Waterproof Samsung 360 Round camera (360° 3D 4K 30fps)

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
Wonder if it works as a dashcam mounted on your roof?

With 2MP high sensitivity sensors and bright F1.8 lenses it should make quite good 360 degree 3D dashcam video, and it is IP65 rated for Dust and Water resistance :)

Even better you have a choice of storage, either a UHS-II SD Card (up to 256GB) or an SSD (up to 2TB) :D

Only 6 internal microphones though, why not 7 for 7.1 surround sound :confused:

360-Round-Release_main.jpeg

https://news.samsung.com/global/exp...vestreaming-3d-content-for-virtual-reality-vr

360-round-camera-virtual-reality-vr-samsung-sdc-2017-0950.jpg

Last edited:
2 PC software (for Camera Control / Streaming, Content Viewing)
For Post Processing:
– Windows 10
– 64-bit OS for 4K video editing
– 16 GB DDR4 RAM 2ea or more
– 850W power
– Intel Core i7-6700K or above
– GPU NVIDIA GTX 1080 x 1ea
For Preview and Live Broadcast (as above):
– Intel Core i7-6950X or above
– 32GB DDR4 RAM 2ea or more
– GPU NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti x 2ea

Looks like most folks won't be able to get any usable footage out of this one.

It's still an interesting product ;) If someone were to put it on top of their car here some redneck would blast it with their shotgun to save them from the aliens in the flying saucer that landed on their car :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Looks like most folks won't be able to get any usable footage out of this one.
I was worrying about the 40W of power that the camera consumes, didn't notice the 850W needed for the computer, 53x the power that my current computer consumes :eek:

Then, what does it mean by "2 PC software"? Does that mean you need 2 PCs to be able to use the camera? If so then I will also need to install some air conditioning!

Intel Core i7-6950X or above - not sure about the "above", but the 6950X costs $1300 just for the processor!

I was worrying about the 40W of power that the camera consumes, didn't notice the 850W needed for the computer, 53x the power that my current computer consumes :eek:

Then, what does it mean by "2 PC software"? Does that mean you need 2 PCs to be able to use the camera? If so then I will also need to install some air conditioning!

Intel Core i7-6950X or above - not sure about the "above", but the 6950X costs $1300 just for the processor!

you're not going to be running one of these off your netbook, it will be aimed it pro use so I guess that's expected anyway

Then, what does it mean by "2 PC software"? Does that mean you need 2 PCs to be able to use the camera?

Looks like one software for "Post Processing" and the other for "Preview and Live Broadcast".

Is the second image a bad Photoshop, or is it really that big?

tZ8QWR8.jpg

Is the second image a bad Photoshop, or is it really that big?

tZ8QWR8.jpg
Based on the size of the tripod screw hole... yes it really is that big, and that is the larger professional sized tripod screw!

Specification says it weighs 1.93 kg - the weight of 29 Gitup Git2.

Thats some 360 doughnut :D just go to prove what it take compared with the consumer grade stuff you can get.

Next generation Google Street View camera?

Next generation Google Street View camera?
It doesn't appear to be 'Street View ready', although Samsung's smaller Gear 360 is.

It would be an obvious use for it though, for people who want to make their tourist attractions explorable on-line.

give it a few years and it will shrink and shrink and shrink in size :)

Back