Hidden cigarette lighter underneath glove box in BMW X1 F48

csh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Does anyone know if the hidden (and I mean hidden(!)) cigarette lighter socket underneath the glove box in the footwell in a F48 BMW X1 is permanently live, or does it power off after so many minutes (if so how many)? I guess I'm going to connect my Viofo A119 to this socket as a Plan B option, as my original Plan A of hardwiring a 12-5 volt hardwire kit plus a piggy back fuse tap seems doomed as I can't find a suitable ground point near the fuse box in the glove box, without pulling off lots of plastic fascia.

The easiest way to be sure is to plug in your A119, set it recording and leave the car for a while. Then you can view the recording to find how long it stays live for.

The easiest way to be sure is to plug in your A119, set it recording and leave the car for a while. Then you can view the recording to find how long it stays live for.

Great idea, thanks! Now why didn't I think of that?! Think I'll put a clock in front of the dash cam as well.

Thanks for your help

Great idea, thanks! Now why didn't I think of that?! Think I'll put a clock in front of the dash cam as well.

Thanks for your help
No need for the clock, unless you really want to do that. The A119 has its own time stamp on the video.

No need for the clock, unless you really want to do that. The A119 has its own time stamp on the video.

Of course it has! What was I thinking? Thanks again.

I see you live in York. Small world as that's where we lived (Alne) until we moved over here.

Back