Parking Cam cable - Dash 55

Holymonkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m looking to hook the parking cable up to the fuse box (appears to be the easiest source to connect too) but a bit flummoxed as to how to connect it up.

I’ve brought a piggyback fuse connector but this only connects one cable & the 55 parking cable has two.. is the answer as simple as that I just need two piggyback fuse connectors or is there a better way of connecting the cable?

Only the positive wire will be fused, the other wire goes to earth

I should of been more specific! The 55 parking cable has 3 wires - earth, permanent supply and ignition supply - I’ve connected the earth to the chassis but now left with the other two wires to connect.

Hi

I know this thread is a few months old I have just purchased the Garmin Parking cable, I have the same issue so can I confirm the follwoing:

The black will go to ground to any bolt.

The red will goto a switched power source either to the car radio fuse?

The yellow will goto a permanent power source such as inside lights?

Is this correct?

You will indeed need 2 fuse connectors! I’ve not worried too much about which sources & fuses I’ve wired mine too - I’ve just made sure one was permant & the other switched.. it’s probably bad form to have them on different fuses (one on 10amp the other 15amp) but it’s been running fine with that set up for me.

Hi

I know this thread is a few months old I have just purchased the Garmin Parking cable, I have the same issue so can I confirm the follwoing:

The black will go to ground to any bolt.

The red will goto a switched power source either to the car radio fuse?

The yellow will goto a permanent power source such as inside lights?

Is this correct?
Literally an inch above your post :)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-cam-cable-dash-55.31872/#post-378507

You will indeed need 2 fuse connectors! I’ve not worried too much about which sources & fuses I’ve wired mine too - I’ve just made sure one was permant & the other switched.. it’s probably bad form to have them on different fuses (one on 10amp the other 15amp) but it’s been running fine with that set up for me.
Does the parking mode feature work fine or are there any issues since you wired it up?

Thanks everyone was doing my head in just wasn't too sure if I needed to extended the yellow wire and run it to battery or just find a permanently sourced fuse...

Also is a 10A fuse sufficient for both the permanent and switched source?

Also is a 10A fuse sufficient for both the permanent and switched source?

I’ve used20 on one and 10 on the other.. so should be fine for both (probably better being the same). As far as I know the parking mode works as it should - no ones hit me so I can’t verify that side of things, but I haven’t had a flat battery..

Last edited:
Back