Dashcam with rareview parking mode

pesho

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hi, i`m new to the whole dashcam thing. Since i own a long car and its hard for me to park because the rare window is very small i want to buy a dashcam that is like a rareview mirror ot at least that has a nice display and has a rareview camera on the back, that can be used as a parking assist. What would be the best one for this purpose? Of course i dont want it to be 500$ but i want something that will last fairly long :). Dont want to install all the cabels every year if it dies. Hope i was clear, my english isnt that good.

You say that devices like Auto-Vox M6 doesn’t exist?!? I’m just asking which one is good...hope someone can help me.

they do exist but they are compromised. any clip-on or add-on mirror will likely introduce vibrations due to the additional weight on the stock mirror. this is not good if you want shake-free footage. in addition, the mirror glass itself will be tinted so you will not have the clarity of your stock mirror. and since it IS a mirror, you will get glare on that backup LCD while you are backing up. so yes, these dual devices will work but may not be great in either function.

So can you give me a good option for 2 devices that will funcion properly? The problem here is that i have a build in navigation that has blocked function for parking assit camera since the previous owner didnt want one. So i have one gps, now i’ll buy one dash cam and one device for parcong asistance that will have display so ill have 3 displays on the front, very distractin. That is why i search all in one device that wont take more space infront.

I'd like a really great all-in-one device like that, too...especially in my limited space fiat 500 cabin.

right now, I have a viofo A119 camera that is mounted behind my rearview mirror. it has been my favorite camera thus far (and I've been through more than a handful).

for my rearview backup LCD monitor, i use a pyle rearview LCD mirror. it is not an add-on/clip-on so it does not vibrate. you do have to use an adhesive to mount it to the glass and that takes a bit of patience but at least vibrations are not an issue. and i like that it has an ambient light sensor so that the LCD brightness turns down at night to avoid blinding you. but it's not without it's drawbacks. it does suffer from glare during a sunny day and that makes it a bit tougher to see the display.

now since your vehicle already has an OEM display, I'd research to see if you're able to add a camera to it. I'm sure if it's possible, someone on a specific brand/model forum has already done it and can advise.

now since your vehicle already has an OEM display, I'd research to see if you're able to add a camera to it. I'm sure if it's possible, someone on a specific brand/model forum has already done it and can advise.

that would be the better option for the reverse cam functionality

I drive renault megane 3 grandtour 2009 and the build-in navigation is tomtom. I asked in renault if they are able to install backup parking camera amd they said that the AV port is blocked when then the car is manufactured since the 1st owner dodnt want one, amd they dont know how to unblock it, there must be some code or some sh*t like that but they dont have it if anyone can help me install a camera to that port, that would be the best option. thanks

@pesho
For problems like this you can often find the answers on car model specific forums, though not all cars have owners forums. There may also be a non-official tom-tom or GPS forum which can help ;) Good luck with the search!

Phil

Back