Best <100$ AC october 2017?

Alexeliasson

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Hi Buddies,

I havent't followed the actioncam scene for 1 year or so.

If I had 100$ to spend on a AC, which should I buy today?

Hi Buddies,

I havent't followed the actioncam scene for 1 year or so.

If I had 100$ to spend on a AC, which should I buy today?
That might depend on what you want to use it for?

At $100 the Gitup Git2 has been about the best for the last year or so, however its price seems to have dropped a bit recently because the Gitup G3 is about to be released. Looks like the initial price for the G3 will be a little over $100, but that might depend on where you are buying from.

Thank you! :)

I'm actually quite disappointed..

That cam was in the 100$ year ago and also a very good performance/price ratio back then.

Nothing new in the same range?

Thank you! :)

I'm actually quite disappointed..

That cam was in the 100$ year ago and also a very good performance/price ratio back then.

Nothing new in the same range?
The problem is that almost all the new action cameras are "4K" cameras which makes them either expensive or poor quality. For those of us who are happy with 1080 60fps there isn't much new from the last year. The SJCAM SJ6 is one, but that is over the $100 price due to having 2 LCD screens!

The Gitup G3 which appears to now be in stock on Gitup's website but hasn't arrived elsewhere yet is a significant improvement on the Git2, a very good 1080 60fps camera. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/git3.212/ You might need to wait for Black Friday if $100 is actually the limit.

The problem is that almost all the new action cameras are "4K" cameras which makes them either expensive or poor quality. For those of us who are happy with 1080 60fps there isn't much new from the last year. The SJCAM SJ6 is one, but that is over the $100 price due to having 2 LCD screens!

The Gitup G3 which appears to now be in stock on Gitup's website but hasn't arrived elsewhere yet is a significant improvement on the Git2, a very good 1080 60fps camera. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/git3.212/ You might need to wait for Black Friday if $100 is actually the limit.
@Nigel G3 is available already for market,but its price about 30% higher than@Alexeliasson budget :):(

Excellent!

Yeah, I admit the 4k specs are awesome but It's really hard for me to justify the extra expense. I'm more than satisfied with 1080 p - and - honestly, not many video upload services provide you with the bitrate for true 4k.

I'm about to order Git2p 170 FOV. Should I go with the Panasonic or Sony sensor? Or, would you advise me for any other camera in that price area?

Excellent!

Yeah, I admit the 4k specs are awesome but It's really hard for me to justify the extra expense. I'm more than satisfied with 1080 p - and - honestly, not many video upload services provide you with the bitrate for true 4k.

I'm about to order Git2p 170 FOV. Should I go with the Panasonic or Sony sensor? Or, would you advise me for any other camera in that price area?
I prefer the colours of the Sony sensor, but it is personal preference, depends a bit on the lighting conditions and which firmware is installed.

Don't worry about the 4K, even the best GoPro Hero 6 at $500 can't do stabilised 4K 60fps yet so you are quite likely to end up using 1080 60fps on it anyway!

Excellent!

How about Viofo F1 real 4K ? Its price will be about 130$ about.And its F1 will be ready within next week about!
And if you stick to this G2p,we suggest Panasonice sensor for action camere application.

What about ThiEYE T5e(real 4k, 1080p120fps)? It's around 100$ now, or Git2p is the best option?

Shill :( If you wish to promote your cameras, please do so appropriately as was explained to you in the other thread you created today.

Phil

Sjcam SJ8 Air, YI Lite or Git2p is the best option even in 2018!?

Back