Just bought an F800 Pro.

So you can’t turn the WiFi option off when you don’t want to use it? It’s just always on and trying to connect to something?
I can’t see anything on the options in app to do that,

Believe me I’ve spent nearly every day since I’ve this trying to get it to auto
Connect

Believe me I’ve spent nearly every day since I’ve this trying to get it to auto
Connect
Did you follow the instructions I placed on the other 2 post that you’ve been fallowing? It is very detailed with pictures.

Did you follow the instructions I placed on the other 2 post that you’ve been fallowing? It is very detailed with pictures.
Yes I did to the letter and I thought I had it all sorted out after reading your very detailed post. But no as soon as I shut
The unit and it for about 30 mins and restart it up it doesn’t connect :(:(:(

I think I’m going to try this in the car

KuWFi 100Mbps Unlocked Mini 4G USB WiFi Router Network Hotspot 4G/3G Car WiFi Router Wireless Network Hotspot with SIM Card Slot Support B1/B3/B5 FDD Outdoor and Indoor on the Bus or in Car (SIM card not included,Need to purchase in local) Support 4G band1/band3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01JRVKOWQ

So you hardwired your camera to your fuse box and not your battery? I was watching a lot of videos saying to go to battery instead of fuse box for some reason.

Also, if I have the camera set to cut off after a couple hours, it’ll still turn back on if someone hits my car, right?

I have 2 cellink PRO's in the trunk and those wires are not long enough to go to the battery in the engine bay.
If you have the battery in the trunk then yes best option is to hardwire directly to it.
this way I guess your BMW won't act up

Ok, so which one is it that records ten seconds prior and ten seconds after an incident? Is that the time lapse or something?

Either Motion Detection records 20 seconds clips as does the shock sensor. Timelapse records all the time in 2 frames per seconds. Energy saving is the only one that powers up upon impact so not as good but you trade that for far less battery consumption.

I have 2 cellink PRO's in the trunk and those wires are not long enough to go to the battery in the engine bay.
If you have the battery in the trunk then yes best option is to hardwire directly to it.
this way I guess your BMW won't act up
How do you have two in your trunk? Are you using an extended battery?

Either Motion Detection records 20 seconds clips as does the shock sensor. Timelapse records all the time in 2 frames per seconds. Energy saving is the only one that powers up upon impact so not as good but you trade that for far less battery consumption.
Ok, I may use both depending on where I park since I can always change it in settings.

So you can’t turn the WiFi option off when you don’t want to use it? It’s just always on and trying to connect to something?
Yes an annoying blue hotspot flashing light.
I just wish it would automatically connect.
I would be happy then

Yes an annoying blue hotspot flashing light.
I just wish it would automatically connect.
I would be happy then
Sounds annoying. I guess it wouldn’t bother me as long as there’s no sounds...

nadihr, i'm talking about cellink PRO which is a different product: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cellink-b-p-r-o.29869/
I’m in the USA and I don’t see that available over here. Also, I’m not sure if I’d need all of that but it’s definitely an interesting option.

I have two Cellink batteries under the drivers seat. They are brilliant
My battery is in the trunk so I may put it there just so it’s out of the way. Not sure, though. There’s only one available in the US, the extended one isn’t available here.

Sounds annoying. I guess it wouldn’t bother me as long as there’s no sounds...

I’m in the USA and I don’t see that available over here. Also, I’m not sure if I’d need all of that but it’s definitely an interesting option.

My battery is in the trunk so I may put it there just so it’s out of the way. Not sure, though. There’s only one available in the US, the extended one isn’t available here.
This is the one I have
http://cardashcamshop.co.uk/Cellink-Battery-B-Battery-Pack-Smart-Power-Bank-Dashcam

if you want the cellink PLUS extended batter then you are better off with the PRO version.

If you are happy with 20 hrs parkmode on 1 battery then just the cellink B will do without extension.
specs here ; http://car-dvr.co.uk/cellink_b/powerbank/cellink_b.html

I see amazon has them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06ZZ4W66R
but whatever you buy, definitely hook it directly to the car battery in your trunk.
That link is for a regular battery and not the pro version. I know there is the Cellink but I cannot find the extended or the pro versions I the US. I guess it’s not really that necessary, though.

If I hook my Cellink I need the trunk, will the Thinkware wire reach it or will I have to have extra wire lying around and combine them?

yes I gave u the link to the normal cellink which will give u 20 hrs parkmode
as mentioned in a previous post, in my MB E-Class I can run the cable from the front camera all the way to the trunk without problems

yes I gave u the link to the normal cellink which will give u 20 hrs parkmode
as mentioned in a previous post, in my MB E-Class I can run the cable from the front camera all the way to the trunk without problems
Ok, thanks for all of the help! I’ll order it today and set it up when it comes in! It looks pretty straightforward.

Ok, so which one is it that records ten seconds prior and ten seconds after an incident? Is that the time lapse or something?
F800pro_parking mode.jpg

Hope this helps. (y)

Back