In the UK you can get a sticker with your plate, that only work here with temporary plates you can only use for a day or so to drive a roadworthy car to a garage or some TAX stuff for imports.

I do hate cars like some Alfas where due to the design of the front the plate have to be offset to one side, that just mess so much with my mind, and i am not crazy,,, my mother had me tested.

...some states don't understand the concept of needing contrasting colors between the art and the numbers. Georgia had some especially bad ones when I was there a few weeks ago. And about 10 years ago Texas had some bad ones too.....
Michigan has a history of some really bad plates.

Back in 1968 this had to be one of the ugliest color combinations ever:

greenplate.jpg

In 1970 they fixed that but there was so little contrast that just a couple days worth of road grime made it almost impossible to read a plate:

yellowplate.jpg

Fortunately by 1976 they seem to have gotten it right and this plate won the award for Best Bi-Centennial Plate (1776-1976) - it's still in fairly high demand by those who collect plates:

RWBplate.jpg

I can relate to Sheldon on a number of levels :D
Sadly overall intelligence and eidetic memory are not some of those :(

I can relate to Sheldon on a number of levels :D
Sadly overall intelligence and eidetic memory are not some of those :(
A bit of an interesting story about Sheldon. When they were doing the casting for the show Johnny Galecki was originally considered for the Sheldon role but felt he was better suited to play Leonard. That forced the producers to consider other actors to play Sheldon and the rest, as they say, is history.

Makes me wonder how successful the show would have been without Jim Parsons in the role.

I saw a movie yesterday with Leonard in it, or rather just a fraction of a movie as i was "working" on the computer.
Also saw fractions of a movie some time ago with Jim Parsons, something about the hayday of the Aids thing in the 80ties.

By now they are all quintessential nerds,,,,, even Howard though he are just a engineer. :p

Penny and Bernadette i can relate to,,, or rather would like to have relations with,,,,, adult ones :love: though Bernadette are lower than the belt that keep my pants on :D

Damn Alex for dropping those teasers :D make the wait almost unbearable

Gee, that's a good way to get preferential treatment buying an ozzie dashcam. lol.
Plate wasn't green and gold, more like dirty lime green and squash yellow. (I actually had to Google Australia's national colors to figure out what you were referring to - good day 'cause I learned something.) (y)

definitely stainless steel.

Although i've started to look at the induction pans lately.. they're pricey, but I wonder if they have any significant pros over today's stainless pots and pans.

Go for cast iron if you can afford it. http://thesweethome.com/leaderboard/cookware/

i wish she didnt say anything, let the cops come and arrest them after she shows the police the footage.

They were arrested later at their homes. The license plate is censored on purpose (i.e. it isn't just that the camera is blurry).

That is not a good example. We don't know if it was staged or not but in the event it was a real situation, who knows what would've happened if she kept quiet about the cameras. She was alone against 2 guys, she didn't know what their intentions were, she had the whole situation and the face of the guy in grey on "tape"... The camera was her best defense, naturally she had to use it. I very much doubt the low-life scummer (yeah, it's not a typo, it's an intentional "mistake") had any insurance to make a claim against her.

It was not staged, but I would not have exited my vehicle if something like this happened. I would have locked the doors immediately, gotten the license plate #, pulled off to the shoulder and called 911. With that said, it would be very different if they pulled out a gun...

...With that said, it would be very different if they pulled out a gun...
If it were me and they pulled a gun then they would have a legitimate claim that I ran their a$$ over - maybe more than once. ;)

As an old friend who was a Judge told me, if you see a problem ahead of time it's best to simply avoid it, even when the law does not require you to do that ;) It's fairly easy to spot the types who are likely to have a weapon and to use it, thus you can almost always avoid them :D

I do not like or enjoy any form of fighting, and I make every effort to avoid that. But if I am forced into it best to remember that I have a history of surviving no matter what and I intend to keep it that way no matter what that takes :cool: Why did I run over them twice? Because I wasn't sure that I killed them the first time around :p :ROFLMAO: :whistle:

Phil

...Why did I run over them twice? Because I wasn't sure that I killed them the first time around...
A lawyer acquaintance once told me that wrongful death monetary settlements are usually much less than a lifetime of medical care, living expenses, loss of income, and pain and suffering - he's the expert in these matters, so be considerate of your insurance company. :angelic: ;)

Can this thread not stay on topic?

Surely this thread should be solely for discussion/vids/questions/announcements about the imminent release of the DC, not for idle chat about random stuff. There is a general chat section for that. It's a pain in the a** scrolling through endless posts which aren't related to SG products just to try and find info....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millennial much? When it actually gets released I'm sure there will be a new thread about it. Until then, relax, enjoy AND learn from the very intelligent, if off topic, posts here.

I'll admit I thought Canadians had it great with their "free" insurance, until I read stuff here.

I got me an edukashun reading this thread.

also reading someone recently the USA was not allowed to have GPS devices until the year 2000?? is that true?? if so why??

also reading someone recently the USA was not allowed to have GPS devices until the year 2000?? is that true?? if so why??

I'm not sure that's accurate ( remember renting cars that had GPS before then) but probably had something to do with gov being scared they could integrate GPS with guided missiles etc. (or some other military related thing)

Back