Speed

swanem

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just bought a G1W-S to replace my G1W-C (both from SpyTec) that expanded and warped in the sun, and with it I got the GPS module. I have just done the initial set up and noticed the speed was in KMP, is there a way to change it to MPH in the settings? I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

So I just bought a G1W-S to replace my G1W-C (both from SpyTec) that expanded and warped in the sun, and with it I got the GPS module. I have just done the initial set up and noticed the speed was in KMP, is there a way to change it to MPH in the settings? I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
No. There was supposed to be a firmware update that would give the option to change to mph but that seems to have been shelved

Dashcam Viewer should be compatible with the camera from their next update and you'll be able to have that set to mph

Dashcam Viewer should be compatible with the camera from their next update and you'll be able to have that set to mph
Awesome. I'll just have to convert. No biggie.

I do not believe this cam will be getting the same level of attention as Viofo's other cams, however I still
No. There was supposed to be a firmware update that would give the option to change to mph but that seems to have been shelved

It may still happen but don't hold your breath waiting. I have it on good authority that sales are far below expectations so there will probably be little priority in updating it given everything else Viofo is currently doing. Just my opinion, nothing official in that ;) IMHO it is still the best budget-priced dashcam made today and I still like it :D

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H G1W-S 4
Back