The person I am suing lawyer wants all past months worth of video

1. Understand that what lawyers request and what lawyers actually have a right to see, may be two different things. Your lawyer and / or the Court will advise you what you HAVE to disclose.

2. Never talk to or correspond directly to the other parties lawyer. If they telephone or otherwise contact you, always refuse to speak to them and refer them to your own lawyer and pass anything received from them, or any requests they make onto your lawyer.

3. Always take your own lawyers' advice, not theirs.

4. A wise person never keeps their video clips other than those of significance, a) because it fills your hard drive, b) because there's no use for them and c) because no one can request or obtain anything other than the clip of significance if nothing else exists.

Are we still kicking this dead horse of a thread? :p

If you read through the whole thread it seems clear enough what happened, and that we probably will not hear the end results from the OP due to their embarrassment :rolleyes: Or perhaps they're silent because of their present location's lack of internet access :oops:

Karma is more than the name of a recalled drone :D
Phil

Just an update about this. OK I settled for around $210,000.

Here is the real deal what happened.

I was riding around a high powered elec**+ tric bike through local parks. Regular bicycles were not even allowed in the parks.

I exited the park one day on my bike and was on the street. Someone pulled behind me in a car and was yelling and riding in the center of the street like he wanted to pass me. I thought someone was just pissed because I was on the sidewalk for a while before I entered the street.

I decided to enter the park again at a different location and fell on the grass.

I happened to have my action camera on at the time and it shows the guys car pull right up in front of me on the grass after I fell. The guy was in a parks dpmt car and gets out yelling and cursing at me for what he claimed I was riding through the park at very high speeds :D. This guy was not security or police.

I didn't stay around and left the park on my bike and when I got home I realized I had a broken bone. I wanted to get out of there fast because I thought I was in the wrong.

SO yes I was running from this person in the car. I fell on the grass while I was in the park. The camera caught the guys car after he pulled up in front of me after I fell. The car was numbered and labeled parks. Yes the guy was chasing me for riding in the park. Yes this guy probably ran after my bike on foot in the park before but I can't be certain it was him.

I sued the city park, yes I was riding around in a completely illegal motored bike not even legal on the street, Yes I was not allowed to ride in the parks, yes I was told in other forums that it was my fault and I couldn't get paid, Yes I got around $200,000.

Reason: Because he caused my accident and he drove into the park over a curb, someplace nobody would ever take a car into. Could you imagine riding your car into a park grass area to chase someone? Well even though I was in the wrong didn't matter one bit, still got paid for it.

What was the only piece of evidence I had? The action cam at the time, without that I would have nothing right now, I wouldn't even know how to identify the guy or car. The camera footage was everything. Pure luck I had it on at the time also.

Lesson: Always have a dash cam on your bike or car at all times, even if you are doing stupid ****. I now have a permanent mounted camera on my bike that turn on easily with one switch and work off my bikes battery, will be adding an extra for the front and rear.

Last edited:
What's the big deal? Don't you know only he is allowed to break any law he wants to, without recourse?
:)

I think we have an imaginative troll.

Yeah I kind of find it hard to believe the Parks Department would pay out without clear evidence of culpability on their behalf. If the warden knocked him off his bike with the car, or swerved in front of him on the pavement causing him to swerve and fall off and get injured, then yes maybe they'd pay out. However, merely following someone who fell off because they knew they were being followed? If that were the case, every driver in New York who had an accident would be able to claim off the driver behind because they were being "followed".

Strikes me also as a bit of a Jackanory.

Always liked Jackanory.

And the Booktower.

And Watch with Mother.

There was a deleted post as well between my reply (Harsh) and the OP's update. A member was slagging off the OP with some rather "Harsh" comments (which I reported) and that post has been deleted by admin and a warning to him issued, lol... :rolleyes: The "Harsh" comment is therefore in the wrong place (well, the right place if the one it was a reply to had still been on the boards". Kinda makes my reply look wrong. :oops:

Always liked Jackanory.

And the Booktower.

And Watch with Mother.

There was a deleted post as well between my reply (Harsh) and the OP's update. A member was slagging off the OP with some rather "Harsh" comments (which I reported) and that post has been deleted by admin and a warning to him issued, lol... :rolleyes: The "Harsh" comment is therefore in the wrong place (well, the right place if the one it was a reply to had still been on the boards". Kinda makes my reply look wrong. :oops:
Your on the side of wrong Paul Iddon.

Just like the OP

Don't know why you guys are getting so worked up here, I was an an elec*tric bicycle and got chased, fell, broke bone, sued and won. Not much too it.

The laws exist for people like me to sue even in the wrong. If it was not like this you could just run over and kill any one breaking the law at will. Was the guy who drove a full sized car from the street that I was on into the park not risking the lives of the people in the park much more than me on a light weight bike? I did not even intend to go into the park until I was being chased on the street and decided going into the park would be the safest place for me to go. I also didn't know the car was a parks department car as I could only see the car from behind me and it is not marked at the front. The car was not a security car anyway, just a maintenance car they use.

The parks are huge around here having large wood trails also, not that big of a deal to ride a bike in. This isn't a dirt bike.

Oh well, next time I won't share anything.

:sleep:
Don't know why you guys are getting so worked up here, I was an an elec*tric bicycle and got chased, fell, broke bone, sued and won. Not much too it.

The laws exist for people like me to sue even in the wrong. If it was not like this you could just run over and kill any one breaking the law at will.

The parks are huge around here having large wood trails also, not that big of a deal to ride a bike in. This isn't a dirt bike.

Oh well, next time I won't share anything.

The replies were to a now deleted post, not the further comments starting at my reply mate. #64 is now mine whereas it was a different reply before the deletion, and I am pretty sure they are referring to the one now gone.

Case closed though I guess now. I expect there will be no more replies...

[emoji99]

The replies were to a now deleted post, not the further comments starting at my reply mate. #64 is now mine whereas it was a different reply before the deletion, and I am pretty sure they are referring to the one now gone.

Case closed though I guess now. I expect there will be no more replies...
Fanboy

Yeah I kind of find it hard to believe the Parks Department would pay out without clear evidence of culpability on their behalf. If the warden knocked him off his bike with the car, or swerved in front of him on the pavement causing him to swerve and fall off and get injured, then yes maybe they'd pay out. However, merely following someone who fell off because they knew they were being followed? If that were the case, every driver in New York who had an accident would be able to claim off the driver behind because they were being "followed".

Strikes me also as a bit of a Jackanory.

Would you drive your car into a park, on the grass where no cars are allowed? On top of that while chasing someone on a motorized bicycle? Especially while you are not parks police and just work on maintenance in the park? This was a somewhat crowded section of the park also where anyone could be just laying on the grass.

Driving a tiny motorized bicycle is one thing but taking a full sized car into that area in a chase is another thing.

If I get hurt trying to escape someone chasing me through a park in a car, which was not marked at all on the front, and I had also no reason to stop for this person. Yes if I get hurt trying not to get run over and killed I can sue. It is as simple as that.

Remember, I'm the one who had to deal with a broken bone here and two surgeries. We have laws against crazies like this who think in a rage of anger can do things like this. This was simply road rage.

The guy also was on video cursing and screaming after I fell and was hurt. He also tried to leave the scene after other people were telling him that I was injured and telling him to stop. Lets just say the video was extremely good.

The other thing is I could probably still bring charges against the guy for Felony Vehicular Assault, Yes if you use your car as an assault weapon and cause serious bodily harm which I got with a broken bone, you can be charged with a pretty bad felony. Part of the reason I didn't do this was because I wouldn't be able to get paid if I made it a criminal act, or the city would not be liable in this case.

This is very serious stuff here. Just because I'm riding a motorized bicycle in a park doesn't allow others to cause you serious harm.

Yes I agree that it is still kind of funny that I was running to get away from someone screaming out their window on the street, thinking they were just pissed for me driving on the sidewalk, and then I fall and get hurt in the chase and sued. But that is just how the law is and for good reason because if it wasn't like that then the next time I see someone jay walking I'm going to run them over with my car.

Would you drive your car into a park, on the grass where no cars are allowed? On top of that while chasing someone on a motorized bicycle? Especially while you are not parks police and just work on maintenance in the park? This was a somewhat crowded section of the park also where anyone could be just laying on the grass.

Driving a tiny motorized bicycle is one thing but taking a full sized car into that area in a chase is another thing.

If I get hurt trying to escape someone chasing me through a park in a car, which was not marked at all on the front, and I had also no reason to stop for this person. Yes if I get hurt trying not to get run over and killed I can sue. It is as simple as that.

Remember, I'm the one who had to deal with a broken bone here and two surgeries. We have laws against crazies like this who think in a rage of anger can do things like this. This was simply road rage.

The guy also was on video cursing and screaming after I fell and was hurt. He also tried to leave the scene after other people were telling him that I was injured and telling him to stop. Lets just say the video was extremely good.
Civilians enforcing the law is a key component of our laws (at least in California). Your illegal bike, speeding, had no identifying plates for them to report you...so chasing you was only option.

As my deleted post said, but nicer: You and your attitude are why this country is going to hell.

You can't ride an illegal overpowered bike, going faster than federal law allows, and in a place Bikes are not allowed and expect only cops to care.

Guy was overzealous giving you broken bones...but you play stupid games...you get stupid prizes. And I'm assuming if he caught you without the injury, you would have gotten a citation.

You getting $200k is not right outcome, obviously, in my opinion. May I suggest you you head to Vegas while your still lucky...

Last edited:
Civilians enforcing the law is a key component of our laws (at least in California). Your illegal bike, speeding, had no identifying plates for them to report you...so chasing you was only option.

As my deleted post said, but nicer: You and your attitude are why this country is going to hell.

Chasing on foot is one thing, chasing with another bike is another thing but still dangerous. Chasing with a 2 ton car through a crowded park is a completely other thing. Police are not even allowed to chase and they certainly wouldn't chase someone through a park.

How would this guy ever even be able to stop me in a car unless he hit me? These are exactly why we have laws against people who think like you and who put everyone in danger.

If I committed a serious felony and he was chasing me that would be one thing, but not for riding an unregistered bike around. I was not going to put anyone in danger when he started the chase on the street, I was already out of the park.

There was a deleted post as well between my reply (Harsh) and the OP's update. A member was slagging off the OP with some rather "Harsh" comments (which I reported) and that post has been deleted by admin and a warning to him issued, lol...

Yes, I saw that. It was strongly worded, and from a new account created just to reply to this thread - the account only had the one post.
While it was worded too strongly for a civilised forum like this, I suspect a lot of people share the sentiment.

Nobody MADE the OP crash, and the parks worker probably had rights to drive in the park where the OP did not. It is yet another indictment of the US system if he truly did get this payout. But not at all surprising to any outsider looking in.

The OP is right about one thing - the usefulness of a dash cam. It's just a pity the parks worker didn't have one.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

"
I was riding around a high powered elec**+ tric bike through local parks. Regular bicycles were not even allowed in the parks.
"

"I sued the city park, yes I was riding around in a completely illegal motored bike not even legal on the street, Yes I was not allowed to ride in the parks, yes I was told in other forums that it was my fault and I couldn't get paid"

At best, you should be compensated for your medical expenses, and also fined for operating the illegal electric bike on public streets, and in the park, and probably have it confiscated.

I have several old dashcams. I'd be happy to donate one to the parks worker.

:)

When I was in a big accident years ago, (Not my fault) and I had to deal with crappy lawyers for years, I asked one of them 'Who do I get to sue?'

He told me 'nobody, you have no injury or weren't otherwise harmed'.

I guess 2-3 years of dealing with lawyers, a handful of trips across the country to attend court sessions, depositions, 6 months of unemployment, and years of limited employment opportunities are not 'harm'? I couldn't even sue the employer who screwed me over.

(or there was not enough money in it to interest the vampires...)

Back