Original Mobius night recording with 4mm ~ F1.2 lens (!)

6mm, 4mm and 25mm lenses ready for testing
DSC_0019-01.jpeg

6mm mounted on the test rig
IMG_20171102_004808-01.jpeg

Last edited:
First quick impression is that this lens does much more for the Mobius than it does for the JooVuu. Somehow that doesn't surprise me. :smuggrin:

Always enjoy your musical choices @dirkzelf! :)

Oké so that is not just me I found the results for the mobius camera More striking too, but in the X it has better results as well. Don't forget the X has already better low light video quality than the Mobius,so the gain is less noticeable, that seems only logical. All hail Spock.

Quick comparison between 6mm F1.2 and the 2.66mm F2.8 Lens D, both on Mobius 1. The focus on the 6mm was set too close so most of my driving recordings are not great - will try again tomorrow with both 4mm and 6mm installed.
M1A_0373.MOV_20171102.jpg
M1D_0784.MOV_20171102.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some screenshot results / comparisons for Mobius

VALUES F1.2 lens (F1.4 lens)

SHARPNESS: 15 (0)
EXPOSURE: -20 (0)
CONTRAST: 15 (10)
SATURATION: 15 (20)
FOV: N (W)
WDR: ON (ON)

F1.4 first, F1.2 second.....

vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h31m52s741.png vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h31m55s968.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h36m08s800.png
vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h36m04s380.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h30m01s806.png vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h29m57s626.png
Now, considering the very different settings, I'd like to say that F1.2 is the overall winner, but, I wil do similar test with same settings for both, all set to zero or default.

There was another thing that struck me concerning the Joovuu X, here's why:

vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h39m18s543.png
vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h39m21s975.png vlcsnap-2017-11-06-20h39m14s238.png

I foun it somewhat weird, and before you say it, the JooVuu was operating @60fps WDR ON, but no HDR mode.....

There was another thing that struck me concerning the Joovuu X, here's why:

View attachment 34398
View attachment 34399 View attachment 34397

I foun it somewhat weird, and before you say it, the JooVuu was operating @60fps WDR ON, but no HDR mode.....
It's not uncommon for the Mobius 1 metering to expose for the highlights in those conditions. I've seen that a lot lately comparing the M1 and M2, with results similar to yours above. Reliable metering is one area where the M2 generally performs better than the M1.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for the Mobius 1 metering to expose for the highlights in those conditions. I've seen that a lot lately comparing the M1 and M2, with results similar to yours above. Reliable metering is one are where the M2 generally performs better than the M1.

OK, I just found it at least remarkable, since both JVX and Mobius have WDR on.

As for the JooVuu X with the F1.4, I think I'll refit the original lens, or maybe the F1.2, both seem to perform better.

Considering it's Ebay, how is one to know if it's an authentic Mobius or a copy. It's not worth a few bucks to find out the hard way. I believe you did it the right way by going with eletoponline365 for your purchase. They have a history of only selling authentic products unless otherwise stated.
I can also personally say it hasen't been that way with Ebay. I just got fed up with the goings on their and decided to stop purchasing anything from them over 6 months ago! My opinion from personal experience.
If you are stuck for a place to go, try buymobius.com. I have purchased from their and always been more then satisfied. Authentic merchandise and a great guy running the show!

Considering it's Ebay, how is one to know if it's an authentic Mobius or a copy. It's not worth a few bucks to find out the hard way. I believe you did it the right way by going with eletoponline365 for your purchase. They have a history of only selling authentic products unless otherwise stated.
I can also personally say it hasen't been that way with Ebay. I just got fed up with the goings on their and decided to stop purchasing anything from them over 6 months ago! My opinion from personal experience.
If you are stuck for a place to go, try buymobius.com. I have purchased from their and always been more then satisfied. Authentic merchandise and a great guy running the show!
Digitalele889 are a verified direct seller of the Mobius. See this extract from the RCGroups forum post #2

upload_2017-11-10_15-39-26.png

+1

I agree completely about eBay. I've had a kind of love/hate relationship with them for many, many years both as a buyer and as a seller.

As for the Mobius fake clones, they are pretty easy to spot if you know what you are looking for as there are some obvious giveaways and red flags. I also notice that you don't see the Mobius fakes as much as you used to, so perhaps Mobius finally got eBay to crack down on them.

I also notice that you don't see the Mobius fakes as much as you used to, so perhaps Mobius finally got eBay to crack down on them.

highly doubt it, I think they've just moved onto other models, the original Mobius is just getting too old for them to worry about copying it, don't even see the copies at the trade shows anymore

highly doubt it, I think they've just moved onto other models, the original Mobius is just getting too old for them to worry about copying it, don't even see the copies at the trade shows anymore

The Mobius is still a popular item. The fakes are still out there in the marketplace; don't kid yourself.

The Mobius is still a popular item. The fakes are still out there in the marketplace; don't kid yourself.

fakes are still out there, but getting thin on the ground as they are largely remnants of prior productions, the shortage of fakes on eBay has nothing to do with any crackdowns and more to do with the resellers running out and not getting more of them

the ones that were making the fakes before look to have moved on to other targets, they go for low hanging fruit, whatever is popular at the time is where they put their efforts, this sort of stuff changes monthly

fakes are still out there, but getting thin on the ground as they are largely remnants of prior productions, the shortage of fakes on eBay has nothing to do with any crackdowns and more to do with the resellers running out and not getting more of them

the ones that were making the fakes before look to have moved on to other targets, they go for low hanging fruit, whatever is popular at the time is where they put their efforts, this sort of stuff changes monthly

Well, OK then, thanks for the enlightening explanation.

Back