Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Some videos from the latest v2 version.

FW ver. 1.00.09

P.S. - I didn` t had chance to drive in nice sunny day yet (authumn weather here lately). Will update this post with good weather video samples as soon as I will get a chance).

Evening

Night

Cloudy day part 1

Cloudy day part2

It would be nice to see a side by side comparison with the V1. After watching a lot of videos yesterday of the V1 in similar conditions, I don't see much difference between the two.
And let us hear the audio from the camera. Please?

PS: @niko, if you want sunny conditions to test the camera, you know where to find them. ;)

Thanks for that

No problem.
I am still waiting for good sunny day, but it looks like there is no luck this week.

IMG_20170821_102737.jpg

Although a very new member of this forum and quite inexperienced, I would say that there is an improvement in the overall quality. Not a vast one but definitely an existing percent, especially in the night, where everything seems sharper.

Niko, thank you for the videos!

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H960 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's only a release version, will need further analysis before we tweak anything, we look for stability and reliability as first priority with any model we do, features and performance changes come later

Is the lens the same or similar to the one in the V1? The bottom of the picture seems to have the same curvature.

It would be nice to see a side by side comparison with the V1. After watching a lot of videos yesterday of the V1 in similar conditions, I don't see much difference between the two.

UPDATED Just got done driving with my V2. After comparing the two on a bigger screen the V1 takes in maybe a bit wider angle but for all practical purposes about the same. I see a little bit of upper L corner cut off in the V2 but no biggie. Overall image does seem softer and less saturated color on the V2. The V1 I always thought was too sharp! In between would be a nice compromise.

Here are a couple of first samples comparing the two. Not sure why the site reduced the size I uploaded. And time-wise these are a week apart. Unfortunately I have no control over lighting conditions. Eventually I will make some sample recordings same day for a better comparison.

Attachments

• sg-v1and2-2wmtjosey.jpg
    sg-v1and2-2wmtjosey.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 22
  • sg-v1and2-2marsh-6352.jpg
    sg-v1and2-2marsh-6352.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
UPDATED Just got done driving with my V2. After comparing the two on a bigger screen the V1 takes in maybe a bit wider angle but for all practical purposes about the same. I see a little bit of upper L corner cut off in the V2 but no biggie. Overall image does seem softer and less saturated color on the V2. The V1 I always thought was too sharp! In between would be a nice compromise.
I'm starting to think that XS means "eXceSs" and not "eXtra Small". :D

Not sure why the site reduced the size I uploaded.
If you don't choose "Full image" when you attach the image files they'll show up as thumbnails by default.

If you don't choose "Full image" when you attach the image files they'll show up as thumbnails by default.
I didn't choose I just uploaded the files, figuring they would remain the same viewing size when clicked on that I see editing them.

Actually I just clicked on the file name in the thread and the image came up reduced, then moving the mouse over the picture and click to get a larger size. So it's probably operator error. :D
Before uploading I reduced to 50% from the native camera size but they were appearing even smaller.

One of these days it will quit raining and clear out*, and I can get better samples.

*(And I hope those down south of me around the coast who frequent this site are OK. News not looking good.)

Last edited:
I didn't choose I just uploaded the files, figuring they would remain the same viewing size when clicked on that I see editing them.

Actually I just clicked on the file name in the thread and the image came up reduced, then moving the mouse over the picture and click to get a larger size. So it's probably operator error. :D
Before uploading I reduced to 50% from the native camera size but they were appearing even smaller.
Don't worry too much about it, everybody here knows what to do to view an attached picture.

One of these days it will quit raining and clear out*, and I can get better samples.

*(And I hope those down south of me around the coast who frequent this site are OK. News not looking good.)
I've been thinking about @Gibson99 since I saw in the news that Harvey was going to struck Texas and the Houston area. It seems the damages will take years to repair. :(
Hope he's ok.

I've been thinking about @Gibson99 since I saw in the news that Harvey was going to struck Texas and the Houston area. It seems the damages will take years to repair. :(
Hope he's ok.
Thanks. my home and family are ok. My brother in law will probably have some damage at his ground floor apartment in the Woodlands, and we might have a family from church coming to stay with us since they have several feet of water in the ground floor of their 2 story house.

The thing my kids are most upset about is that school was supposed to start today, but they cancelled this entire week. I'll honestly be surprised if all schools are open next Tuesday (Monday is a national holiday).

Good stuff Gibson.

You would never have heard me complain about a extra week of summer break when i was a kid, but i also always talk about that time as the 9.5 year long nightmare.

as parents we're complaining... these kids have gone stir crazy - serious cabin fever. you'd never know we went on a vacation and spent loads of time at the neighborhood pool (which i'm sure is overflowing and has its chemicals all sorts of messed up). our daughter is really looking forward to school since she's now going to be in an advanced class. our son was less excited, but once he met his new kindergarten teacher on thursday, he didn't even want to leave her classroom when it was over. but they're seeing the flooding on tv and hearing all the tornado warnings and flood warnings on our weather radio, so they understand WHY, but that doesn't mean they still don't want to go. and yeah, we're milking their excitement for school for all it's worth!

Reactions: Mtz
@Gibson99 Glad y'all are OK and I hope that continues ;)

Phil

Back