Disassembling the GitUp F1 factory sample

Looks nicely put together. I like the heat sink, but no shielding on CMOS?

Looks nicely put together. I like the heat sink, but no shielding on CMOS?
I think the shielding and heat sinking is built into the PCB, you can see the big heat transfer pads for transferring the heat into the, err, I think Canon would call it a magnesium alloy chassis - you don't normally see things like that in action cameras :D

Looks like the lens holder is metal too.

Looks good, i like the single PCB

I disassembled my F1 factory sample. Not 100% disassembled, but close.
Photo gallery

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz, can you tell if the lenses are glued in, can they be removed for aftermarket lenses?

Hi Mtz, can you tell if the lenses are glued in, can they be removed for aftermarket lenses?[/QUOTE

I should Not get excited, and read everything first before I say anything. This was a message to myself!

I am not good at lens specifications or replacement, maybe @gitup can answer to this questions with more details.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz, can you tell if the lenses are glued in, can they be removed for aftermarket lenses?
If you look around the base of the threads, you can see the glue they used to hold it in place. Holder looks similar to the A119.

Anyone have a link to the camera sensor used in the F1?

need more footage on youtube from those test sample cameras out there.

My test camera does not have the final lens version. :(

enjoy,
Mtz

My test camera does not have the final lens version. :(

enjoy,
Mtz
That's a shame. I suppose that applies to quite a few of the test cameras out there.

Test cameras can have different hardware between each, depends when it was made.

well as i understand its launch time soon, so i figure we will see footage en mass soon enough.

I'm particularly interested in finding out how the F1 holds up in hot weather at 4K, more or less the only thing that held me back from pre-ordering.

I think it will do fine as a action camera that is, prolonged use on a windecreen in a hot summer is a whole other ballgame.
Just look at the guy that melted a SJ 7 star, i have not heard of that happening in regular use as a action camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
TonyM F1 0
Back