Do blackvue cloud codes expire?

Daniel Kuntz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had my dr650gw2ch upgraded for use with the cloud. I got my camera back about 6 or 7 weeks ago and when I try the Manual registration with app. It does not work. I have been just using it without cloud as my WiFi hot spot device is being repaired. Yet im connected to home internet when trying to connect to cloud just to register camera via app.
Have been on trips all summer basically and have not been home with box with cloud code written on it after upgrade to try.
Leaving for another trip, and have another device I was told by cell provider that would work in the meantime as hot spot connection.
Tried last night and this morning before trip to connect to the cloud yet won't work and have run out of time. I contacted supplier late Friday who did upgrade yet have not herd back yet. Probably will soon I hope.
Anyone know if codes expire or am I just not doing it right. I have entered my s/n and code correctly as I have tried so many times. Yet have run out of time. Looks like regular use again for this trip till I can get this figured out.
Also since I got my camera back it's been restarting it's self about every 20 to 45 min on trips. It's not my card (i dont think) as I have tried 3, all formatted properly to fat 32 on computer. (can't remember off hand what camera's firmware is set at, it's either 1.8 or 2.008 cloud version I think) anyway the card in it now is the same card that my supplier used and tested while they upgraded the camera and it worked for them. The card in it is a Lexar 128gb and they work well for supplier, so they told me.
(Sorry sbout the bad choice in lingo, tried to edit it)
Stumped with both issues.

Update, camera did not restart for the 1st 4 hours or so. When we stoped and powered down then back up and it's at it again, restarting every 20 to 45min, card is full. Maybe that's it. Will maybe try wiping card clean when I get to destination.

Second update: running 2.56 app says. Now camera is restarting every 5 to ten min. Sometimes 3 times in a row. If clearing card does not work, time to get warranty help from supplier.

Last edited:
Tried a new card today. It's the 4th card I have tried. Only drove short distance and it re started twice again. I will look at the card that worked for supplier tonight on computer to see what it did and did not record on trip. Also will wipe it and try it again. This new card is doing same thing. Besides that I have no idea why it's doing what it's doing.

Hi Daniel

The card should not get "full" - older files should be overwritten. I think it's up to your supplier to sort it out.

Have you tried using the Blackvue card. It's my understanding that all cams from Pittasoft have the basic Blackvue cards with them, but some suppliers are changing them to different higher capacity cards, before selling the camera on.

Good luck

John

Hi Daniel

The card should not get "full" - older files should be overwritten. I think it's up to your supplier to sort it out.

Have you tried using the Blackvue card. It's my understanding that all cams from Pittasoft have the basic Blackvue cards with them, but some suppliers are changing them to different higher capacity cards, before selling the camera on.

Good luck

John

Hi John,

Believe it or not the 16gb card that came with was corrupted from the start. So I can't revert back to it to check. When I had cloud upgrade done on camera one of the cards worked for suppiler on a overnight "bench test" so when I got it back it worked fine for about 2 weeks then when card gets full it has trouble overwriting the old files again. I am on the road now, when I get home I am contacting suppiler for warranty help. Its just so frustrating.

To quote Homer, DOH!

Back