Aukey DR02 D - Dual Dashcam

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
Last edited:
As I am already quite impressed with the DR-02 (single cam), I am very tempted to buy this. The only concern I have is that I don’t see a dedicated AV-OUT port (the one that’s there on the single cam appears to be used by the rear cam in this case). This is an important feature for me as I will soon be starting a project where I’ll be wiring my front and rear cams into my OEM nav/display unit’s AV1 and AV2 inputs. If not, I may try to find a 3.5mm splitter and see if that works ...

I’ve emailed Aukey for clarity on this.

I heard back from their customer service. Btw, every time I've emailed them they've responded within 24 hours.

Seems it uses a mini B USB for the rear cam whereas the DR-02 (single) has a 3.5mm AV OUT in that same location.

Hmmm. This poses a slight problem for me ...

IMG_0327.PNG

Why do you want to want to connect the cameras to your display unit?
I suppose one solution is just buy another single DR02 for the rear. Then you have some redundancy in terms of SD cards. Needs a separate power source though.

if you absolutely need the AV out there are some other similar two channel models being worked on now that will have this option, not sure how far off they are though

Why do you want to want to connect the cameras to your display unit?
I suppose one solution is just buy another single DR02 for the rear. Then you have some redundancy in terms of SD cards. Needs a separate power source though.

Just something I've been wanting to do for a while. Mainly I'm doing the mod to install wireless iPhone mirroring (via airplay) onto my OEM 8.8" 1080p display. It will keep my all of my OEM nav/other functions too. But while I'm in there (technically the unit will be in the glove box so switching out future items will be a cinch), I want to make use of the AV1/2 ports. I think viewing my dashcam on that huge display live and in real time would be fun, but it's not critical.

I do like the individual cam options as I suppose picture quality may suffer a twinge with a shared processor on a dual cam if not done right. Currently, my Mobius serves as my rear cam and there seems to be a way to get AV out of it so that's promising. I'm also going to be doing a lens mod (like at @Dashmellow or @dirkzelf ) so that could "elevate" that cam enough to keep me happy. The key is a small footprinted cam as there's not a lot space back there. Unfortunately, my A119 or DR-02 single are just way too big to fit back there (I gave my WR1 to my brother but that would have been "ok" in terms of size).

Last edited:
if you absolutely need the AV out there are some other similar two channel models being worked on now that will have this option, not sure how far off they are though

Good to know. It's not critical, but something I really want to try and I think would be fun.

when i checked the product details i realized how mini 0906 valuable and competitive!

any 'verified purchase' on these by the reviewers would be internal, they still hadn't got the stock to be able to sell it to anyone to actually get a real review
Just curious, how can you tell they didn't have stock to sell?

Good golly ... 12 reviews, all 5 Star and not one criticism or anything that wasn't perfect. Reading through them ... they all sounded similar in style.

Back