Freezing every few days

I've attached the latest log file. I've no idea how to interpret what's on it, so if anyone has any clues why it would just stop recording at 6:18am 20/10/17 and never start again?.

our enginner checked the log file today, found the log time is recovered to 10.11 for no reason.
it is quite strange because this change happened while recording.
Then the 10.11 files will be overwiten by new ones but all the 10.20 files kept in card.

let's keep watching if this will happen again.

20171023175345.png

Yes that is quite odd. Will let you know if it happens again.

Came to the car today and noticed it had stopped recording again on 28/10/17 at 08:33am.. This time there was a solid blue light, solid red light, no green light. On the screen it had frozen on recording, but if I pressed the power button it would still cycle through front, rear and off. Attached the log file again.
I'm starting to think I'm going to have to just turn parking guard off until this problem is resolved.

Attachments

• 20171028_063740.txt
    1 MB · Views: 3
Tested parking guard again today after a reset and format of card. It still records every other file at fast speed so video looks as if it is be played on fast forward.

Might have to give up on Parking Guard unless @Rayman.Chan can deliver a better firmware update then October version.

fast speed so video looks as if it is be played on fast forward.
I thought it was supposed to do that? Doesn't it record as a timelapse video to save space until it senses motion then changes to full frame rate and higher resolution, then back to timelapse again and so on.

Hmmm not sure but those "fast forward" files are only 1 or 2 seconds long? It's odd that every other file is like that.

OK so I decided to turn parking guard off, as it's just hassle having the camera freeze every few days and only realising after it's missed driving footage, which isn't ideal!

When turning parking guard off I expected the Camera to work as a 'dumb' dashcam, i.e. turn engine on, cam turns on and starts recording, turn engine off and cam stops recording and turns off. But I've now realised this isn't the case, the camera receives power constantly even with parking guard off.
After reading the other posts I see @tinman had the same expectation and realised this was not the case. I had it professionally installed as I'm not electrically minded, so it would be a hassle to get the guy out again just to modify the wiring. Especially if this issue gets fixed in a firmware update and Parking Guard actually becomes a viable option again when it works properly and doesn't freeze recording, as I would want it re-wiring again to be able to use this option.

When buying this camera I had no idea it would be such a hassle to use. This switch that tinman and speuk have modded into the wiring to be able to toggle parking guard mode and 'dumb' camera mode, without having to change the hardwire configuration surely should have been included in the hardwire kit in my opinion.

Sigh :(

I also have a 0906 wired without the toggle switch and it works fine as a dumb dashcam. Comes on when ignition is switched on and off when ignition is switched off.

Maybe there is a batch of faulty hardwire kits?

But did you wire it up that way specifically? As Rayman.Chan say's here
if yu want the camera power off when engine stop, please connect the RED cable to ACC and ignore the YELLOW cable, to cut off power supply when engine stop.

I was planning to add a toggle switch but ran out of time. If you wire it as Rayman suggests without yellow connected I found it only records in 720p while driving

I've no idea then. I'm stumped. Will just have to leave it receiving power 24/7 and not recording until the freezing issue with parking guard gets fixed.

I was planning to add a toggle switch but ran out of time. If you wire it as Rayman suggests without yellow connected I found it only records in 720p while driving
That actually makes sense. To use it as a dumb CAM, the parking guard has to be disable. If the parking guard is enabled and power is seen by the CAM, the CAM will check to see if the ACC is ON (indicating the engine is off). With the Yellow wire not connected, the CAM will think that the engine is off, which means it should go into low power mode, or 720p @ 30fps.

@Rayman.Chan
The dashcam froze on me today. I checked the log and look like its the same issues as redrevis. The date changed to 10/22 from 10/31.
I have no footage after 2017/10/31 13:18:25.

upload_2017-10-31_15-57-42.png

Attachments

• 20171031_094259.log.txt
    1 MB · Views: 3

turn PARKING GUARD function OFF

@Rayman.Chan
The dashcam froze on me today. I checked the log and look like its the same issues as redrevis. The date changed to 10/22 from 10/31.
I have no footage after 2017/10/31 13:18:25.
Thanks, will send this log file to our engineer

So mine has done the same thing again. Stopped on recording, but this time all the LEDs were lit. Last clip was 2017/11/09 14:29:53. Log file attached again
This time it lasted about 6 or 7 days I think and it stopped when changing from full recording when driving, the car stopped and engine was turned off, as it tries to change to Parking Guard Mode it froze again. :(
Crossing my fingers the December firmware fixes it.

Attachments

• 20171109_125149.txt
    1 MB · Views: 4
So mine has done the same thing again. Stopped on recording, but this time all the LEDs were lit. Last clip was 2017/11/09 14:29:53. Log file attached again
This time it lasted about 6 or 7 days I think and it stopped when changing from full recording when driving, the car stopped and engine was turned off, as it tries to change to Parking Guard Mode it froze again. :(
Crossing my fingers the December firmware fixes it.

what memory card are you using?

No I haven't got any other cards. This was quite expensive, so I don't fancy spending on another one. Surely this card is good enough? Is there any test I can do on the card to rule it out as being the issue?

Back