Dual Cam With Medium Budget And USB Power

SteveBeans

Reaction score
Country
United States
I drive for Uber, so I am looking for a good night camera for an interior view. Most cams have decent day/night outdoor cameras, so the interior is more important.

I've done quite a bit of research and here are some notes...

1. Looking to spend upwards of $200
2. USB power is nice because I use a power inverter for the front so I can charge my laptop. It's not a requirement because I do have two cig lighters and can plug the inverter into the rear one but I'm still not a fan of losing my fast charging dual port up front.
3. If a camera still has poor interior quality, can I buy an IR light that helps brighten things up?
4. A 128gb capacity is nice but I'd settle for 64

Thanks for any suggestions

I drive for Uber, so I am looking for a good night camera for an interior view. Most cams have decent day/night outdoor cameras, so the interior is more important.
I have been looking at the Vantrue N2 Pro while I need to do a little more front camera testing (The image quality of my front cam seems a little lower then the videos on Amazon) The rear cam looks really good. I think this would make for a great Uber driver camera.

It comes in at 200, and I have tested a 64GB card in it with no issues.
Here is my on going review
Here is a review of the same camera by member Sunny

I have been looking at the Vantrue N2 Pro while I need to do a little more front camera testing (The image quality of my front cam seems a little lower then the videos on Amazon) The rear cam looks really good. I think this would make for a great Uber driver camera.

It comes in at 200, and I have tested a 64GB card in it with no issues.
Here is my on going review
Here is a review of the same camera by member Sunny

That is actually at the top of my list. I was going to pull the trigger on it this weekend but it was sold out at amazon. I just went to check because of your post and it appears to be back in stock!

I just went to check because of your post and it appears to be back in stock!
That's good. My front cam does not look horrible, but it's a little lower then I expected. Other users videos look good though. I think over all for someone in your situation it is going to be the best one to go for, and if you are not impressed with the front camera that will give you a good excuse to buy a second front only camera.
I have been running three cameras in my car myself
Vico Opita 2 Great front camera
SH800 Good dual cam for front and rear window
Vantrue N2 Pro Decent front good cabin camera, and my car has not blown up yet

Side note - I just noticed that I can get a splitter for my adapter which should still handle my 39W Anker Quick Charge port in addition to the cam. That means the USB power requirement is not a requirement any more!

I am going to check out those other two cameras. How does the setup look in your car? Where are the cameras positioned?

I am going to check out those other two cameras.
The Vico Opia 2 is a very nice camera one of my favorites it is usually right below my mirror. I took the 3M stick pad took the stick off and applied 3M Dual Lock Tape to the mount now I get a great hold, but can take the whole thing down if I need to.

I'll try to remember to take a picture with everything in.
ZPDiEHem.jpg

Here is the dual cam I have, but I am not sure where you would find it. I have had it for a little while. I have seen it called a SH800 and M919 before I believe.

Too big and ugly
While I agree it is not the best looking or most small it seems to do okay. I also have a K1S in the Camaro

Back