VW CC (2014) fusebox question for hardwire

cjc1706

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing a thinkware F770 into a VW CC 2014, but I'm not sure which fuses to use. I'm wanting to use the parking feature of the camera, so I need to identify a fuse that is a constant live and also a fuse that only activates when the ignition is turned on.

Does anyone have any experience of which fuse to use on a VW cc? I've attached a picture of the fuse box.

Thanks

ChrisVWCC_Fusebox.jpg

Hi,

I'm installing a thinkware F770 into a VW CC 2014, but I'm not sure which fuses to use. I'm wanting to use the parking feature of the camera, so I need to identify a fuse that is a constant live and also a fuse that only activates when the ignition is turned on.

Does anyone have any experience of which fuse to use on a VW cc? I've attached a picture of the fuse box.

Thanks

ChrisView attachment 32671
From looking at the VW owners manual I find this

Due to ongoing development of the vehicle, configuration-dependent allocation of fuses and the combined fuse protection of multiple loads with one fuse, an up-to-date overview of the fuse location per load is not possible at the time of printing. Detailed information regarding fuse box layout is available from authorized Volkswagen dealers and authorized Volkswagen Service Facilities.

In general, one fuse can protect several loads. One load can also be protected by several fuses.

Find out why the fuse blew and correct the problem before replacing a blown fuse. If a newly replaced
fuse blows again after a short time, the electrical system should be checked by an authorized Volkswagen dealer or an authorized Volkswagen Service Facility

Looks like it could be a challenge

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Check the backside of the fusebox cover, the plate you took off to get in to the fusebox... There's a diagram of the fuses and which serves what purpose.

I used my 12v socket fuse for constant and Wiper System for the ACC. Not sure the same applies to your care.

Thanks for your replies guys. I've seen the very (un)helpful message in the owners manual about not having a diagram available.

I also checked on the inside cover of the panel I removed to get access to the fuse box, however they haven't provided a diagram there either.

It seems like it's going to be a bit of a pain to figure this out.

@jeez123, would you mind taking a picture of your fuse box and showing me which fuses you used? It would be greatly appreciated, especially as VW haven't provided me much information in the manuals / fuse box cover.

Thanks

Chris

Yeah sure you can see that.

But you might need to go grab a multimeter and measure on the fuses to see which are constant and ACC. My fusebox differs from yours so it wouldn't be of any help nonetheless, because you haven't got the diagram of the fuseblock itself.

Last edited:
Do you have a multimeter handy? Mini type Fuse Locations' #3, #6, and #11 look like they're fusible, you just have to check whether they are constant power or ACC. It also looks like you have three ATO fusible locations; one between the 20A fuses, and another two on either side of the 15A fuse. I'd start with getting a reading from those to see if they offer the power output you need.

Back