What brand SD card are you using in your DOD unit

GuidoFL

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Class 10 and my video screen freezes up after about 15 min. of driving. The loop cycle is set on 2 minutes. And yes I did format the card with the menu option.

Any ides ??

check this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1600&p=20900#p20900

i recommend you if you have a GT300W or LS300W , take a look on Samsung Class 10 Plus model (not pro) , mine been working on 3mins have now 2 months or so
perfect and no errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
32 GB MicroSD Card ULTIMATE SDHC Class 10 with adapter Transcend

In use for 3 weeks now with no problems.
I did'nt format it. Just planted it in the cam and turned it on.
I hope it Will stay this way.
The Cam is a GT 300W

Willem

That's the one i use.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375220810.249140.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375220810.249140.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 230
fkhuebner said:
That's the one i use.

same mine. working 2 months now no complains , no glitches , no errors , perfect frame on videos.

Willemke said:
32 GB MicroSD Card ULTIMATE SDHC Class 10 with adapter Transcend

In use for 3 weeks now with no problems.
I did'nt format it. Just planted it in the cam and turned it on.
I hope it Will stay this way.
The Cam is a GT 300W

Willem

me too

Hey a big thank you to you fellows ! :D

SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10. With LS400w without any problems.

I read somewhere on the DOD website that Sandisk cards are not compatible with DOD cameras.
Anyway, for me, I use ADATA 32 GB.

SanDisk Extreme 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-I/ U3
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-I/U3

Last edited:
Currently I'm using a 128gb Samsung Evo Plus U3 card in my LS360W. Also used 128gb Toshiba Exceria U3 card.

https://dod-tech.ca/en/supportcenter/formatting-64gb-microsdxc-cards-for-dod-tech-cameras/#PC

I downloaded the fat32 formatter software, formatted the cards as fat32. Both 128gb cards work fine.... No issues..

Cool info! One of my grips about dash cams is having to use 32 GB cards! I never thought to try reformatting larger cards. \

Thanks!
Yes. By default windows will format card of 32gb of less as fat32..... Otherwise it'll be exfat or NTFS. Which many dash cams don't read.....

So by using special software to format any card as fat32, it will allow dash cams to be able to read these cards...

And, on a side note, this is also true for other things like Bluetooth speakers with built in mp3 players.... The manufacturer states a maximum of 32gb just for ease of compatibility.... But again, if you format larger cards as fat32 then these other devices will also be able to use larger cards...

I am also using 128gb cards my portable bluetooth speakers. More music, less repartition...

P.S. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.....

Yes. By default windows will format card of 32gb of less as fat32..... Otherwise it'll be exfat or NTFS. Which many dash cams don't read.....

So by using special software to format any card as fat32, it will allow dash cams to be able to read these cards...

And, on a side note, this is also true for other things like Bluetooth speakers with built in mp3 players.... The manufacturer states a maximum of 32gb just for ease of compatibility.... But again, if you format larger cards as fat32 then these other devices will also be able to use larger cards...

I am also using 128gb cards my portable bluetooth speakers. More music, less repartition...

P.S. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.....

Not sure about the suck eggs part but I appreciate the info. I've reformatted external drives but never memory cards.

larger than 32gb the cards are exFAT by default, don't ever use NTFS on a memory card as it will cause premature wear

When are peeps going to 'get' SD cards , simple Class 10 is ample , no need for Class 10 U3 , my camera is 10 Mbps , 48 Mbps is just 6 MB/s which is Class 6 .

Then there's the memory cell type , TLC Nand and MLC Nand , MLC can be loop recording rewritten many more times over .

So use a Samsung Evo or San Disk Ultra TLC card in a dash cam and it's warranty void !

regular Class 10 cards are fast enough for most cameras, faster cards are more of an advantage for people that want to archive footage as the read speeds are much faster

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DOD 47
Back