Viofo A119 vs. Vantrue N2 Pro

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Starting with just one video but more to come.

1440p30 vs 1440p30 (N2 Pro can only do 1440p front camera only, if you use the rear cam too its limited to 1080p30 + 1080p30)

A119 Review (January 2017)

Last edited:
Did you read the video comments on this camera, like the 1st one said something like it will bend or melt if left in a hot car, so be sure to take it out each time you leave the vehicle in hot weather, also that the Manufacture won't cover it bending or melting. That would concern me!

Did you read the video comments on this camera, like the 1st one said something like it will bend or melt if left in a hot car, so be sure to take it out each time you leave the vehicle in hot weather, also that the Manufacture won't cover it bending or melting. That would concern me!
Are you talking about the vantrue? I have only watched YouTube reviews which typically are people who have used it for a week at most.

Are you talking about the vantrue? I have only watched YouTube reviews which typically are people who have used it for a week at most.
Yes, the first video link you posted, read the comments.

Whoops, my mistake. When your video ended, a screen of videos comes up to watch. I picked the one under yours, wait I'll get a link for you.

Hear you go, sorry for my mistake.Having trouble getting the correct video, if I can get it straightened out OK, if not it's youtube!
Sorry, I can get to the youtube video but they will not let me copy the comments connected to the video for some unknown reason to me at this point. I was able to copy the 1st comment and I'll post it here for you. This is why I as commenting on the melting. What we don't know is how hot did it get the day she was in Florida, probably with the windows rolled up!
It does give you an area to watch and research some more.
You might want to ask the company about their policy on the camera melting in normal use. If it was me, I would just run the camera and see how it go's, but I would take some precautions if faced with some really hot weather.

Tara Aliyeva
1 month ago
If you live or is summer time make sure to take the Vantrue N2 Pro with you every time you EXIT the car or it will bend or melt. The factory does NOT cover melt or bend. I when to FL for a vacation for a week and the first day in 4h came back to the car and it was bend so ugly and the sides melted. Lost my $$$ there.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a fanboi but those A119 night samples are way cleaner than the N2 samples.

I'm not trying to be a fanboi but those A119 night samples are way cleaner than the N2 samples.

Yeah the vantrue are unleashed for absolutely no gains, you really need to chill on those ISO numbers to avoid noise.
Used properly the new sensors give little gain compared to the old sensors, that's just the way it is and why it will be years before we see worthwhile gains compared to 2016 sensors.

I agree, although I still really like the n2 pro. I keep trying to rationalize why I should keep it when I'm done with it. I bought it just for review tho so I'll probably sell it. Luckily I got it for $150 during an amazon lightning deal down from $200.

I have driven for Uber before and I wish I had the n2 for the dual lens mode.

Back