How would I go about hardwired a dash cam safely?

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
So I got a G1WH and am wondering how would I go about hardwiring it? I was going to get this kit (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B071K9J2ZP) off Amazon. My question is, would I need to get an add a fuse for this or would it be ok to wrap the cable around the fuse leg? Also, does it matter what amp fuse I would need to put it in since there is an "In-line fuse for added protection"?

I am guessing if it is a 15amp fuse in there it would be dangerous to put it with a 10amp?

get a fuse tap, don't wrap wires around a fuse leg, too easy to short something without noticing it
Ok and will it matter what amp fuse I put it in or no? And also what amp fuse would I get for the fuse tap?

Ok and will it matter what amp fuse I put it in or no? And also what amp fuse would I get for the fuse tap?

that power supply has its own low amperage fuse inline right at the power connector anyway so what size fuse you put in the tap won't matter a great deal in the scheme of things, 5A is plenty

that power supply has its own low amperage fuse inline right at the power connector anyway so what size fuse you put in the tap won't matter a great deal in the scheme of things, 5A is plenty
Would 2A do I was reading around and people seem to recommend 2A? Just trying to avoid a fire lol :p

I have plans to hardwire a G1WH and if that goes well to hardwire the A199S in the other car.

2A is fine, the power supply likely has a 2A fuse in it already, the fuse being so close to the tap would make it a non issue anyway

convenient but in my experience that's a problem model, voltage output is not stable, we've had a few customers kill our cameras using those, more expensive doesn't always equal better
So I'm guessing the Amazon one I linked is stable or do you know of any stable hardwire kits?

I was using Inviscord to plug my dash cam into the auto-dimming mirror in my Mazda. Clean and easy install.

I can personally vouch for the multi safer BDP since it's been running reliably in my vehicle for 2+ years now. a lot of folks here like the newer, more feature rich vico power plus, too. i'll probably get that if my multisafer ever quits.
Me 2 am running the MotoPark Power Safer (FineVu Multi Safer - same product, new brand), for almost 4 months now, no troubles what so ever. Highly satisfied.

Back