Vico Power Plus finally installed

executioner

Reaction score
Country
Panama
Dash Cam
Viofo A118, A119 & A129 Duo
Have been running dash cams for about 2 years and wanted to add some solid voltage protection for my BMW. The first time I hardwired a camera it was to an always on fuse and that just drained my battery overnight, will always remember that rookie mistake.

Purchased a Power Plus a few months ago but never got to install it as the A119 dash cam had no usable parking mode until now. So I finally performed the install and it went fine with a few hiccups as I did not notice the usb 12v plug was too short and not getting power and was getting late. At the time of install I did not have a second add a fuse, so only used the yellow battery wire and tapped into the power seats and the camera is running fine right now in both park mode and regular mode.

The temp cutoff was set to 65C but will probably set it higher as it gets really hot here. Voltage cutoff was set to 12V, is 12V alright for my car or is there some basic guidance for this?

What is the benefit of using the ACC wire and the unit switching to that power source? better for my battery? Should a voltage offset be used?

The temp cutoff was set to 65C but will probably set it higher as it gets really hot here. Voltage cutoff was set to 12V, is 12V alright for my car or is there some basic guidance for this?

depends where your Vico is mounted, 65°c down low in the car can easily be 85°c in the window so I wouldn't suggest adjusting it up much higher than that

depends where your Vico is mounted, 65°c down low in the car can easily be 85°c in the window so I wouldn't suggest adjusting it up much higher than that

The fuse box is behind the glove box and the Vico is currently in the glove box, also thought of the heat difference so will test it out. Usually it is 30-35°c at noon.

Was watching a couple of reviews on youtube and will try to measure the voltage from the fuses and use the offset if needed.

Back