, one does not get to ride as craaaaazy as they wan't just because the want to.
We need to inform the police or Emergency Response Central at first, giving instructions on what route to take, destination and the cars numberplate.
Then we need to SIGNAL to all other trafficants that this is an emergency and that's done by a white piece of cloth on your mirror or out the side window and your emergency lights / hazard lights blinking on throughout the entire drive.

For normal driving purposes actually, in Denmark, we have what's called a "1000 meter rule".
It means that if you choose to overtake the car in the rightside lane, you have to do so within a 1000 meter distance. Most people are unaware of this rule of law, but nonetheless it's valid and police can ticket you for not turning into the rightside lane after overtaking, when the distance goes beyond the 1000 meters.

Yes, he stays on the left side for some time, but nonetheless does make a lane-switch and even indicates it.
So, please tell me again, is the lives of other people meaningless to you, because you need to go faster and can't even bother to wait for a second or 2, for the person in front to get into the rightside lane?
Never heard about 1000 meter rule. When I was in driving school and being a candidate on a truck for a C category driver,my instructor teaches me that I must see car I overtake in my right side rearview mirror and judge the distance from it and then turn to right side lane. For cars is the same rule (no any specific meter rule that I am aware of ) except in car you have inside rearview mirror and right side mirror and we must turn back into right side lane after overtaking in shortest time as possible. I was in no hurry but he was driving under the speed limit and occupy right side lane for no specific reason. The left side lane here exist for only one reason,which is to overtake a slower vehicles (trucks,buses, and drivers which just drive slow in any reason ) so he had to move to right side lane even sooner in this case ( immediately after exiting tunnel,just because its free of vehicles or to increase his speed and stop obstructing traffic), I was driving,maybe,little over a speed limit bit that doesnt mean I was maniac, or some road rage driver. If he wasnt annoying me with his slow driving in the wrong lane I would flashing or honking to him. Imagine he was driving on the freeway in left lane slow like this and not turning right back in right side lane,its the same situation. If his driving a slower old vehicle and cant overtake fast I wouldnt flashing him at all,but he showed me that he can drive much faster (even faster than I ), and beside that he's driving slow for some reason.
And NO,other lives aren't meaningless to me,and it wasnt 1-2 seconds, God knows how much time or distance I would have to drive behind him until he noticed me and moves over. My opinion is that most of drivers would do the same like I was,and I dont see I did nothing wrong here. He has to learn how to drive and participates in traffic (in which he's not alone) without obstructing others.

Last edited:

I believe your original post had nothing concerning 'waiting for a second or two for the person in front to get into the rightside lane?'.

Interesting that that you now decide to qualify your previous comment with your version of legalities.

Skippy

I believe your original post had nothing concerning 'waiting for a second or two for the person in front to get into the rightside lane?'.

Interesting that that you now decide to qualify your previous comment with your version of legalities.

Skippy
Interesting how ignorant people are and by all means, decides that they are supposed to drive as if their lives depended on it..

Well, let's take this example of "flashing other cars to move over" to the decimals, then...

Flashing your headlights in Denmark is illegal for several reasons. Like honking...
It should ONLY be used to indicate and make awareness of and to other drivers or people in immediate danger of something. Like a man walking out into traffic etc.
It's not a purpose of showing that you wan't to "get by, and now i have to move over" - compare that to a sticker "Move OVER >>>> " on your windscreen in inverse writing, for the one infront of you to see in their rear view mirror.

I'm not aware of the road rules i Michigan, however, in Germany this habbit of flashing your lights on the freeway (without any speedlimits) is perfectly legal, if it's done in the furthest out lane, and the lanes to the right are not occupied by traffic. If they are, you'd have to wait - and slow down.

Really this comes down to logic.
Did an emergency arise, or did you just have to pass, because you had to pass?

How can I show him that I have intention to pass unless I flash or use horn to him?
Maybe you could try those things WITHOUT threatening to drive into the back of him? Especially in the rain on a not particularly safe road.
So he was a bit slow pulling over. And slow doing the overtake too. So what? It isn't a race track, you should show at least some patience.
Maybe he tried a dick move afterwards, and was thwarted by the car that joined from the slip road. But I think you were at fault first. It's not your road. You don't have priority over everyone else.
You started flashing maybe two seconds after it was safe for him to pull over. Is being obstructed that long really such a hardship?

Interesting how ignorant people are and by all means, decides that they are supposed to drive as if their lives depended on it..

Well, let's take this example of "flashing other cars to move over" to the decimals, then...

Flashing your headlights in Denmark is illegal for several reasons. Like honking...
It should ONLY be used to indicate and make awareness of and to other drivers or people in immediate danger of something. Like a man walking out into traffic etc.
It's not a purpose of showing that you wan't to "get by, and now i have to move over" - compare that to a sticker "Move OVER >>>> " on your windscreen in inverse writing, for the one infront of you to see in their rear view mirror.

I'm not aware of the road rules i Michigan, however, in Germany this habbit of flashing your lights on the freeway (without any speedlimits) is perfectly legal, if it's done in the furthest out lane, and the lanes to the right are not occupied by traffic. If they are, you'd have to wait - and slow down.

Really this comes down to logic.
Did an emergency arise, or did you just have to pass, because you had to pass?
Luckily I wasnt driving in Denmark,because if flashing like this I would be breaking law.
No emergency I just wanted to pass and he was blocking lane for overtaking for no reason at all exepct being so selfish and not aware of other car behind him and driving his drive like his alone in the road and not bothering no one,excuse me but that is here called "obstructing of traffic" especially if there were few vehicles behind him. I couldnt think of any other reason for him to block the passing lane except him being distracted by something in his car or whatever and that way he obstruct traffic conduction ( flow ). Thats not allowed here and this way I was driving is usual and normal here in Serbia.

Maybe you could try those things WITHOUT threatening to drive into the back of him? Especially in the rain on a not particularly safe road.
So he was a bit slow pulling over. And slow doing the overtake too. So what? It isn't a race track, you should show at least some patience.
Maybe he tried a dick move afterwards, and was thwarted by the car that joined from the slip road. But I think you were at fault first. It's not your road. You don't have priority over everyone else.
You started flashing maybe two seconds after it was safe for him to pull over. Is being obstructed that long really such a hardship?
I dont agree with you. Its not my road...OK, but also not his either. I don't think I have any priority over anyone else.
About flashing,maybe I was start flashing earlier tha I should but look at the distance when I was parallel with vehicle which we both overtake,in that moment distance between overtaken vehicle and vehicle in front of me was safe distance for him to him to get back in right side lane without any danger or slowing the vehicle he overtaked before.
None of this happened if he was driving faster or move to right side lane in time which he had enough IMO.

I wish we had landscapes like that here, but its like living on a pancake here

"Flashing your headlights in Denmark is illegal for several reasons. Like honking..."

Flashing is allowed in Serbia, actually often people flash one-two times to the car in front of them before start overtaking, flashing other drivers for something dangerous on the road (rocks,crashes..etc), we flashing to warn incoming drivers they are driving toward a Police patrol,radar. We use honking before big curves when no visibility of incoming traffic on narrow roads, we honk to "say hello" or flashing someone we know. Honking is only not allowed in night time.

Last edited:
First he stays in faster lane and block me to overtake him and drive slow and then when I was overtaking him,he increase his speed only to show me that he can go faster doing that he was showing me something with his hands and even open his window when he was paralel with me to argue or something. Pure nutcase IMHO.

They're just a moron grenade waiting to be set off by whoever they get annoyed by :( Almost everywhere, the inside lane is for passing and faster traffic, and the outside lane(s) are for traveling until you need to pass. Yet this simple concept is beyond some drivers ability to understand- or they simply don't care about anyone other than themselves :mad: Either way they are a poor driver and should be treated as an imminent danger since you know they cannot drive properly. I can't say about the flashing more than with this kinds of driver I wouldn't do that as that may set off their anger :eek: They have to be aware of you being back there after a few moments as they see you in their mirror, and if they intend to get over they will. If they don;t get over I simply pass them on the outside, not racing around them but just by gradually increasing my speed to allow them to understand my intentions. Legal or not this is the safest way to handle these morons and I place safety over legality :)

Some people do this kind of thing as can attempt to get other drivers to slow down when they think that nobody should be going faster than they are going. While it is perfectly OK to have that belief, it is not your job to regulate traffic- your job is to drive your own vehicle safely and to not hinder or endanger anyone else. You cannot drive anyone elses's car when you're driving your own so simply let the other's go. If they crash due to excessive speed that is not your problem, and if they are going to do that it's better to have them well in front of you when that happens so you will see them and avoid the danger that creates :cool: Here again is a simple and easy to understand concept which those drivers do not get. They are simply not intelligent enough to be driving :oops:

I sometimes mention the "FIDO principle"- Forget It, Drive On. Yes there are idiots like this on the road. Yes they are annoying. Yes they are breaking the law and the rules of the road. None of that matters when you remember that your only job is to drive your own vehicle safely. Letting them aggravate you does you no good and does not help you drive safely. Let the fools do themselves in on their own; they will certainly do that in time. Hopefully they won's harm anyone else in that process but you cant control that. Do what your own safety requires because that is really all that you can do- you cannot make others be safe or smart so there's no point in trying :whistle:

Phil

Back