Testing the new SG9665XS

must be a problem with that card reader, we don't get too many of those that give problems but it does happen occasionally

Beta 3 firmware. Daytime drive, sunny but with some clouds. WITH AUDIO! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Beta 3 firmware. Night time drive, from dark to poorly, moderately and well lit. WITH AUDIO! :rolleyes:

I have to be honest: this video looks much better on YT than the original MOV file. :eek:
Still the issues can be clearly seen.

Last edited:
Quoted from a different thread:
Right now the firmware for each is essentially the same other than settings related to the different image sensor they use, if there are any bugs that are found we'll get any fixes applied to the V1 firmware, if we do further feature development that may not necessarily apply to both versions, depends on what we do to some extent though, it is a very basic product so does have its limitations
All I want to know, really, is if the long but understandably overdue video quality adjustments for the V1 are ever going to see the light of day.

The V1 XS i am running perform fine, it just sit there and record when it have to.
Mine too but the issue is not that part of the performance.

There are off course the limitations in the hardware used for the V1, but i feel its a great little camera if i bypass such things like the form factor that's not my favorite and so on.
Well, unlike you I don't have any issues with the form factor but I can't bypass the fact that the video quality is not up to par, at least with the firmware that my camera is running now, with what I've seen this hardware do in cameras that came from much less competent developers and manufacturers.
I don't see any of the few users complaining, so either you're ok with the video quality (I'm not), you don't care about it that much (I do) or your cameras have a different firmware or came better tuned from the factory. The overall video quality in mine is useless at the moment. :(

I cant remember but its a beta firmware.

I should probably mention that it is not often i take a close look at the XS footage these days.

Mine too but the issue is not that part of the performance.

Well, unlike you I don't have any issues with the form factor but I can't bypass the fact that the video quality is not up to par, at least with the firmware that my camera is running now, with what I've seen this hardware do in cameras that came from much less competent developers and manufacturers.
I don't see any of the few users complaining, so either you're ok with the video quality (I'm not), you don't care about it that much (I do) or your cameras have a different firmware or came better tuned from the factory. The overall video quality in mine is useless at the moment. :(

there's a limit to what's possible on the V1 hardware, that's part of the reason why there's now a V2 ;)

there's a limit to what's possible on the V1 hardware, that's part of the reason why there's now a V2 ;)
But have you already reached that limit?

But have you already reached that limit?

there's possibly minor gains that could be achieved but not a lot, have had very little in the way of feedback about it also, anything IQ related takes a lot of time and testing and a larger user base to contribute feedback to assess any adjustments

I dove for the XS earlier, just to see and remember that its memory card are now what i use in the SJDASH :oops:

But for the hell of it and as it is actually interesting i will put the XS beside the SJDASH tomorrow and capture some daytime footage where differences in hardware should be less of a issue.

(...) have had very little in the way of feedback about it also, anything IQ related takes a lot of time and testing and a larger user base to contribute feedback to assess any adjustments
So, I guess I'm alone in this "quest". :(

But for the hell of it and as it is actually interesting i will put the XS beside the SJDASH tomorrow and capture some daytime footage where differences in hardware should be less of a issue.
I'll appreciate it if you do.

XS Vs SJDASH up in side by side comparison subforum.

I have seenic drive from both too i will mix 50 /50 and post a little later, right now pizza with a lot of chilli are on my mind as my stomac growl constantly.

So, I guess I'm alone in this "quest". :(
You are not alone. I too pointed out some image quality issues back in Nov-Dec, and have been waiting for the next version since about Feb in hopes they fixed it to better handle red-yellow-green signal lights (always overexposed, look like white spot lights on my XS) and turn down some of the excessive sharpness. Or give us some user controls like sharpness and exposure. Otherwise it has been a reliable camera.

hehe those captchas frustrate the living hell out of me often, cuz either i go momentary dumb and blind and suddenly cant read or write, or they are set up to take a piss on my behalf.

But i fully understand why they are used on some sites, but its like on some sites though i can read whats there just fine, when i fill it in i am wrong.
Some times to a degree it take me several tries over a few days before i get it right finally.

Back