BlackVue Customer Support???

Cessna CJ4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue 750s Dual | Two Cellink B | 4G LTE 815S Aircard
Purchased almost $900 in Car Camera gear last month. Thus far, I've had nothing but problems from BlackVue's camera and its technical support which is for all practical purposes non-existent. I bought the BlackVue 650S dual channel system and very little has worked out as advertised. What makes matters much worse is the fact that Noman at Blackvue refuses to even reply to my emails anymore.

When Noman does reply, he apparently does not read the original question because he often leaves questions completely unanswered, or he replies with the same thing he previously stated - as if he's not paying any attention to the content or context of the original complaint or problems with the camera. It is highly frustrating dealing with a company that has such poor customer support. I cannot believe the level of carelessness with which Blackvue brings to doing business - especially in an online market where credibility and integrity mean everything.

Very Inconsistent Cloud Connections

I use a Netgear 815S hotspot through ATT. The hotspot has a great connection to its network from where I live, yet the 650S continually drops its connection to the hotspot. I test for both hotspot connectivity and camera connectivity and always find the hotspot powered on and connected to the ATT network with a strong signal.

Very Slow (Useless) Video Downloads From Cloud

What's the point in advertising a Cloud Enabled Wifi Camera when it won't upload the video stream through the hotspot to the cloud efficiently. Either that or the Cloud Server (an Amazon server) is highly de-optimized for providing such a service. Either way, playing recorded videos from the Blackvue cloud is for all practical purposes useless because it is so slow and when it is not slow, it is very inconsistent in delivery of the full 1 min stream without hanging the Cloud Viewer app.

Being Charged for Recorded Videos that Never Downloaded

When a recorded video loads but does not fully stream to the Blackvue Cloud Viewer app, my account still gets dinged for a downloaded or viewed video. Since Blackvue only allows 100 downloads or views per month, I end up with a completely useless "Cloud Enabled" camera as the App tells me that I've exceeded the number of downloads or views for the month. It is completely unfair and untrue because the Cloud Server never fully delivers the video stream. So, I end up having to repeat attempts to download and/or view the same video over and over again without success.

In-App Purchases Charged to Card That Do Not Appear in Blackvue Account

This one is truly egregious and it is borderline theft. My first in-app purchase of 1440 live view minutes went through immediately last month. I then made a second purchase this month through the same iTunes account. This time nothing shows up in the Blackvue Cloud Viewer as having been purchased and iTunes generates no immediate receipt like the last purchase. I wait several hours, still no receipt from iTunes and no additional minutes added to my Blackvue account in the App.

I then contact Apple/iTunes support and they tell me to "Report" the problem. Yet, there is no receipt having been generated. I then go back in and attempt another purchase of 1440 live view minutes believing that the first transaction simple fell through as there was no receipt generated. Immediately, the second purchase goes through, a receipt is generated and sent to me via email and 1440 live view minutes instantly appears in my Blackvue account on the App. Clearly, by this time I felt that the first attempt simply fell through and would not go through.

The following day, I get an email receipt showing TWO (2) charges to my card. Each one for 1440 live view minutes! Yet, the Blackvue Cloud Viewer (both PC and iPhone) only shows one unit of 1440 minutes, not 2880 minute which it should have shown. I put all of this in an email and sent it to Noman at Blackvue. After TEN DAYS I get no answer. Nothing. Dead silence. I contact Apple/iTunes, report the problem and they credited my card.

MapView Will Not Display in Cloud Viewer

The map displayed for one week. After that nothing. The error message is: "Error Loading MapView, an internet connection is required." Yet, my computer has a clean 1Gbps connection and I get more than 120Mbps to over 1,000 miles away and 40Mbps to over 7,000 miles away and low latency. So, there is no internet connectivity problem on my box. I sent this problem via email to Noman at Blackvue and he basically repeated the same things, telling me to do what I've already done which never provided any solution. It is like he's not paying attention or simply does not carefully read the emails.

I keep telling Blackvue that I think their product concept is a good one. I keep telling them that I like the concept of being able to view live video streams from a cloud server from anywhere I have a connected device. I keep giving them chance after chance to get their act together, but it seems like Blackvue could simply care less after the sale is made. They seem like a company that does not understand the importance of customer support and fixing problems that cause customers good reason to doubt the product and the company.

Has anyone else experienced this level of total neglect from Blackvue other than me?

A lot of smart things, that really isent smart at all with current technology.
This for me personally just underline how much i need to stay away from "smart" connected things.
One thing is for sure you should not buy any dashcam for the features listed above, that technology or implementation of it just are not there yet.

Got sort of the same problem with my home CCTV and the app for it, often it takes several tries to connect, and i can only pan and tilt my PTZ camera but i can not zoom in the app.
And i can just playback recordings from one of the cameras connected to my NVR.

I feel your pain. I spent over $400 on a FineVu 2 years ago, and had problems almost immediately. FineVu support was non-existent. When I complained about disappointing video quality, especially at night, their response was basically "deal with it." BlackBoxMyCar did their best to handle the situation from their end by sending me a new unit, but it ended up just being a crappy dashcam. FineVu has since pulled out of the North American market completely.

After 2 years, that cam is starting to have real problems like not turning on or the rear camera randomly disconnecting. I decided to start shopping for a new cam. The Qvia AR790 was looking pretty good, but when I was ready to buy, the online store was shut down, and when I asked whether they would open back up, they said that they too would be pulling out of the North American market. Well, f@%# you too.

I finally decided to just get a cheap dashcam and settled on a Mini 0906 from eBay. It should arrive in a few days (it's in New Jersey ATM), but I have already found better support from the eBay seller and the company than what I got from FineVu or what I would have gotten from Lukas/Qvia. The seller, estore009, is actually active on eBay, here on DCT, and on /r/dashcam on reddit, and the company has a couple of reps here on DCT as well. A very welcome surprise. I figured I would just buy an el cheapo cam and replace it if it breaks, but lo and behold, I have options. Finally!

The only other dashcam company that I have seen that has true customer support is Street Guardian. If I do opt for a high-end dashcam in the future, they are the only company I would even consider now.

It really pisses me off that companies would sell a premium product and not back it up. I doubt that these Korean companies handle their business the same way in Korea as they do over here, but if they expect to be successful in the world market, they had better bring their A-game wherever they try to set up shop. Even Blackvue, which has a decent segment of the market locked up here, sucks a$$ when it comes to being there in the long run for their customers who shell out a pretty penny for their products. Absolutely shameful!

Yeah it do seem with dashcams, even high end ones that a thing like customer support and care can rest in a very small place.
But as we say in here any dashcam are better than no dashcam, and while i agree with this there are one big problem.
And that's the level of trust you can have in the product recording something, and here failure to record seem to happen more often with the cheaper products, but a high price are no guarantee for flawless performance.

...I doubt that these Korean companies handle their business the same way in Korea as they do over here, but if they expect to be successful in the world market, they had better bring their A-game wherever they try to set up shop...

This is my sentiment exactly. I feel that some of them don't care because they sell abroad through distributors like BlackBoxMyCar, which has really been the only bright spot in the entire purchase or ownership experience. BlackBoxMyCar is doing everything they can to make sure I have a working system - including helping me upgrade to a new cameras after I ship back my existing 650S system.

I picked Blackvue because it marketed a functioning Cloud based camera system with the ability to stream recorded video and live video with true 1080p quality and resolution. Its not true 1080p and the cloud service has been extremely slow to the point of being mostly unusable. The rear camera is not true 720p either. Their product claims don't match their product performance and they refuse to properly support either the Cloud Service or the camera itself.

It is my understanding that Thinkware will be releasing their Cloud enabled version in the F800 Pro, sometime at the end of this year or early next year. I hear in general that Thinkware does a better job of supporting its products, but I've never owned a Thinkware cam so I cannot say. Maybe someone else here can chime in on Thinkware's product support.

I would be more supportive of Blackvue, but they have proven themselves to not want to support me as a paying Customer. I think Wifi/Cloud enabled 24/7/365 cams with view from anywhere capability are a great Product Concept. However, the consistency in performance is simply lacking and Blackvue strikes me as an outfit that simply does not care whether it works or not. I get the impression after dealing with them on unresolved technical problems that they simply care about making sales and that's not the be-all of running a successful business. You have to deliver consistency and Blackvue as a company has not done that for me.

This kind of tech should already exist in the automobile manufacturing industry. I hope that auto manufacturers get around to making this ubiquitous at some point soon. You should be able to have a $450 - $750 option on the sticker for a Wifi/Cloud based high-resolution 4K Interior & Exterior Video Monitoring with Ultra-Clear Night Vision and Hotspot when you purchase your new vehicle. I would pay for that option when buying a new vehicle, no problem. There is no reason why auto manufacturers can't make this an OEM option in mass produced passenger vehicles right now as we type. The technology is already there and current road conditions including a dramatic increase in bad driving behavior virtually demands that you have cameras on-board. It just makes sense.

I would guess that a company like Tesla might be the first to really attempt to push this forward, who knows what the future holds.

Yeah it do seem with dashcams, even high end ones that a thing like customer support and care can rest in a very small place.
But as we say in here any dashcam are better than no dashcam, and while i agree with this there are one big problem.
And that's the level of trust you can have in the product recording something, and here failure to record seem to happen more often with the cheaper products, but a high price are no guarantee for flawless performance.

I agree with everything you just said. Better to have even a partially functional system than no system at all. That's why I'm still hanging in there with Blackvue, though I won't recommend the company to anyone else in good conscious. I've never tried Thinkware, but I will be keeping a very close eye on what happens to their F800 Pro offering later this year or early next year, 2018.

You are right - you've got to have something on-board your vehicle these days. I 100% agree. You just have to. There are now far too many bad drivers and total nut cases out there not to have something to show Law Enforcement when they arrive on scene to show them (if possible) what actually took place, or at least provide them with better context about what actually might have happened. Bad drivers lie all the time about what they do and criminals lie perpetually without ever ceasing or ever telling the truth about anything. So, cams in your vehicle, in my opinion, is now Protocol. I think we have reached that point in society where it is an absolute must.

A lot of smart things, that really isent smart at all with current technology.
This for me personally just underline how much i need to stay away from "smart" connected things.
One thing is for sure you should not buy any dashcam for the features listed above, that technology or implementation of it just are not there yet.

Got sort of the same problem with my home CCTV and the app for it, often it takes several tries to connect, and i can only pan and tilt my PTZ camera but i can not zoom in the app.
And i can just playback recordings from one of the cameras connected to my NVR.

You could consider a Cloud based Camera Surveillance solution or arrangement. Eli The Computer Guy has some good information:

It really pisses me off that companies would sell a premium product and not back it up. I doubt that these Korean companies handle their business the same way in Korea as they do over here, but if they expect to be successful in the world market, they had better bring their A-game wherever they try to set up shop. Even Blackvue, which has a decent segment of the market locked up here, sucks a$$ when it comes to being there in the long run for their customers who shell out a pretty penny for their products. Absolutely shameful!

Bravo and wel-said :D Poor service isn't just a Korean thing or even an Asian thing- it's everywhere and at all price levels. The same can be said for features which don't quite work. With cheap cans from cheap sellers one kind of expects poor service, but the mentioned companies can afford to do better but they don't. Which is why the only time I recommend them is if you need the best parking mode, in which case Blackvue has that. There is no other compelling reason to buy their cams as you can get better for less elsewhere.

There are a few names which stand head and shoulders above the rest for service :cool: To have such dedication almost always indicates that they know their products are good and thus service won't be often needed. Look for that and for repeat customers and happy long-term owners- and then you are almost certain to find a good product too ;)

Phil

No i am highly against cloud solutions, though they might actually be safer than what private solution for storage or whatever i could set up.
But i am 2 faced here cuz i do use youtube which you can argue are a social network / cloud storage platform, and though i claim to be strongly against both.

I have been wondering now that Chine soon loose its postal 3 world country status and we no longer can get "free" shipping from there ( or that be free shipping we pay ourself but just not as part of the actual sale )
Due to a 1069 international postal agreement a Chinese firm posting to Denmark only pay say 3 Dkkr, where as a Danish internet shop based in Denmark have to charge 30 Dkkr to send the same to you.

But china no longe qualify for this rebate, so things will change soon.

https://translate.google.dk/transla...er-post-danmark-millioner/&edit-text=&act=url

Bravo and wel-said :D Poor service isn't just a Korean thing or even an Asian thing- it's everywhere and at all price levels. The same can be said for features which don't quite work. With cheap cans from cheap sellers one kind of expects poor service, but the mentioned companies can afford to do better but they don't. Which is why the only time I recommend them is if you need the best parking mode, in which case Blackvue has that. There is no other compelling reason to buy their cams as you can get better for less elsewhere.

There are a few names which stand head and shoulders above the rest for service :cool: To have such dedication almost always indicates that they know their products are good and thus service won't be often needed. Look for that and for repeat customers and happy long-term owners- and then you are almost certain to find a good product too ;)

Phil

I'm going to have to agree with this.

I bought the "flag ship" car from GM back in 2000 brand new. Had it built in Bowling Green Kentucky, and tracked its shipment all the way across the country to my dealer's front door. Got a call from my dealer telling me to come pick up my brand new C5 Corvette MN6 Coupe. Arrived at the dealer and was walked to my new Vett. Plastic wrapper torn off hastily and still clinging to the sides of the seats. Oily shoe prints on the doorsills from the shop floor. No vehicle detail or prep (don't you pay for dealer prep!) whatsoever. I was so excited after waiting to have it delivered that I just took the keys and drove away - it was night time.

Very next day (in daylight), I notice a sag in the fiberglass rear deck lid. A few weeks later the engine starts losing power above 4,100 RPM on the dyno and never even comes close to GM's acclaimed horsepower and torque numbers. A few weeks after that, the fuel sending unit (FSU) goes out with a full tank of gas - the engine quits in the middle of the freeway at 70MPH - simple stalls and stops running. I have to dead stick the car across all lanes and into the shoulder against traffic. Potentially dangerous because you cannot modulate your speed to adjust for traffic behind you and they don't know that your engine is dead and you have NO POWER STEERING anymore!

Both the Dealer and the GM Regional Manager would never admit that the car was manufactured with problems. They knew about the defective fuel sending unit design in that model year, but ignored it and pretended like the defect never existed - hoping all the while I would not find out that it was indeed a defect in design, which I did confirm later after lots of research. Their attitude about a problem they knew about prior to its emergence in my vehicle was horrible.

I have never purchased since, nor will I ever purchase a GM product ever again. Can't trust the company on any level after buying its "flag ship" Corvette brand new and having it delivered in such a poor fashion and with known design defects in a critical fuel delivery system components. I still love the Corvette. I just won't ever buy one again. Recently bought a brand new Mazda 2017 CX-9 Signature. Zero complaints. Customer Service attitude has been outstanding. Above and beyond the call of duty. The simply want to know if I am happy as a customer and I appreciate that. Quality products, service and companies do exist. However, it can be like trying to locate a needle in a haystack given the massive number of bad businesses out there.

I always seem to have problems with UPS. However, I have never had a problem with FedEx. I expressly ask for "No Onions" on my Quarter Pounder at McDonalds and its like flipping a coin - I never know what I'm going to get. However, recently had breakfast at a new restaurant in town locally and the food was out of this world good with fabulously attentive service from the moment you hit the front door until the time you leave - they take care of you. So, I leave big tips because they deserve my business. I want to support businesses like that.

So, yes - bad customer service, lousy products and poor handling of valid customer complaints exists at all levels and at all price ranges. However, the opposite is also true - if/when you can find it. If you are lucky enough to find it or stumble upon it in the dark world of companies that relish in the delivery of broken promises.

...I expressly ask for "No Onions" on my Quarter Pounder at McDonalds and its like flipping a coin - I never know what I'm going to get...
I had a good chuckle about this one. My favorite way to dress a hamburger is just ketchup and onions - no lettuce, no cheese, no mustard, no mayo, nothing else - just ketchup and onions. Invariably when I order this at my local McD's the conversation will be:

Me: Two quarter pounders with ketchup and onions only.
Clerk: With cheese?
Me: No, just ketchup and onions.
Clerk: With cheese, right?
Me (speaking very slowly so as to not confuse her): No, no cheese - just ketchup and onions.
Clerk: With cheese?

Once, out of frustration, I replied "Yes, with cheese - but hold the cheese." (Guy in line behind me gave a little laugh about that.)

Clerk looked at me real funny - like I was the one with a mental shortcoming - stared at the keypad for a few seconds, punched a couple of buttons and I got my 2 burgers with ketchup and onions - and no cheese. (y)

Note: These are the some people who think their starting wage should be higher than fire fighters and EMS techs. :(

Recently bought a brand new Mazda 2017 CX-9 Signature. Zero complaints. Customer Service attitude has been outstanding. Above and beyond the call of duty. The simply want to know if I am happy as a customer and I appreciate that. Quality products, service and companies do exist. However, it can be like trying to locate a needle in a haystack given the massive number of bad businesses out there.

I have been a Mazda customer since 2008. My Dad drives my old 2008 Mazda 3, which is still going strong with over 200,000 miles, my 2010 Mazda3 was totaled by a guy who rear ended me at 45 mph, but the car kept me safe, and I replaced it with a 2015 Mazda CX-5. I LOVE my CX-5. Absolutely fantastic ride. Reliable, comfortable, practical, and hella fun to drive. Couldn't ask for better. Also, Mazda sends me their quarterly magazine which is actually interesting enough to read, and they also send me coupons for routine maintenance, and it ends up being a really good deal. ZOOM ZOOM!

I've got a 1995 Mazda and was recently sent a recall notice to bring the car in and get the ignition barrel replaced under warranty, can't complain about their commitment to looking after the product

My shopping choices are heavily based on how I'm being treated. I will go across town and pay higher prices if necessary to avoid stores I don't like. And once I've decided that I'm done with somebody that's it- I won't ever go there again. It takes a lot to make me do that yet I've got at least a dozen stores 'blacklisted' :( And this is only the local 'brick-and-mortar' stores- with online sellers the list is huge :eek: If you go out of your way to help me then you will have a loyal customer :D I once read somewhere that businesses succeed or fail based more on what kind of company they are than what their products or prices are, and on watching this through the years it seems to be right ;)

Phil

...I once read somewhere that businesses succeed or fail based more on what kind of company they are than what their products or prices are, and on watching this through the years it seems to be right ;)

Phil
Very true for me - especially with restaurants. My 'point of no return' with any eatery is cleanliness. Give me dirty silverware once and it can be a mistake, do it twice and it's a problem and I'll never be back to find out if the problem is solved.

I once worked at a Mitsubishi dealership, talked to a owner of a brand new Carisma witch he was there for the #3 time to have the gearbox rebuild.
And the car had about 3000 Km on the clock. :oops:

But the guy liked me, cuz i was the first one there to say " sorry we sold you such a crappy car"

PS. i was not in sales there i did rust protection treatments.

I have been a Mazda customer since 2008. My Dad drives my old 2008 Mazda 3, which is still going strong with over 200,000 miles, my 2010 Mazda3 was totaled by a guy who rear ended me at 45 mph, but the car kept me safe, and I replaced it with a 2015 Mazda CX-5. I LOVE my CX-5. Absolutely fantastic ride. Reliable, comfortable, practical, and hella fun to drive. Couldn't ask for better. Also, Mazda sends me their quarterly magazine which is actually interesting enough to read, and they also send me coupons for routine maintenance, and it ends up being a really good deal. ZOOM ZOOM!

200K on total miles is really nice to hear. Thanks. Yes. I kept hearing about "Zoom Zoom" for years and thought it was all a bunch of bull. After all, its a "Mazda" right - how much "Zoom Zoom" could there possibly be. Then I began my research. I took months in my spare time to physically compare the Volvo XC-90 Inscription, Acura MDX Advanced, Honda Pilot Elite, Toyota Highlander Limited and Mazda CX-9 Signature. However, there were five (5) other SUVs on my logical comparison list that were dropped off quickly either because of IIHS Crash Safety Ratings or vehicle specs that did not line up with what I was looking for.

I started physical inspections with the XC-90 because I knew it was supposed to be head and shoulders above the rest and I wanted to use it as the premium benchmark for my search. I decided that if I found nothing at a better price that met my requirements, I'd go with the XC-90. So, the deck was already stacked against everyone else as my mind was pre-set on the Volvo. Boy, did things change.

I arranged long test drives with each willing dealer and put all of them through there paces. The Highlander dropped first. I was simply too uncomfortable in the driver's seat, the rest of the interior felt too sparse and the handling was sublime to wandering. The Pilot dropped second. Though I liked its newly updated styling and the spacious feel of the interior, its throttle response left me wondering and its body roll left me worrying. The MDX (surprisingly) dropped third. I liked everything about the MDX especially the interior with one exception. Its version of AWD called SH-AWD (Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive) I found to be more intrusive than helpful - it felt unnatural and overbearing at times. However, there some aspects of SH-AWD that I did like - just not enough to overcome the negatives.

That left the CX-9 and the XC-90 head on. A very unlikely comparison because in every single aspect the XC-90 is in a different league compared to the CX-9. On paper the decision should have been a no-brainer. I then arranged for even longer test drives back to back on the same day. I did that for three weekends straight. Each time I was unable to ignore the comfort of the CX-9's interior and its overall handling. I simply did not feel that I was getting $30K to $40K more interior comfort/luxury in the XC-90 over the CX-9. The Napa Leather seating of CX-9 Signature played a very important role here. Then came the Driving Dynamics and that is where the CX-9 drew the line in the sand. The Volvo XC-90 handles very well for a 7-passenger SUV in its weight class, no doubt. Its throttle response seemed very much in-tune with the transmission and body roll was not overly exaggerated. The ride quality was exactly what you would expect from a very well engineered and built Volvo. I simply had no complaints at all with the XC-90 and like it very much. Yet, the CX-9's handling was on par and even better under certain conditions - which kept me shaking my head. How could Mazda have built a brand new SUV that handled better than a XC-90 in any situation? I was amazed and I had to keep test driving them back-to-back just to make sure I was not dreaming.

Why?

It simply provided 80% to 85% of what the XC-90 provided me but at 1/2 the total cost of the XC-90. Yes, the XC-90 is a better vehicle in all aspects. However, given the highest in class IIHS Crash Safety Rating, amazing interior comfort, relatively quiet interior and a level of handling that made driving actually fun. Unlike the others, the CX-9 begs you to drive it - it asks you to toss it into the corners and it does not complain when you do. I found that amazing for an SUV well under $50K (in my case).

The CX-9 is not a BMW X5 M, nor a Porsche Cayenne GTS Turbo or even a Volvo XC-90 Polestar R-Design. Yet, it "feels" like it could be some day, LOL! And, at its price level and performance level there was simply nothing else that I found comparable. The fact that it competed that well with an XC-90 in the first place was more than what I bargained for. So, no - the "Zoom Zoom" is no joke. The engineers at Mazda actually make it happen.

I've got a 1995 Mazda and was recently sent a recall notice to bring the car in and get the ignition barrel replaced under warranty, can't complain about their commitment to looking after the product

1995... I wonder of most OEMs would have just let it go. Pretty nice that Mazda finally called it.

My shopping choices are heavily based on how I'm being treated. I will go across town and pay higher prices if necessary to avoid stores I don't like. And once I've decided that I'm done with somebody that's it- I won't ever go there again. It takes a lot to make me do that yet I've got at least a dozen stores 'blacklisted' :( And this is only the local 'brick-and-mortar' stores- with online sellers the list is huge :eek: If you go out of your way to help me then you will have a loyal customer :D I once read somewhere that businesses succeed or fail based more on what kind of company they are than what their products or prices are, and on watching this through the years it seems to be right ;)

Phil

Agreed. I've got a vehicle detail shop that's 25 miles from where I live. But, I don't mind the drive and I won't let anyone else touch my vehicles except that shop. They know what they are doing and they always take my appointment as if I'm the only customer that day - when they have at least 10 vehicles to do each day. They are always on time, they always take care of my paint and interior and they never miss even the smallest of details. Man, I love that shop - simply can't get service like that anywhere else. And, they pulled swirl marks out of two vehicles previously after a brand new (highly modern) Mercedes Benz Dealership (supposedly the biggest and the best in the region) literally destroyed my paint with striation marks from too much rotation on the buffer.

Can't beat quality, professional and competent craftsmanship along with someone taking real pride in their work product.

Back