R12.4 & dual recording

alien8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I was under the impression (because I was told by Nextbase) that the next firmware release would address the issue of dual recording and not being able to turn it off. I've just installed R12.4 and there is nowhere that I can find that now allows this option!
So was that a load of old nonsense or have I missed something?

412GW by the way

Last edited:
The mandatory dual recording is the reason I reverted back to 9.5

Thanks for the heads-up

Hi do you know what the latest update includes please?

I have a 412GW but have not had an email telling me about an update at the moment I am running 11.6 I know its 11.
Hi do you know what the latest update includes please?

I sent Tiffany an email yesterday asking the same question as I only found out by chance there has been an update. I also asked do they normally advise owners of an update Joe

I recently updated to the newest firmware update but didn’t like the two file hi & Lo resolution file idea either, so quickly reverted back to R9.5. Much happier now lol

I had a reply to my email from Technical Support.
Thank You for your email, unfortunately we do not currently have an automated system that tells customers when we have released a new firmware version. Our firmware updates usually include various image quality (IQ) improvements and minor bug fixes.

We suggested checking to see if you need to update your camera once when you purchase it and then every few months thereafter

It should be an option coming as the 612GW does have the option to turn it off.

Some customers make use of it but others don't even use the Wi-Fi feature so it is a good idea to have the ability to turn it off.

The mandatory dual recording is the reason I reverted back to 9.5

Thanks for the heads-up

Hi guys, looking for the 9.5 firmware file - can you help? Presume the update procedure is the same? Thanks

Email support@nextbase.co.uk @SimonW and I can send it, you've read above the features you'd loose though?

Thanks Tiffany, just emailed now. I've read up on the features but would prefer to wait until the dual option can be switched off in settings before updating. Do you have an ETA for that firmware release?

Thanks again, appreciate your help!
Simon

We seem to have found a pattern here :whistle:

Dear Santa ........

It should be an option coming as the 612GW does have the option to turn it off.

Some customers make use of it but others don't even use the Wi-Fi feature so it is a good idea to have the ability to turn it off.

Hello, Tiffany.

It's disappointing that the issue wasn't addressed in 12.4 as I was led to believe, so I'll be reverting back to 9x for the moment. I don't use parking mode nor do I use wifi transfer, also I doubt that Replay 3 would work for me as I use Linux, it might work through Wine but most likely not. Kdenlive works great as a video viewer and editor, Audacity for audio and VLC for a player, so I have that sorted. One thing, does the 9x firmware support 64 and 128gb cards, or did that come with the newer firmware?

I'll email you for the old firmware. Thanks

128Gb card is fine under 9.5, that's what I'm using.

Get a good U3 one though. I got a Samsung from Scan, next day delivery. There's a post I made here somewhere with details and a picture.

128Gb card is fine under 9.5, that's what I'm using.

Get a good U3 one though. I got a Samsung from Scan, next day delivery. There's a post I made here somewhere with details and a picture.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. It's also confirmed by Tiffany, in an email containing the 9.5 firmware but good to hear it from someone using it in the "real world".

I had a reply to my email from Technical Support.
Thank You for your email, unfortunately we do not currently have an automated system that tells customers when we have released a new firmware version. Our firmware updates usually include various image quality (IQ) improvements and minor bug fixes.

We suggested checking to see if you need to update your camera once when you purchase it and then every few months thereafter

I am surprised that you can never get a list of changes for every new firmware version they release. I have also tried asking support for this a couple of times, but they can't tell exactly what is changed. I find this really weird in 2017. All other serious electronics that you can update offers a changelog so you can see exactly what is changed so you can evaluate pros and cons for yourself. Why is it impossible to tell us what has been changed? I do not get it!

I agree that what you’re quoting here is vague @Engine1 , that shouldn’t be the case. If @Joe Peddos could PM me to let me know who emailed that would be great, I’d like to chase this up.

Usually we can provide the information to what has changed.

Last edited:
Any one got the old firmware file to share on here

My 9.5 version is still in Dropbox, hunt down my old posts here if you want it toot sweet.

Back