A career in Moto GP is not in this riders future! (Philippines)

The pickup driver did very well to pull out and then turn back in, putting his truck at the perfect angle to deflect the bike back onto its own side of the road. If he hadn't done that with perfect timing then the biker would be dead. Although he did have to put his brakes on to get the perfect timing...

Even though it wasn't the cause of the accident crash, I couldn't see any reason for the pickup truck to be driving on the wrong side of the road. The driver apparently doesn't worry about his litter blowing off the back of his truck either. :mad:

I'm afraid litter is part of the landscape in the Philippines. :(

And that's why you will never see me on a motorcycle on the streets and why it is one of a few things i am not licensed for, but if you saw me on one on the track the outcome might well be the same just i would not need oncoming traffic.

I really would love to try that one day, nice and easy just give me a full tank and i will get on with it nice and easy and find my limit, and probably then exceed that cuz that's what i have done with most things as it otherwise are no fun to me.

I thought the papers came from the bike. Maybe his backpack exploded in the crash...
Most of them did, but it looks like one floated from the bed of the truck before dropping back down again.

Silly Billy , never heard of inertia or G-force ! ( well he has now )

Thing about bikes = Go too fast and they dont turn ...
Takes a great amount of skill to keep a bike in a turn at speed ...
I see way to many bike riders do this fail .. Most are lucky and learn to slow down ... But a small number just dont learn till they get taught by the school of hard knocks

Even though it wasn't the cause of the accident crash, I couldn't see any reason for the pickup truck to be driving on the wrong side of the road. The driver apparently doesn't worry about his litter blowing off the back of his truck either. :mad:
The pickup was a little over the line, it's not like it was "on the wrong side of the road". The biker, on the other hand, "invaded" the pickup's lane completely.

If there had been a regular sized vehicle coming the other way, the truck would have hit it. So yes, the truck was on the wrong side of the road.

Regardless though, even if the truck had been on the right side of the road, the bike still would have hit it because the bike was obviously going way too fast for that curve in the road.

The pickup was a little over the line, it's not like it was "on the wrong side of the road". The biker, on the other hand, "invaded" the pickup's lane completely.

1515785599050.png
More than just a little I would say.

1515785725934.png
But he had moved back over before the bike hit his truck.

He was passing the people mover ( pick up ) .. Which also seemed to be using a lot of road ...
Still if the bike had been in the middle of his lane / knew how to ride / wasn't playing speed racer / there would have been no issue ...
Unfortunately the bike was at the limit of / gravity - inertia - skill - speed - and brain power !

He's also lucky he was still somewhat upright when he hit the truck. If he had been leaning over more and fell over on his side, he could have gone UNDER the truck and then it would be a very different ending.

Back