How to change firmware Chinese language to English language on Yi dash camera version CABAA or CA31A

Need help!

After my Xiaoyi Dash Cam power on, screen remain black, i try press the Reset button with or without the memory card, the yellow light won't On.

Don't know how to solve this problem.

Need help!

After my Xiaoyi Dash Cam power on, screen remain black, i try press the Reset button with or without the memory card, the yellow light won't On.

Don't know how to solve this problem.

Still got problem?
Have you try again the steps?

Thanks for the great post!

I have a CABAA cam and managed to switch to English. Everything seems to work fine, however there are 3 bothering issues:
1. Start-up time is tooooo long (approx. 1 minute).
2. After one minute of starting-up, the cam doesn't start recording. Instead, it is stuck on a Pink screen displaying the app's barcode. Clicking "OK" opens another Pink screen with some text about ADAS.
3. When finally entering the main screen, it appears that none of the settings are saved and I have to change them manually every time (screen on settings, wifi settings etc.)

Any ideas why is this happening and how to fix it?

Why is everyone taking apart the Yi dashcam to refocus,when you can just remove the front cap around the camera to get to lens.

I have tried changing the serial number (CCBAA) back (with the SN.txt & AAA222CCC.txt) but am still stuck with the email support screen.
I have also tried re-installing the firmware but it remains on the email support screen.
Have I ruined my camera or is it repairable??

Hello,
I had the same problem and fix it back to CN language.
1. format Micro SD to Fat32 + 64bit
2. add 3 files: sn.txt + aaa222ccc.txt +engmode- do not forget to change the lettes US to CN on both files
3. insert card and power on
4. Camera in CN and working fine

Did you able to back to CN serial?
Since i get the access denide dam error msg i can not do nothing, and what about the "engmode" file? If you need the Chinese serial :)
i did it...
but also put "engmode" file to SD card

I have tried changing the serial number (CCBAA) back (with the SN.txt & AAA222CCC.txt) but am still stuck with the email support screen.
I have also tried re-installing the firmware but it remains on the email support screen.
Have I ruined my camera or is it repairable??
Hello,
read my post at the end of this one...
Do the same steps plus add the "engmode" file also
Good luck

Now i'm stuck with CN language and need help to make it English

Hello! I have a problem too.
After I have done steps 1-4, camera still works as before, starts recording, serial number did not change. No pink or email support screen.
Tried to reformat SD card couple of times, no change. It is Lexar class 10, 32gb.
The camera SN starts with CA31A.
Please tell me where I am wrong, thanks!

I finally made it work. Make sure that the file "engmode" is just an empty file with no extension. I made it originally as text file, so did not work.

Last edited:
I confirm that the procedure described in post #1 and #58 are correct and can be applied to CABACA devices as well.

same as you... Black Version with V-1.03.033 - CN & CA31.
none of the methods worked. need help!

Back