Aukey DR02 D - Dual Dashcam

when i checked the product details i realized how mini 0906 valuable and competitive!

Their claimed specs are similar to yours (Sony sensor and NT96663) and this cam was (may still be) on sale for $114 (i.e. priced much less than yours). Have no idea how it performs however. It could very well be a dud.

I’ve been using Fakespot for longer than most people even knew it existed, and let’s just say it’s to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. It can be a small factor but not “the” factor. I can tell you from personal experience it’s not always accurate. Far form it.

Don’t believe me? The SG9665GC gets a D (and even I who doesn’t own one can tell you that’s not true). Careful when you play with a double edged sword.

https://www.fakespot.com/product/st...g-android-card-reader-gps-best-of-dashcamtalk

Don’t forget to hit the that orange button that says ”Reanalyze” for updated results. In the second case, the GC gets C.

Again, double edged sword when you rely on man-made algorithms to attack or defend your case. Do so at your own peril.

still a different result on each variant though, anyway I'm not too worried about what the site says in regard to our reviews, my conscience is clear, we don't do fake reviews, although negative feedback never feels good it's the only way to improve things, if you pretend it's all 5 star and there are no issues is very silly at best, no brand has zero issues

Their claimed specs are similar to yours (Sony sensor and NT96663) and this cam was (may still be) on sale for $114 (i.e. priced much less than yours). Have no idea how it performs however. It could very well be a dud.

Aha, price is not everything we need to concern.
---- front cam IMX291 VS IMX323 (total different story)
---- with GPS VS w/o GPS
---- with remote controller VS w/o remote controller
---- with firmware update VS w/o firmware update
---- with after service VS w/o after service
---- temperature protecting, parking guard, super capacitor, player......

from the mini 0906 forum you will know how mini 0906 performed, how the users are cared, how the users enjoy it......
I believe a sagacious customer will know what is the better choice. ;)

Last edited:
Aha, price is not everything we need to concern.
---- front cam IMX291 VS IMX323 (total different story)
---- with GPS VS w/o GPS
---- with remote controller VS w/o remote controller
---- with firmware update VS w/o firmware update
---- with after service VS w/o after service
---- temperature protecting, parking guard, super capacitor, player......

from the mini 0906 forum you will know how mini 0906 performed, how the users are cared, how the users enjoy......
I believe a sagacious customer will know what is the better choice. ;)

Per their manual, they claim it’s using the IMX323 and both use caps.

The rest, you could very well be right in yours being (more?) valuable and competitive. I think some of it might be subjective. Some might put more value in Aukey’s warranty or brand familiarity or frequent sales that puts it at 25% less, while other put the differences you mention as being more valuable.

I do like the remote controller you have. I think I first saw it with DDPAI, but I’d like that on my cams.

Last edited:
yes, most of the low price 96663 cameras use IMX323 for both front and rear camera, for cost reason, not too much RD needed.

if we want to use this configuration, mini 0906 can be brought to market one year before.
but we believe IMX291+IMX323 is much more ideal

Aukey have a dual camera version of their DR02 priced at just $130:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075S7W6FRThis particular model is not on sale here in the UK. I emailed Aukey and they said they would inform me if it becomes available.

The single camera DR02 unit has very good image quality. See DCT review by @Sunny :
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-dashcam-with-sony-exmor-imx323-sensor.29900/
I just got my hands on the Aukey DR-02 D dual camera.
It has great daytime videos. Rear camera video is very good as well.
Here's the discussion thread.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/review-aukey-dr-02-d-dual-1080p-sony-exmor-dashcam.31471/
I'll add more videos soon.

can you flip the video if you mount either camera the other way round?
Watched the techmoan video and it kinda didn't seem like there were any options like that in the menus..

Back