New owner of a SG9665GC V3

Korazu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had my SG for about 3 weeks and completely love it. However, we've had a few 100F+ days, not including the heat index and found that the sticky between the mount plate and the foam pad have separated. Now the foam pad is stuck to my window and not the plastic mount, where it needs to be.

I am sure I can just take a razor blade to remove the foam pad, but when I affix another one, how long is it going to take to separate and then I will not have a way to mount it.

Any thoughts or tips? It's kind of aggravating.

Both SG lads onto it within 2 minutes of Korazu posting

Crikey that's fast .... whoooosh ... there they go :D

I was also following this thread to see how "slow" Jon and Rick will be to reply. But seeing Jon sending replacement pads after 10min issue being raised, I thought there is nothing for me to do here and I went back to bed :)

Yup, these dudes are amazing and no wonder we get good cameras

I was also following this thread to see how "slow" Jon and Rick will be to reply. But seeing Jon sending replacement pads after 10min issue being raised, I thought there is nothing for me to do here and I went back to bed :)
:D

WTH were you doing up at that time of day anyway? ;)
It was around 5AM locally, I forgot to mute phone notifications.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

It was around 5AM locally, I forgot to mute phone notifications.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk
@niko - if you're an android guy, i highly recommend the Llama - Location Profiles app by KebabApps. it uses cell towers to determine your location (you have to "teach" it which towers correspond to the locations you're interested in). you can also use it without location stuff to trigger events based on time/date/day, wifi networks it can see, bluetooth, or just about anything else. for example, i have mine set up to automatically go to vibrate mode if it's between 9am and 11am on sunday and i'm near church. that way if i'm driving past the church at any other time, it won't mute my phone.

I've had my SG for about 3 weeks and completely love it. However, we've had a few 100F+ days, not including the heat index and found that the sticky between the mount plate and the foam pad have separated. Now the foam pad is stuck to my window and not the plastic mount, where it needs to be.

I am sure I can just take a razor blade to remove the foam pad, but when I affix another one, how long is it going to take to separate and then I will not have a way to mount it.

Any thoughts or tips? It's kind of aggravating.

I've had the same problem twice although not in extreme temps. First time temps were around 95 degrees Farenheit and I found the unit hanging by cord. Used the other pad supplied in kit (I'm assuming for GPS) to mount again. No problem till I parked directly at an incline facing the sun and my unit was dangling by the cord when I came back to my car several hours later. I would like to know the very best adhesive pad to buy for this problem? I want to know not only to remount this unit but for other things I might want to use it for.

If the bond between dual-sided sticky pad and the plastic mount fail, you can use a little CA glue there, i did this on another brand camera that suddenly just dident want to stick though i tried several new dual-sided pads. so in the end i smeared a little CA glue on the base of the mount and pressed it back on the pad still on the windscreen, and since that day the camera never let go and this is now 2 years ago.

Off-course if your pad leg go of the windscreen then using CA glue would not be a good idea, it would probably work alright but might mess up windscreen in that area.

Just dont have camera near when CA glue harden, its fumes can ruin lens coatings.

Back