SJcam 5000x Elite with 128gb?

Needabreak

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought a new action camera. I know little about it other than watching some set up clips on youtube. Want to take video's of grandson in action lol. I purchased a Sandisk Extreme microsd 128gb A1 V30 Xc1 with U3. Hope that all makes sense to someone, not sure myself. So now I understand it will not format to Fat32. Windows only formats exfat. This is all so confusing to me. Can anyone help please?

Last edited:
Did you try formatting in the camera?

If it won't then you'll need a third party program to format it in your computer

Did you try formatting in the camera?

If it won't then you'll need a third party program to format it in your computer
Is it ok to do that on the card I have? How will it change the performance? thanks for quick reply - can you recommend any safe 3rd party programs that are free?

Thank you so much - will give it a try today!
Merry Christmas ;)

Ok have the partition done - now when I try to download the firmware update its a bin file. Windows won't open it. What do I do now? tx

Windows is not meant to open a bin file, that camera needs the bin file to update the firmware, there should be instructions included telling you what to do with the file

Back