GitUp F1: any good for dash cam use?

A kind of Magic :D

How does that work? Is it always in standby waiting for a BT signal to turn on?
An option to enable turne on the camera via bluetooth feature, if enabled camera will be in standby mode, very low power consumption.

I simply don't understand the GitUp F1 information that has so far been made available saying the F1 will come with a battery! If it's a 4K camera the heat is definitely going to be on big time! A S-Capacitor would eliminate some of that, also I don't want to be close to that type of battery with the possibility of very high heat! I'm thoroughly satisfied with my face, and don't want it rearranged/modified without my consent:D:cool:.

@Lola the F1 it first and foremost a action camera, if it can be adapted to dashcam use its just a fortunate side effect.
If that is the case i am sure Gitup could come up with a capacitor kit for it, cuz selling your product in 2 markets got to be better than one.

@Lola the F1 it first and foremost a action camera, if it can be adapted to dashcam use its just a fortunate side effect.
If that is the case i am sure Gitup could come up with a capacitor kit for it, cuz selling your product in 2 markets got to be better than one.
Much like the mobius that is primarily an action camera, which happened to gain popularity soon after release as a dashcam. The supercapacitor option was not available when the mobius 1 launched. I know I bought my capacitor about a year after owning the M1.

I realize you and I both know that, but not sure GitUp knows it.

Im sure they know, but just focus on main thing here at launch and then listen in to user feedback when the cameras got out there, i am sure some will also put it in their car even if they got the camera for action.
Thats actually also how i put most hours on my SJ cameras, or at least the Sj6 legend and air.
With the hardware in it i am not really sure if it can work as a dashcam, but lets see i have been know to be wrong / too skeptical once in a while.

I'm certain the manufacturer understands the different markets and the 'crossover' between action cams and dashcams. I also think he is one of the few who would possibly develop this for a dual-purpose cam based on his other innovative designs ;) As the original Mobius proved one cam can fill both roles well if you aim the development in that direction :cool:

Phil

Mmmmm / me having momentary problems with mouth water, and a sudden urge to shake my ass :D

Pre order stock arriving in 5 days?

Just got to keep a eye out for the F1, its specs and shape make it a so much better alternative than the Mobius 2 i got for on-board recording on different "toys"
Just emptied my piggy bank to replace broken computer monitor, but i am stuffing it all i can as i got a few things i want and need to do next year.

Do hope to see unboxing and footage soon.

Mmmmm / me having momentary problems with mouth water, and a sudden urge to shake my ass :D

WOW, kamkar1 that sounds serious, better wait till it comes out out to see if you really like it:D:cautious:.

The specs on Viofo's page mention lens as 160°5G 2M. What is "2M"? Is it 2 mega pixel? Is it appropriate for 8M sensor?

Where do you see that ?

I can find a place where it say F2.8 ( aperture ) 5G +2G Lens, assuming that mean the lens have 5 + 2 glasses where one off course are the IR cut filter another might be a protective glass at the front of the lens.

It is pretty common for camera makers to count the IR filter like a lens element too, and sure it sort of iss cutting out IR light, but otherwise it have no optical properties.

Where do you see that ?

I can find a place where it say F2.8 ( aperture ) 5G +2G Lens, assuming that mean the lens have 5 + 2 glasses where one off course are the IR cut filter another might be a protective glass at the front of the lens.

It is pretty common for camera makers to count the IR filter like a lens element too, and sure it sort of iss cutting out IR light, but otherwise it have no optical properties.

The 5G + 2G is referring to Wi Fi capability.

Reactions: Mtz
In the technical specs it do say "Angle of View: 160°5G 2M" and in the picture below it say F2.8 5G + 2G

I dont think that 2M in the technical specs refer to the lens used are a 2 megapixel one, that could entail some problems for a 8 megapixel sensor.

It is weird cuz just 5 glasses in a lens are pretty low so i do think its a "7" glass lens

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
D F1 17
Back