SJ7 V1.19 Firmware - Adds 4k Rotation - Report Thread

Shazam is what DC superhero Captain Marvel says to become Captain Marvel.

-Nate

Well, Google knows about them anyway. [/grin]

I tried this version briefly, walking around my office. Walking through the doorway to my storage closet was a good test of the distortion correction function. I'm very impressed with what I saw. The double door frame , without correction, was the expected bowed shape. With correction on, the frame was amazing straight. I only wish the editor correction functions worked as well!

I'm not so certain about the EIS function, though. It didn't take much camera movement to see movement in the image. It'll probably be a few days before I can do a motorcycle ride to compare this firmware's performance against V1.15.

I tried this version briefly, walking around my office. Walking through the doorway to my storage closet was a good test of the distortion correction function. I'm very impressed with what I saw. The double door frame , without correction, was the expected bowed shape. With correction on, the frame was amazing straight. I only wish the editor correction functions worked as well!

I'm not so certain about the EIS function, though. It didn't take much camera movement to see movement in the image. It'll probably be a few days before I can do a motorcycle ride to compare this firmware's performance against V1.15.
Thanks for your report! Let us know anything else you may find :)

I didn't find any other obvious problems. The camera didn't crash or otherwise misbehave. I didn't try all functions, either. Consider my comments to cover only 1080p 60fps video.

@sjcam_official The V1.19 beta file names are confusing. There's no consistent file name format, which makes it hard to keep track of the file version. Even the FW files embedded in the distribution are poorly marked. Please use something like V1.19 beta 1,2,3...,n instead of making us guess which file is which.

@sjcam_official There's a bug in the process of changing file when shooting over about 10-13 minutes of video. The video frames match up when spliced together. The last frame of the first file, however, is missing its audio. That is, if I look at only the last few frames of a file, under the last frame there's no audio at all. The first frame of the next file is OK. It's just the last frame that's damaged. This problem has existed since at least V1.15-release.

@sjcam_official The problem, under V1.19 beta 23Nov17 is worse. the last 2 frames are missing audio. The support ticket number is 23227

Firmware writing seems fraught with unintended consequences!!

That's why there are follow-on rev.s. [/wink]

@sjcam_official The problem, under V1.19 beta 23Nov17 is worse. the last 2 frames are missing audio. The support ticket number is 23227
I was reminded I had looping set to 3 minutes. I turned off looping and recorded the expected 13-14 minute files (3.9 Gb each). The audio is present for all frames. Which means only looping is having the problem with losing audio.

I was reminded I had looping set to 3 minutes. I turned off looping and recorded the expected 13-14 minute files (3.9 Gb each). The audio is present for all frames. Which means only looping is having the problem with losing audio.
Okay, thanks for your reports. We will let you know if we have any questions.

Yea, I forgot about that. It's a new group of deities right?

-Nate

Okay. Going to check out the beta2.

-Nate

Just confirming - V1.20 is now the release version?

Back