Firmware Update 1.2 (Nov 15, 2017)

The new firmware need use with the new APP.

1 min loop recording and image rotation added as you can see on these screenshots.
ef7edda024381f028e0cfd75ff1b4a27.jpg
285a23d40ff58a757361707cc7fe2ee5.jpg

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Latest WR1 firmware is released on 2017.12.1, version number is V1.3,

Change log:

1. Improved: No beep sound while in play back mode;
2. Added: Enable/Disable beep sound in APP;
3. Added: Automatically format the card while powered on if the file system is exFat or NTFS.

http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000061782-viofo-wr1-car-dash-camera-firmware

This is a fake update. It will not update the firmware in the camera.

Could it be that the extension is .7z instead of .zip or .bin that the camera is looking for in order to update per this instruction?

3. Copy just the FWWR1.bin on the root of the card

The file name is VIOFO-WR1-20171201.7z. I tried changing it to .zip but it won't uncompress giving me an error that it is not the correct format.

What is wrong with VIOFO?

Last edited:
.7z is a compression format. Maybe your not using the proper program to open it? I open these with winzip with no issue.

.7z is a compression format. Maybe your not using the proper program to open it? I open these with winzip with no issue.

Maybe Viofo should stop changing compression formats to less common ones. I had no problem opening the old zip firmware files. There is no reason and no excuse to change the compression format all of the sudden.

My app doesn't have this option in settings and Play Store isn't showing me an update to the app available. No problem loading v1.3 firmware though.
Are you using the Viofo app? Maybe it will be available in the next app update.

Are you using the Viofo app? Maybe it will be available in the next app update.
Yep, that's what I'm assuming as well - maybe takes the play store a day or two to update once viofo pushes up a new version as the 'current' version available from Play is still from November. I'm gonna like getting rid of the beeping...

The new version app will release within this week.

Are you speaking of the Android app? I'm still not able to make any apps work using the tablet I bought for this purpose, even with it's recent OS version and trying all the recommended apps :( Still a nice cam with good vids, I'd just like to be able to adjust the settings more to my liking ;)

Phil

you can get a free program called 7-zip to unzip that file type.

We shouldn't have to jump through hoops because VIOFO decided to suddenly change the compression format to an uncommon one for no reason. They have changed the sticky mount and camera so the old mount does not work with the newer WR1. They have changed the cigarette plug power adapter to one without an LED so you never know whether you have lost power, and now they change the compression format to something that requires a special program.

I am thinking a group of disgruntled employees are sabotaging the company or they hired a bunch of former Goggle employees.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N WR1 1
W WR1 0
A WR1 16
J WR1 14
Viking WR1 16
Back