CONTINUOUS CHARGE

Edward Heaney

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a 9 foot usb cord from the mobius site. Would it hurt the unit by having it continually connected to power? I read somewhere that when the car is shut off, that the unit would shut off too.

I have my mobius c2 (owner for approx 15 months) permanently on charge/record in my vehicle and have had no issues. Just recently the sd card was difficult to insert/take out but after investigation it was due to a swollen battery (was still operating ok) but replaced for a new battery now (£4.50ish) from uk sourced site so cheap fix! So as above no is the answer to your question

I've has the same thing happen where a swollen Mobius battery made it difficult to remove the memory card. A new battery and everything was back to normal. That was with a Mobius I like to carry around in my pocket.

In a vehicle, with the camera running continuously I would advocate for installing the super-capacitor option. A few members here run a Mobius full time and have been doing so without issue for long periods of time.

How long does the charge time last on a journey when not plugged into a usb charging source, as I don’t to rely on short battery life and risk becoming short of something that I may miss! Super capacitor I’m assuming it will hold its charge for hours/days before going flat?

How long does the charge time last on a journey when not plugged into a usb charging source, as I don’t to rely on short battery life and risk becoming short of something that I may miss! Super capacitor I’m assuming it will hold its charge for hours/days before going flat?

The capacitor can hold the date and time for about a week. Some report less and some report as much as ten days.

Redacted- my bad!

Phil

Last edited:
Just to be sure everyone understands as the OP is new here: Ssupercaps will not power the cam for recording, they are only for ensuring proper shut-down and for saving the date/time when not in use. If you need to record without USB power then you need the battery version ;)

Phil

also worth confirming which camera he has, posted in the Mobius Mini section, no capacitor option for those

Yikes! You're right Jokin, I missed that. Editing now!

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Mobius Mini 0
Back