I guess this guy is 'lucky'? Turned over truck I-20, Texas

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
See if you can figure out the off road route he took before turning the truck over.
:)

It looked like the driver is still alive. I think i saw him sitting in the grass on the other side of the turned over truck....next to a stack of all his possessions from the truck.
:rolleyes:

I'm not sure how long ago this happened on I-20 in East Texas, but probably was only a few hours old.
(time stamp is 12 hours off)

I think he missed the bridge supports, (But not the guardrail).
Must have been a wild ride.

I didn't see any other damaged vehicles, but they may have been moved already.
The other stopped truck is probably waiting for the load from the turned over truck to be trans-loaded.
(You can see a few pallets of bottled water on the highway)

Seem like sleeping and trucking dont mix.

That wrecker are painted up real good, you dont get that here, barely with the independent truckers that actually own the truck they drive.

275832421-6353068-1ed237d49c6fdd34d9032124b1490adf.jpeg

I bet that was a bumpy ride.
He was lucky not to hit the bridge supports. That would have been bad all round. :(

• Wild ride indeed!! I bet he is at least 5lb's lighter:(:D!
  • Kidding aside, I'm glad he is OK.

Yikes! I'm certain that used up a large part of whatever luck he had left in life :( A little more to either side and it would have been his funeral :eek:

Phil

Remind me of the guy launching and hitting the bridge, and pretty much "walk" away from it.

Remind me of the guy launching and hitting the bridge, and pretty much "walk" away from it.

Unbelievable, it never makes much sense when someone hits like that and lives, Makes one wonder if he stopped his stupid driving habits or not!

I have seen several TV programs replicating and looking closer at this crash, what launch him and his car are a drain and a ditch in the middle.
The guy are up and walking and also driving just fine, but i bet he dont do high speed sleeping and driving any more, think its fair to say his allotment of luck are used up.
Actually the people that have looked at the crash and simulated it on the computer still cant figure out how he came away from it alive, the car pretty much was ripped apart just around him and then he was thrown clear.

Its the driver that get launched towards the right.

I think it was a case of sleeping + driving, and a unfortunate layout in the divider providing a launch ramp.

i tried to find more info, but all i could find was that he was alive but in critical condition, had 4 major surgeries, and had to learn how to walk again. apparently he was completely sober/clean according to blood tests at the hospital. but about an hour before the crash, he had been cited for having an unopened can of beer, small amount of weed, and a 15 year old girl in his car (girl was sent home w/ her parents) while parked in the parking lot of a business that was closed. he was 19 at the time.

Seem like sleeping and trucking dont mix.

That wrecker are painted up real good, you dont get that here, barely with the independent truckers that actually own the truck they drive.

275832421-6353068-1ed237d49c6fdd34d9032124b1490adf.jpeg

the graphics may have just been a "wrap" - where the digitally print something on vinyl then stick it on the vehicle. very popular way to decorate or apply signage to work vehicles now. they even use perforated vinyl to "wrap" the back and rear side windows so you can still see thru them from the inside.

Yes Falck and the other companies in the same business are all about the money, most of us Danish motorists subscribe to their service but never use it.
A few truckers with their own truck do go bonkers on their truck, not so much with airbrushing, but a poo load of light are popular, and often illegal

Usually you see some pinstriping or modest graphics on most of the smaller company, large tow trucks.

slide-21.jpg

4b9eaca0a676de13394e0efca49901f7--old-trucks-semi-trucks.jpg

I don't care what the truck looks like when I break down...I just want it to work!

maxresdefault.jpg

With the 'modern', 'clean', engines I've spent more time being towed in the last 5 years, than in the previous 27.

i tried to find more info, but all i could find was that he was alive but in critical condition, had 4 major surgeries, and had to learn how to walk again. apparently he was completely sober/clean according to blood tests at the hospital. but about an hour before the crash, he had been cited for having an unopened can of beer, small amount of weed, and a 15 year old girl in his car (girl was sent home w/ her parents) while parked in the parking lot of a business that was closed. he was 19 at the time.

According to this vid, the crash was the result of a Police chase

Phil

I found out where it was i saw the reconstruction, it was national geographic that had a series called Indestructibles

I found out where it was i saw the reconstruction, it was national geographic that had a series called Indestructibles

i hate how they drag out this type of "documentary" by showing the same clips over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ... well, you get the idea.

Indeed, just one of many things that have turned me off watching TV, its now at a level where i feel things like that are a insult to my person.

And documentaries are some of my favorite TV, just love having watched a program and feel i am actually a little bit smarter now.

Indeed, just one of many things that have turned me off watching TV, its now at a level where i feel things like that are a insult to my person.

And documentaries are some of my favorite TV, just love having watched a program and feel i am actually a little bit smarter now.
if it wasn't for our Tivo (DVR) i would never watch tv. there's just too damn many commercials (which i can skip with the DVR), not to mention the ability to rewind to see/hear stuff i missed, or just to pause it... whether it's from kids being loud, someone at the door, or me just crunching on some food.

Back