Complete Review of Urive Albatross II MD-7500P 1080p + 720p

What is the firmware version your camera came with?

I'm looking on their website and there is an update 2.0 for the camera and the viewer.

Mine is 2.0

I need your help.

I just got the camera, and connected it to the power, only to find out that it's in Korean. The manual also came in Korean, with no instruction of how to change it to English.

There is a way at all to change it to English?

Also I have problem with the touch screen, when I try to press the setting button it actually
enables something else.

Is there any way to reset it?

Last edited:
I need your help.

I just got the camera, and connected it to the power, only to find out that it's in Korean. The manual also came in Korean, with no instruction of how to change it to English.

Also I have problem with the touch screen, when I try to press the setting button it actually
enables something else.

For sure there whould be a way to change language ( I need to research ), but first will ask where from did you buy it ? mine came with already pre-installed English firmware.

I need your help.

enables something else.

I just got mine the same way from eBay yesterday. You need to load the latest English firmware on in by unzipping the files from the firmware package to the root directory of the SD card. Then plug the card into the unit and it will downgrade from Korean 2.3 to English 2.0 fimware and everything will be in English after that. Thanks Niko for uploading the English PDF too, that is the only English manual available at the moment.

I would also say that there is no need to tape over the Albatros II logo, you can just peel that sticker off completely.

I just got mine the same way from eBay yesterday. You need to load the latest English firmware on in by unzipping the files from the firmware package to the root directory of the SD card. Then plug the card into the unit and it will downgrade from Korean 2.3 to English 2.0 fimware and everything will be in English after that. Thanks Niko for uploading the English PDF too, that is the only English manual available at the moment.

I would also say that there is no need to tape over the Albatros II logo, you can just peel that sticker off completely.

Yes, everything said in manual. It is strange that some eBay sellers sending out Albatross2 with Korean soft. I got mine from Astrobile and they sent me English version so I didnt need to do any downgrades.
You right. It is good that those AlbatrossII front letters are not printed but GLUED with very light glue and can be "pushed" away easily. So front appearance is sorted out ;)

Excellent review!
I rarely stray from the Pitasoft sub-forum, but frustrated by the image quality on the DR550 I'm looking for alternatives to fit on my other cars.
This unit actually looks very good.

Excellent review!
I rarely stray from the Pitasoft sub-forum, but frustrated by the image quality on the DR550 I'm looking for alternatives to fit on my other cars.
This unit actually looks very good.

Thanks.
Alba2 has its own pros and cons. Unfort 2ch dash cam matket is poor of good choices. Anyway, this model I think is better than blackvue one if taking into consideration all +/-, but of course its to individual buyer to decide what he looks in his "ideal" dash cam.

For sure there whould be a way to change language ( I need to research ), but first will ask where from did you buy it ? mine came with already pre-installed English firmware.

Hey, sorry for the late replay. Well yes, I ordered mine from Ebay (dream-seller).

And only after I complained that it's in Korean, he emailed me the English firmware with instructions on how to update the camera.

I just finished installing the camera today and the only problem I have is that the time keeps jumping to 11/24/13 at 6PM. When I change it to the right time, the camera shows the right time but after it comes back from parking mode, it changes to the wrong time 11/24/13 6PM again. Any thought how to fix it?

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for the late replay. Well yes, I ordered mine from Ebay (dream-seller).

And only after I complained that it's in Korean, he emailed me the English firmware with instructions on how to update the camera.

I just finished installing the camera today and the only problem I have is that the time keeps jumping to 11/24/13 at 6PM. When I change it to the right time, the camera shows the right time but after it comes back from parking mode, it changes to the wrong time 11/24/13 6PM again. Any thought how to fix it?

You have to set time zone via PC Viewer program. You will find all info in user manual.

You have to set time zone via PC Viewer program. You will find all info in user manual.

Thanks, I did it and now it's fine.

I had to work today and I just want to tell you and any others that wants to buy this camera is that the Impact mode is VERY sensitive, and I set it on the "Insensitive" and still many false events. like I was driving after stopping at the light and then another false impact event.

Last edited:
Thanks, I did it and now it's fine.

I had to work today and I just want to tell you and any others that wants to buy this camera is that the Impact mode is VERY sensitive, and I set it on the "Insensitive" and still many false events. like I was driving after stopping at the light and then another false impact event.

I will report about this issue to manufacturer and add it into review "must be sorted"-list.

Does this cam come with the GPS standard or is there another link on Astrobile to add GPS for this unit? Also, is Astrobile from Korea and is anyone here selling the same unit as a distributer or similar type company?

GPS does not come in basic package, - it sold separately.
You can write directly to Urive support team and ask who is official distributor in US.

Not sure why Astrobile does not list the GPS accessory on their website, but Apple-CT on eBay offers the 32GB version with GPS for $403 USD versus $429 USD at Astrobile with no GPS and only 16BG. Looks like Apple-CT is the way to go at this point, but will keep my options open at this point.

Its an open market ( competition ) and of course we all like to buy where is cheaper.
I think you didnt read post #16

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...tross-ii-md-7500p-1080p-720p.3030/#post-33803

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I previously read that post.

If there is a competition out there, best is to write to few ( all ? ) vendors and ask for the best price of whole package you are interested in. But first do research on who is real authorised re-seller and what are their warranty / after-sales policy. Some time cheapest place to buy is not the best, especially considering 400usd purchase.
So there are some home-work for buyers to do.

Last edited:
I'm very upset with this camera. Urive just answer the question about the impact problem during driving and they told to the eBay seller I bought the camera from that you can't turn impact driving mode off but you can set it on a lower sensitivity(WOW SHOCKING), that I have it set like that on the first setup after the installation.

I'm going to send this camera back, I just can't stand the beeping notice every coupe minutes and have a full 32gb of impact every day.

Did I got a defective camera? every little thing active the impact sensor..........

Issue was e-mailed to Urive and also I have added it last week to "must be fixed" list. For me it looks like FW update and minor g-sensor adjustments in FW. Hope Urive can fix it asap. Other than that no more major issues.
Maybe as a "wish list" I would like to have also option of 3, 5, 10 min video clip rec.

I would expect that a firmware update would take care of this issue if Ulive was so inclined to update it. I'll send them an email and see what their response is.

Besides this issue, what are your feelings on this camera overall? I know you are frustrated with the Impact logging, but if you can give a fair review of the camera, I would be interested in your views. I was set to buy this today, but will wait until a little longer I think until I can learn more.

Overall, it looks like a good camera and I hope it will be worth getting. I'll post Ulive's response when I get it...

The eBay seller told me that it's fine, and I can ship it back to him. I'm still undecided about it.

I wish they made it support 64GB. You have to keep in mind that the camera supports parking mode, and it keeps recording even when the car is parked, and it records A LOT of events. Basically, with the 32GB and the impact during driving, you're going to use 32gb every day, so if you want to find a video from a few days ago, forget about that. I'm thinking of maybe disconnecting the red wire, or to connect the red and the yellow wire together and into the ignition wire. This will make the camera work only when the car is running. I like the quality of the picture and so far the camera works fine. I set the volume down all the way to 1 so I don't get bothered with "start recording", "going to parking mode", and "GPS is enabled".

Personally, I have no use for the parking mode operation and having it running without any way to turn it off is not a great thing. In regards to Urive, they just ignored my email and didn't bother to respond. Not a great way to earn my business...

Maybe you should send it again in Korean LOL

I know how you feel, you want to buy one and not so sure which one is good for you.

Personally, I have no use for the parking mode operation and having it running without any way to turn it off is not a great thing. In regards to Urive, they just ignored my email and didn't bother to respond. Not a great way to earn my business...

Which e-mail address you sent your complaints to ? They have many departments and it might be a case where you e-mailed to non-english support team, thats why your e-mail was ignored ( maybe ? )
Best is to contact your vendor. I usually get replay next working day ( max. day after ).

Actually there is a way to turn off parking mode: you just set all values to insensitive

Settings.jpg

Back