Dual Mobius - wide and telephoto - in aluminum housing

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37895

I've been experimenting with a 16mm lens Mobius camera and a standard lens unit for traffic logging, and have decided to combine both the telephoto and wide angle. Basically the narrow angle camera is the main one, but the standard lens Mobius acts as a backup if it's aimed improperly. I got the Mobius with 16mm lens pre installed from BuyMobius.com and the normal one from Spy Tec. I did also order a 6mm lens to try from Mobius-ActionCam.com and will probably recieve it this week. I got this aluminum housing from the Eightwood store on Amazon. It's specifed as 4.33" x 3.74" x 2.17" and has a top panel and screw on side panels which I didn't use. The top panel slides freely but I put some vinyl tape on the edges so it stays in place when it's slid into the slots. Holding the Mobius cradles in place is 3M Dual Lock which is way better than Velcro because it locks in place without play.

eXgBPUB.jpg

CZMl9Ec.jpg
528yAE2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the pictures work? I can't see them. They're here IMGUR

Which 6mm lens did you purchase exactly? I can't seem to find that lens anywhere on Mobius-ActionCam.com.

probably get them from the same source, assuming the Mobius guys also supply them the accessories

This is the lens I ordered. I can't find where it says 6mm but I could swear that's what it was https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/store/products/mobius-zoommagnification-replacement-lens/

Edit: It says "8x"... I don't think it's 6mm. I think I ordered the wrong thing

Thanks for the link. I'd say one of my beefs about Mobius-ActionCam.com is that they offer very little info about the lenses they sell. No focal lengths or apertures, etc. The other is the rather high pricing.

Interesting timing as just today I installed the 6mm ƒ/1.2 lens with the IR-cut filter that arrived from Treeye on AliExpress. It's only been installed a few hours but so far I'm pleased with it, especially the ability to reduce motion blur in low lighting for plate capture. For less than 12 dollars, if you can cancel your order at Mobius-ActionCam.com it might be worth considering. (Important! You need to ask for the IR-cut filter to be installed BEFORE ordering!)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/F1-...id=2e9e0dee-689d-459c-a6bf-1735631e29e6&tpp=1

OK, there definitely seems to be an image posting problem. I just tried three times to post an image in this thread and it's not working. Someone else tried to post some images in a PM to me earlier and couldn't make it work either. I guess I'll tag @DashCamMan so he can look into this.

In the meantime, the image I tried to post was a screen shot from the 6mm lens I'm talking about and you can find it here HERE (IMGUR)

P.S. the fuzzy spot in the image is a piece of ice stuck to my windshield.

Last edited:
My order already shipped and it probably won't be worth the hassle to return. I'll just experiment with it and see how it does. I have a feeling it's the same as the 16mm lens I have, because it looks the same in pictures. I don't know what equivalent focal length to DSLR the 16mm lens gives because I don't know the actual dimensions of the Mobius sensor

What focal length mm is the standard Mobius lens?

Pictures should be working now. Had some server issues and it impacted attaching pictures. Resolved as of now as far as I am aware.

pictures which weren't showing previously seem to be working now, I got a PM and the photo showed in the email notification but not in the PM which seemed odd, that is also working correctly now, thanks

I made recorded the intersection by the gas station and combined the videos into one with AVIDemuxer, then uploaded to Youtube. 16mm really is a narrow field of view compared to the standard lens. It's about 125 feet to the center of the intersection

Back