Are people using the EVA Foam Pads for VIOFO A119, and if so have they helped?

Smiley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V.1(1), A119V.2 (6), A119V3 (1)
I just got my V.2 Cameras which comes with the EVA foam pads. Are people using them? Are they helpful? It seems like they do nothing to improve the connection between the GPS unit and the camera in Version 1, but may help to stabilize the connection for better video quality. What has been your experience?

It is better to apply pad for GPS base connection!

Use them if you feel the camera fits loosely on the mount. Probably don’t need them when the camera is new, but you may find that over time the camera moves a little more on the mount.

I have the v.1 version with the GPS mount, had some problems initially with spontaneous restarts due to lost contact with the GPS unit.

I then cleaned the contacts thoroughly with CRC oxide clean - lubricated and protected with CRC 2-26 - added the EVO foam (which also took care of some slight vibrations in the picture when traveling on bumpy roads). No problems since. Rock steady performance.

Make sure to use minimal amounts of the cleaning/lubrication agents by using toothpicks, cotton swabs etc to work on the contacts and recessed gold strips.

mine came with them I used one to make a good fit so no raddle or shaky.

I bought 2 dashcam mount suction cups, both for about 8 usd in amazon.. in the beginning i thought i wouldnt be able to use it because it was very loose, then added the eva foam to the cam and its alright.

footage is not shaky and the camera or cup hasnt fallen down from the windows, just made sure i clean the windows before and moist the suction cup a bit before attaching it..

i chose not to use the gps mount because i am using windows tint in the front windshield and i dont want to damage it if i remove it.

I have the v.1 version with the GPS mount, had some problems initially with spontaneous restarts due to lost contact with the GPS unit.

I then cleaned the contacts thoroughly with CRC oxide clean - lubricated and protected with CRC 2-26 - added the EVO foam (which also took care of some slight vibrations in the picture when traveling on bumpy roads). No problems since. Rock steady performance.

Make sure to use minimal amounts of the cleaning/lubrication agents by using toothpicks, cotton swabs etc to work on the contacts and recessed gold strips.

or alternatively follow this:

Hope it helps someone.

I bought a set and used it. Good results for about 1/2 hour of off-road driving, then the same old power interruptions. I finally just connected the power cord to the A119 and not to the GPS module. As far as I'm concerned, those pads are nothing but money-makers for those who sell them and I consider it a waste of my hard-earned dollars. The A119 still records GPS info even though the power is applied to the A119 and not to the GPS module.

the foam pads are not about improving the connection, if you have a V1 that's a known issue and relates to the connectors used and why they were upgraded on the V2 cameras

VIOFO suggested using the foam pads and that is why I bought them.

I have 2 A119s since march/april ish. Almost 90% of the miles are on gravel roads. I gave up cleaning the contacts and just put the power straight into the camera on one after a month and 6 months on the other.
Recently when i reviewed some footage i saw the mount was looser now and the cam must be shaking so i cut some thin packing polystyrene sheet type stuff (no idea what its really called) and made my own pads to tighten things up. Working ok so far.

EVA form can make the connection between GPS and camera be tight, but it cannot solve some V1 issue
To reslove the issue of V1, purchase new one or use GPS replacement kit to make V1 change V2.

EVA form can make the connection between GPS and camera be tight, but it cannot solve some V1 issue
To reslove the issue of V1, purchase new one or use GPS replacement kit to make V1 change V2.

I donk check here often enough. Whats the issue? V1 works fine if you put the power in through the cam.

I donk check here often enough. Whats the issue? V1 works fine if you put the power in through the cam.
yes, if you plug into camera directly, camera can work well, but some users would like to plug into GPS, that maybe cause restart and flicker. This is the defect of V1.

Back